Saturday, September 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "SCORE! The Outhouse does it again!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 230 - BATMAN & ROBIN #13

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Punchy wrote:1) Mister Pyg, a villain introduced in Batman And Robin #1-3

2) Oberon Sexton, the crime writer The Joker was masquerading as

3) At this moment, Bruce Wayne is a cowboy, but he was a Caveman. Then he was a Puritan, then a Pirate, and now a Cowboy.

4) Dick is Batman

Thanks.

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:22 pm

doombug wrote:Yeah but that's still my reaction to the craziness that Morrison has been setting up these last few years.

It works within the confines of what Morrison's been setting up between Batman, B&R, and the Return of Bruce Wayne. A lot of the pieces of his Batman run are starting to make more sense with some of the more recent revelations about where Bruce has been and who Dr. Hurt actually is.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:24 pm

The deal with the bat demon was revealed in issue of #2 of Bruce's fantastic time adventures right? :lol:

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:43 pm

doombug wrote:The deal with the bat demon was revealed in issue of #2 of Bruce's fantastic time adventures right? :lol:

Well, there was some sort of entity in that cave that came through the same time Bruce made his first time jump. From the stuff going on at the Vanishing Point, it may have been something sent into the timestream with Bruce by Darkseid.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:56 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Chap's comment reminds me that I was actually trade-waiting this, but since I bought this issue for the review group I probably won't rush out and buy the trade when it's published..

When it comes to Morrison, Chap doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. This issue is way cool !

The_Phenomenal_Sage

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby The_Phenomenal_Sage » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:09 pm

I have this in my box o comics and i was gonna double dip til I saw the art.

no way i am paying twice for that art.

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:13 pm

Sire wrote:I have this in my box o comics and i was gonna double dip til I saw the art.

no way i am paying twice for that art.

You must have this confused with another comic. The preview art for B&R 13 was buckets full of awesome.

The_Phenomenal_Sage

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby The_Phenomenal_Sage » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:51 pm

John Snow wrote:You must have this confused with another comic. The preview art for B&R 13 was buckets full of awesome.

I prefer Andy Clarke on this vs. Irving and no way could I see myself paying twice.

I mean whatever floats your boat.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:52 pm

John Snow wrote:You must have this confused with another comic. The preview art for B&R 13 was buckets full of awesome.

It's good, but most panels have no backgrounds.

The characters seem to inhabit an empty world.

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:01 pm

Sire wrote:I prefer Andy Clarke on this vs. Irving and no way could I see myself paying twice.

I mean whatever floats your boat.

Did I or did I not advocate Byrne stealing this in the OP if you pre-ordered it?

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Eli Katz wrote:It's good, but most panels have no backgrounds.

That's being done to death these days. When you guys were criticizing one of Kirby's inkers for erasing details I thought, yeah but these days they forgo background details entirely for some computer-created gradation or tone.

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:03 pm

Metaphor for life, IMO.

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:04 pm

Also, I think you would dig this comic...

http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/view ... hp?t=45755

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:05 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:That's being done to death these days. When you guys were criticizing one of Kirby's inkers for erasing details I thought, yeah but these days they forgo background details entirely for some computer-created gradation or tone.

When I was reading the second 4th World Omnibus a few weeks back I lol'd at every Superman head that had been replaced.

The_Phenomenal_Sage

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby The_Phenomenal_Sage » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:07 pm

John Snow wrote:Did I or did I not advocate Byrne stealing this in the OP if you pre-ordered it?

If I don't pay for the comic then i don't get to read the comic.

leave a comment with facebook