Thursday, September 29, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Yellow journalism at its finest."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 230 - BATMAN & ROBIN #13

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:07 pm

John Snow wrote:Also, I think you would dig this comic...

http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/view ... hp?t=45755

Thanks. I'm gonna have to check this out.

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:10 pm

Sire wrote:If I don't pay for the comic then i don't get to read the comic.

You've already paid for the comic.

skywatcher

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:12 pm

John Snow wrote:When I was reading the second 4th World Omnibus a few weeks back I lol'd at every Superman head that had been replaced.

Yeah, DC didn't like Jack Kirby's rendition of Superman because it was so radically different from Curt Swan's over in the Big Blue's regular mags. Kirby's run on Jimmy Olsen was filled with instances of Superman's head and features being redrawn by another artist.

The_Phenomenal_Sage

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby The_Phenomenal_Sage » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:23 pm

John Snow wrote:You've already paid for the comic.

yeah but I didn't pay that comic shop for it. It's just about a show of respect if I wont pay them for it, then I won't read it. its in a sense stealing from them to me.

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Sire wrote:yeah but I didn't pay that comic shop for it. It's just about a show of respect if I wont pay them for it, then I won't read it. its in a sense stealing from them to me.

This is the kind of thinking that made you a terrible tyrant.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:36 pm

Sire wrote:yeah but I didn't pay that comic shop for it. It's just about a show of respect if I wont pay them for it, then I won't read it. its in a sense stealing from them to me.

I can respect that 100%

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:01 pm

I forgot what the book was this week so I didn't grab it, now that I am reminded that it is a Batman book I am not too bummed out...

I will try to grab it next week.
[spoiler] I am full of shit... Batman is lame.[/spoiler]

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:42 pm

Batman and Robin #13

or

A Moment in the Home of Starlord

Mightymouse: Honey, why are you coming down the stairs with that weird look on your face?

Starlord: Shut the hell up!

Mightymouse: What? What's wrong with you? Why is there blood coming out of your nose and ears?

Starlord: I told you to shut hell up! Don't make me come over there and snap you in half!

Mightymouse: Oh God... you did it didn't you... you read HIM again?!

*Starlord throws table lamp into wall*

Starlord: Leave me alone! I told you I could handle it!

Mightymouse: Oh baby, you promised me. You said you'd never touch his shit again. YOU PROMISED ME YOU BASTARD!!!!

Starlord: I'm sorry. *sob* I didn't want to but its my friends. Just when I think I've gotten away from that crap they keep pulling me back in. Please... baby... please give me another chance.

Mightymouse: No, not anymore. You disgust me. Look at what that hack does to you. You're bleeding out of every orifice of your body. It's shit, Starlord! Pure shit! I can't watch you destroy yourself like this.

Starlord: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The moral of this story is: Finding a kernal of corn in a pile of dog shit doesn't make the kernal any cooler.

My Score: 0

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:42 pm

Well, if you think Dick Grayson is lame you'll love the splash on page 6 ! :twisted:

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Being the big Go-Go's fan that I am I should choose Lady Robotika for shit's and giggles. :twisted:

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:59 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:Being the big Go-Go's fan that I am I should choose Lady Robotika for shit's and giggles. :twisted:

I like Doctor Solar, Strange Science Fantasy, Officer Downe, Stuff of Legend: The Jungle, and Pood #1.

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:24 pm

I dug this comic more than I have any comic in a while.

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:46 pm

I will just get this outta the way now... next weeks book is...

GORILLA MAN #1
WRITER: Jeff Parker
PENCILS: Giancarlo Caracuzzo
THE STORY:
"If you kill the magical Gorilla-Man, you become immortal." Shooting from the pages of ATLAS, comes an all-new exploration of fan-favorite Gorilla Man! Yes, Ken Hale is blessed with might and cursed with inhumanity, but you don't know the entire tale, and how his history may destroy his present! See his storied past as an Agent of Atlas, a soldier of fortune, an ally of the Avengers, and a Howling Commando! Three incredible issues by Jeff Parker (ATLAS, THUNDERBOLTS, FALL OF THE HULKS ALPHA) and Giancarlo Caracuzzo (ATLAS)! Plus a "Many Legends of the Gorilla Man" reprint. Rated T ...$3.99

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:48 pm

Trying not to say ugh.

Oops.

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:50 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Trying not to say ugh.

Oops.

I <3 Gorilla Man!
Ugh away! 8)

leave a comment with facebook