Monday, September 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Something about hobo piss."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 230 - BATMAN & ROBIN #13

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Postby ****** » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 pm

thefourthman wrote:eh.. there are a bunch of hipster wannabes who want to hate everything he has done since Final Crisis, but love Seaguy. :?

Batman and Robin is balls to the wall fun. Batman was solid, except for RIP and maybe the novella.

The novella is the greatest thing Mozz has done since the scar photo.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Sire wrote:wait wait are people bashing the ENTIRE run of Morrison on Batman and Robin or just this issue?

because i haven't read this one yet, but overall Batman and Robin is a top notch book.

it's goddamn awful.

The_Phenomenal_Sage

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby The_Phenomenal_Sage » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:54 pm

I totally love Morrison's Dick and Damien, this title has made me like Damien as the new Robin.

and I can't stand Morrison's run on Batman, I still have no clue what was going on with his run and basically have fazed it all out of my memory. but this is a great book.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:56 pm

Daringd wrote:See I LOVE RIP and was blown away by the prose issue

I like the ideas in RIP, RIP has two problems going into ...

1. it is tied into final crisis and not easy to resolve with final crisis, so this is a problem

2. and possibly the bigger problem, it was hyped like a big solitary story and it was dependent on you having read all Morrison's run.

The novella was okay, and dense, the real problem was that first chapter was Morrison verbally masturbating.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:57 pm

John Snow wrote:The novella is the greatest thing Mozz has done since the scar photo.

i don't know what that is.

Postby ****** » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:58 pm

thefourthman wrote:i don't know what that is.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:00 pm

John Snow wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

i hate you.

Postby ****** » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:11 pm

thefourthman wrote:i hate you.

Post hate here pls, it's what all the cool brit teens are doing today.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:18 pm

John Snow wrote:Post hate here pls, it's what all the cool brit teens are doing today.

fuck cool brit teens, fuck scott pilgrim and fuck you!

Mr_Batman

Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:23 pm

Sire wrote:I totally love Morrison's Dick.

:? :lol:

I'm just messing with you man.

Talking about the whole B&R run, I've liked it for the most part. It's confusing here and there, but generally it's a fun read. But I haven't read all of Morrison's Batman run. Just stuff toward the end, such as stuff right before RIP.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:26 pm

thefourthman wrote:eh.. there are a bunch of hipster wannabes who want to hate everything he has done since Final Crisis, but love Seaguy. :?

Batman and Robin is balls to the wall fun. Batman was solid, except for RIP and maybe the novella.

I like Batman And Robin and Joe The Barbarian.

I think Final Crisis and RIP were the nadir of Grant Morrison, he's managed to expunge all the shit, and now there's only goodness left.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:25 pm

thefourthman wrote:I like the ideas in RIP, RIP has two problems going into ...

1. it is tied into final crisis and not easy to resolve with final crisis, so this is a problem

2. and possibly the bigger problem, it was hyped like a big solitary story and it was dependent on you having read all Morrison's run.

The novella was okay, and dense, the real problem was that first chapter was Morrison verbally masturbating.

RIP being tied to FC is what killed it for me. I really enjoyed the first three or four issues, but hated the non-ending. I'm not crazy about lost-in-time Batman either, at least as a concept. I haven't bothered to read the mini where he time hops from the prehistoric age to the Wild West.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Eli Katz wrote:RIP being tied to FC is what killed it for me. I really enjoyed the first three or four issues, but hated the non-ending. I'm not crazy about lost-in-time Batman either, at least as a concept. I haven't bothered to read the mini where he time hops from the prehistoric age to the Wild West.

its uneven thus far, I would classify it as batfanatic only. I would lover for you to read Batman and Son and tell us your thought. I absolutely love that arc, for lack of a better term. And having read it six or seven times now, I am still picking up on stuff every time I read it.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:31 pm

thefourthman wrote:its uneven thus far, I would classify it as batfanatic only. I would lover for you to read Batman and Son and tell us your thought. I absolutely love that arc, for lack of a better term. And having read it six or seven times now, I am still picking up on stuff every time I read it.

That's the ninja Man-bat story? I read it and thought it was good fun. I'll check it out again when I have time and give you more complete thoughts about it.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:31 pm

The good Morrison Batman stories are the JH Williams one and the Quitely, Stewart, Clarke and now Irving issues of Batman And Robin.

leave a comment with facebook