Advertisement

Review Group Week 230 - BATMAN & ROBIN #13

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post


Postby ****** » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 pm

thefourthman wrote:eh.. there are a bunch of hipster wannabes who want to hate everything he has done since Final Crisis, but love Seaguy. :?

Batman and Robin is balls to the wall fun. Batman was solid, except for RIP and maybe the novella.


The novella is the greatest thing Mozz has done since the scar photo.

Advertisement

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21238
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 14 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Sire wrote:wait wait are people bashing the ENTIRE run of Morrison on Batman and Robin or just this issue?


because i haven't read this one yet, but overall Batman and Robin is a top notch book.

it's goddamn awful.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Hermit_Sage
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 4775
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: St. Louis Park, MN
Title: OH Elections Commissioner
Formerly: The Middle Sage, Phenomenal Sire


Postby Hermit_Sage » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:54 pm

I totally love Morrison's Dick and Damien, this title has made me like Damien as the new Robin.

and I can't stand Morrison's run on Batman, I still have no clue what was going on with his run and basically have fazed it all out of my memory. but this is a great book.
Image

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26392
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:56 pm

Daringd wrote:See I LOVE RIP and was blown away by the prose issue

I like the ideas in RIP, RIP has two problems going into ...

1. it is tied into final crisis and not easy to resolve with final crisis, so this is a problem

2. and possibly the bigger problem, it was hyped like a big solitary story and it was dependent on you having read all Morrison's run.

The novella was okay, and dense, the real problem was that first chapter was Morrison verbally masturbating.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26392
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:57 pm

John Snow wrote:The novella is the greatest thing Mozz has done since the scar photo.

i don't know what that is.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post


Postby ****** » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:58 pm

thefourthman wrote:i don't know what that is.


[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26392
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:00 pm

John Snow wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

i hate you.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post


Postby ****** » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:11 pm

thefourthman wrote:i hate you.


Post hate here pls, it's what all the cool brit teens are doing today.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26392
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:18 pm

John Snow wrote:Post hate here pls, it's what all the cool brit teens are doing today.

fuck cool brit teens, fuck scott pilgrim and fuck you!

Mr_Batman
User avatar
Review Grouper
 
Posts: 3647
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:15 pm


Postby Mr_Batman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:23 pm

Sire wrote:I totally love Morrison's Dick.

:? :lol:

I'm just messing with you man.

Talking about the whole B&R run, I've liked it for the most part. It's confusing here and there, but generally it's a fun read. But I haven't read all of Morrison's Batman run. Just stuff toward the end, such as stuff right before RIP.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34185
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Postby Punchy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:26 pm

thefourthman wrote:eh.. there are a bunch of hipster wannabes who want to hate everything he has done since Final Crisis, but love Seaguy. :?

Batman and Robin is balls to the wall fun. Batman was solid, except for RIP and maybe the novella.


I like Batman And Robin and Joe The Barbarian.

I think Final Crisis and RIP were the nadir of Grant Morrison, he's managed to expunge all the shit, and now there's only goodness left.

Eli Katz
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 10808
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:44 pm
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012


Postby Eli Katz » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:25 pm

thefourthman wrote:I like the ideas in RIP, RIP has two problems going into ...

1. it is tied into final crisis and not easy to resolve with final crisis, so this is a problem

2. and possibly the bigger problem, it was hyped like a big solitary story and it was dependent on you having read all Morrison's run.

The novella was okay, and dense, the real problem was that first chapter was Morrison verbally masturbating.

RIP being tied to FC is what killed it for me. I really enjoyed the first three or four issues, but hated the non-ending. I'm not crazy about lost-in-time Batman either, at least as a concept. I haven't bothered to read the mini where he time hops from the prehistoric age to the Wild West.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26392
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Eli Katz wrote:RIP being tied to FC is what killed it for me. I really enjoyed the first three or four issues, but hated the non-ending. I'm not crazy about lost-in-time Batman either, at least as a concept. I haven't bothered to read the mini where he time hops from the prehistoric age to the Wild West.

its uneven thus far, I would classify it as batfanatic only. I would lover for you to read Batman and Son and tell us your thought. I absolutely love that arc, for lack of a better term. And having read it six or seven times now, I am still picking up on stuff every time I read it.

Eli Katz
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 10808
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:44 pm
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012


Postby Eli Katz » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:31 pm

thefourthman wrote:its uneven thus far, I would classify it as batfanatic only. I would lover for you to read Batman and Son and tell us your thought. I absolutely love that arc, for lack of a better term. And having read it six or seven times now, I am still picking up on stuff every time I read it.

That's the ninja Man-bat story? I read it and thought it was good fun. I'll check it out again when I have time and give you more complete thoughts about it.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34185
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Postby Punchy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:31 pm

The good Morrison Batman stories are the JH Williams one and the Quitely, Stewart, Clarke and now Irving issues of Batman And Robin.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 90 guests

Advertisement