Sunday, September 25, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "We put the "O" in OCD."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 231 - GORILLA-MAN #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:14 pm

John Snow wrote:Maybe if you can carjack a time machine.

Maybe not.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:49 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Starlord's drag name is Fancy Cupcakes?

No wonder John Snow is agitated.

Sorry the kids gave me my drag name on vacation this year. It's Cocoa Goldenrod.

Check with Timberoo, he may not have one yet. ;-)

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:50 pm

starlord wrote:Sorry the kids gave me my drag name on vacation this year. It's Cocoa Goldenrod.

Check with Timberoo, he may not have one yet. ;-)

Ok. Shame to see a good drag name go to waste.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:17 am

I actually managed to get to my LCS today. Fuck work, I said.

But I could not read the monkey book. It's just not my type of story. Like Twigglet, I hate talking animals in comics and I can't get past it.

Sorry. I couldn't get beyond page 3. I did flip through to the back of the comic and it seemed to contain an old Stan Lee-Jack Kirby reprint. I didn't read that, either, because it seemed to feature more apes.

The art was fun and cartoony. But it didn't make me want to read a story about a gorilla that disguises himself as a normal-looking guy.

STORY: 1
ART: 7
OVERALL: 4

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:39 am

Has Twigg or have you Eli ever read Fables? I think that's an easy exception to the talking animal thing.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:23 am

He doesn't change into a Gorilla! He's stuck as one.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:46 am

Punchy wrote:He doesn't change into a Gorilla! He's stuck as one.

With an "image inducer", which is actually worse. It's too easy and I don't buy that a 350 lb brachial locomoting gorilla is going to be magically disguised as a normal adult male, the actual physical appearance is only one part of it. To make it worse, Gorilla Man is sometimes shown moving like an ape, but when it's more convenient he doesn't.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:14 am

doombug wrote:Has Twigg or have you Eli ever read Fables? I think that's an easy exception to the talking animal thing.

I'm not into Fables, either.

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:18 am

doombug wrote:Has Twigg or have you Eli ever read Fables? I think that's an easy exception to the talking animal thing.

At least in Fables they segregate the talking animals from society. :twisted:

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:21 am

5 pages and no reviews from anyone who has actually read the book!? :evil:

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:30 am

AMS wrote:5 pages and no reviews from anyone who has actually read the book!? :evil:

Eli reviewed it and I read it but want to read it again before I review it. I really wasn't that impressed though.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:20 pm

I had hoped to knock this out tonite, but 4thbro got a dui last week and now I am his chauffer and shit and I was supposed to have the night off from that but his ride to his alcoholic assessment backed out on him and now I have to do it! Stupid family.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:30 pm

thefourthman wrote:I had hoped to knock this out tonite, but 4thbro got a dui last week and now I am his chauffer and shit and I was supposed to have the night off from that but his ride to his alcoholic assessment backed out on him and now I have to do it! Stupid family.

Sounds like you're the one who needs the drink. Christ, you've had a lot to deal with lately.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:44 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Sounds like you're the one who needs the drink. Christ, you've had a lot to deal with lately.

this is on top of driving Morgan to camp and getting Mom up in the morning, helping her get dressed and getting her breakfast!

Yeah, it's been nuts and like I said, both ebay and my brick and mortar are doing better right now... with a remodel still in the middle of happening and the new store being open.

(I also been working five to six 10 hour days a week)

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:50 pm

all right back to packing shit to ship, later yall.

leave a comment with facebook