Advertisement

Review Group Week 231 - GORILLA-MAN #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 135 posts

Postby doombug » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:51 pm

John Snow wrote:If DC doesn't want me to judge a book by it's cover, they shouldn't put Booster Gold and Hal Jordan on it. :x :x :x

Maybe if you read their current incarnations you'd know how great both characters are. :roll:

Advertisement

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:56 pm

I picked it because unlike a certain person who likes to bitch about the fact that he seemingly can't stop being the leader of the review group, I enjoy the work of Dan Jurgens.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:08 pm

doombug wrote:Maybe if you read their current incarnations you'd know how great both characters are. :roll:

:roll:
Hal sucks!
Booster is awesome though!

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:11 pm

thefourthman wrote::roll:
Hal sucks!
Booster is awesome though!

Nah Hal is awesome, he just doesn't really have a book anymore. :lol: (because he's a guest star in his own series)

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:15 pm

doombug wrote:Nah Hal is awesome, he just doesn't really have a book anymore. :lol: (because he's a guest star in his own series)

as it should be, because he sucks.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 351 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:03 am

only punchy and I liked it, ouch.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:13 am

guitarsmashley wrote:only punchy and I liked it, ouch.

You're in fine company!

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:58 am

doombug wrote:Maybe if you read their current incarnations you'd know how great both characters are. :roll:

Geoff Johns must be developing a rash with you sucking his dick so often. :roll:

Postby ****** » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:59 am

doombug wrote:I picked it because unlike a certain person who likes to bitch about the fact that he seemingly can't stop being the leader of the review group, I enjoy the work of Dan Jurgens.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, Mr. Internet Serious makes an appearance. :lol:

Postby ****** » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:59 am

thefourthman wrote:as it should be, because he sucks.

:high five:

Postby ****** » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:00 am

guitarsmashley wrote:only punchy and I liked it, ouch.

Yep, Punchy's slipping now that he's getting old.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:14 am

John Snow wrote:He exudes lameness from every orifice. Not only is he not funny, the reason everyone seems to like him, JLI, is probably the most overrated unfunny book in the history if the interwebs.

*high five*

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:28 am

John Snow wrote:He exudes lameness from every orifice. Not only is he not funny, the reason everyone seems to like him, JLI, is probably the most overrated unfunny book in the history if the interwebs.

You're a legend!

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Chubbles » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:30 am

Finally, Chubbles has come back to the Review Group!! And now it's time to lay the review smackdown on your candy asses!!!

Ok I grabbed this gorilla book yesterday bc I was passing by a local comic shop and had some time to kill. I noticed however that they had ALREADY posted all of the new books for wed. on the shelf. I hadn't seen that before and I imagine they'd get in pretty big trouble if anyone finds out.

Back to the book, I've read some Atlas stuff and found it decent enough, just not interesting enough to warrant a monthly purchase (seeing it get cancelled yet again shows I'm not alone in that sentiment). This was very much along those lines. It was ok, decent art, decent story, but nothing grabbed me in this book. I loved the old Indiana Jones movies and this faintly resembled that in terms of artifacts and jungle stuff but I didn't really care about the cliffhanger at the end. I was emotionless so that's a pretty good indicator that this book ain't for me.

The gorilla guy seems sort of funny and has elements of outright comedy that deadpool has but not taken to that extreme. Overall this was a forgetable book and with all the good stuff out there I don't have room on my pull to carry filler like I felt this was.

Art 5
Story 3.5
Overall 4.25

Postby ****** » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:33 am

Chubbles wrote:Finally, Chubbles has come back to the Review Group!!

:smt038

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand