Advertisement

Review Group Week 232 - TIME MASTERS: VANISHING POINT #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:29 pm

thefourthman wrote:that's a horrible name.


It's horrible either way.

So is Goldstar. Supernova isn't so great, but he's made worse by that costume he wears.

Advertisement

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34370
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 43 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Online


Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:25 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:The Booster Gold cast has the some of the worst costumes and code-names ever. Supernova's costume. Goldstar. And why the hell is he named Booster Gold anyway, what does that mean?


Booster was his nickname as a College Football player, and Gold is because he... wears gold I guess.

I will not stand for this Booster Gold bashing! He's the best character in the DCU!

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26533
Likes: 36 posts
Liked in: 20 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Punchy wrote:Booster was his nickname as a College Football player, and Gold is because he... wears gold I guess.

I will not stand for this Booster Gold bashing! He's the best character in the DCU!

wow, Batman has what was left from One Punch left for you.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34370
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 43 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Online


Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:41 pm

thefourthman wrote:wow, Batman has what was left from One Punch left for you.


Batman is overrated, I've never really liked him.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:44 pm

Punchy wrote:Booster was his nickname as a College Football player, and Gold is because he... wears gold I guess.

I will not stand for this Booster Gold bashing! He's the best character in the DCU!


The best thing he could think of for a code-name was his old football nickname combined with one of two colors he was wearing?

What about Goldstar? It said she has magnetic powers, so why Goldstar? It sounds like a medicated powder.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34370
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 43 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Online


Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:The best thing he could think of for a code-name was his old football nickname combined with one of two colors he was wearing?

What about Goldstar? It said she has magnetic powers, so why Goldstar? It sounds like a medicated powder.


I don't really know.

Most superhero names are stupid, why pick on these?

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Punchy wrote:I don't really know.

Most superhero names are stupid, why pick on these?


It's the pick this week.

No, I'm half serious, I never understood Booster Gold or liked him as a character.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34370
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 43 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Online


Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:04 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:It's the pick this week.

No, I'm half serious, I never understood Booster Gold or liked him as a character.


What's not to understand? He travels through time and is a doofus!

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 19973
Likes: 149 posts
Liked in: 240 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Online


Postby Amoebas » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Went to get Time Masters today and... Sold Out. I'll try another shop tomorrow.

And I get to pick next week! Bwa-ha-ha! Another DC book it is!

My run down...

Image
GL Corps #50. Too obvious

Image
Very tempted as the full creative is here (unlike 9 weeks ago when it was the worst fill-in possible for Review Week)

Image
I love First Wave but #1 was done and the book is light on recaps.

This just leaves one book (and I was serious with that Bwa-ha-ha earlier)...

Justice League: Generation Lost #6
ImageImage

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34370
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 43 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Online


Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:24 pm

Not Wonder Woman #601?

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:27 pm

Punchy wrote:What's not to understand?


I thought I'd start with the basics, why's he got that dumb name and what's the deal with his D-list supporting cast. Don't even get as far as Rip Hunter being his son, at that point my head explodes like Vanishing Point. It's torn asunder!

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 19973
Likes: 149 posts
Liked in: 240 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Online


Postby Amoebas » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:28 pm

Punchy wrote:Not Wonder Woman #601?

After the preview in 600 (which was well discussed elsewhere) I'm not that excited so it didn't make my short list.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34370
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 43 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Online


Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:30 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I thought I'd start with the basics, why's he got that dumb name and what's the deal with his D-list supporting cast. Don't even get as far as Rip Hunter being his son, at that point my head explodes like Vanishing Point. It's torn asunder!


Just read Geoff Johns' run, it explains most of it.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Image

<object width="475" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.icomicsonsale.com/d/MAY100121"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="http://www.icomicsonsale.com/d/MAY100121" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="475" height="300"></object>

That's next week's pick, eh?

Eli Katz
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 10907
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 48 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:44 pm
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012


Postby Eli Katz » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Image

<object width="475" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.icomicsonsale.com/d/MAY100121"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="http://www.icomicsonsale.com/d/MAY100121" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="475" height="300"></object>

That's next week's pick, eh?

Is this going to be hard to follow if I haven't read anything Justice League-related in about four years?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], NoctourneM and 150 guests

Advertisement