Wednesday, May 4, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not Multiversity!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Review Group Week 232 - TIME MASTERS: VANISHING POINT #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:29 pm

thefourthman wrote:that's a horrible name.

It's horrible either way.

So is Goldstar. Supernova isn't so great, but he's made worse by that costume he wears.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:25 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:The Booster Gold cast has the some of the worst costumes and code-names ever. Supernova's costume. Goldstar. And why the hell is he named Booster Gold anyway, what does that mean?

Booster was his nickname as a College Football player, and Gold is because he... wears gold I guess.

I will not stand for this Booster Gold bashing! He's the best character in the DCU!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Punchy wrote:Booster was his nickname as a College Football player, and Gold is because he... wears gold I guess.

I will not stand for this Booster Gold bashing! He's the best character in the DCU!

wow, Batman has what was left from One Punch left for you.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:41 pm

thefourthman wrote:wow, Batman has what was left from One Punch left for you.

Batman is overrated, I've never really liked him.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:44 pm

Punchy wrote:Booster was his nickname as a College Football player, and Gold is because he... wears gold I guess.

The best thing he could think of for a code-name was his old football nickname combined with one of two colors he was wearing?

What about Goldstar? It said she has magnetic powers, so why Goldstar? It sounds like a medicated powder.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:The best thing he could think of for a code-name was his old football nickname combined with one of two colors he was wearing?

What about Goldstar? It said she has magnetic powers, so why Goldstar? It sounds like a medicated powder.

I don't really know.

Most superhero names are stupid, why pick on these?

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Punchy wrote:I don't really know.

Most superhero names are stupid, why pick on these?

It's the pick this week.

No, I'm half serious, I never understood Booster Gold or liked him as a character.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:04 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:It's the pick this week.

No, I'm half serious, I never understood Booster Gold or liked him as a character.

What's not to understand? He travels through time and is a doofus!

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Went to get Time Masters today and... Sold Out. I'll try another shop tomorrow.

And I get to pick next week! Bwa-ha-ha! Another DC book it is!

My run down...

GL Corps #50. Too obvious

Very tempted as the full creative is here (unlike 9 weeks ago when it was the worst fill-in possible for Review Week)

I love First Wave but #1 was done and the book is light on recaps.

This just leaves one book (and I was serious with that Bwa-ha-ha earlier)...

Justice League: Generation Lost #6
ImageImage

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:24 pm

Not Wonder Woman #601?

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:27 pm

Punchy wrote:What's not to understand?

I thought I'd start with the basics, why's he got that dumb name and what's the deal with his D-list supporting cast. Don't even get as far as Rip Hunter being his son, at that point my head explodes like Vanishing Point. It's torn asunder!

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:28 pm

Punchy wrote:Not Wonder Woman #601?

After the preview in 600 (which was well discussed elsewhere) I'm not that excited so it didn't make my short list.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:30 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I thought I'd start with the basics, why's he got that dumb name and what's the deal with his D-list supporting cast. Don't even get as far as Rip Hunter being his son, at that point my head explodes like Vanishing Point. It's torn asunder!

Just read Geoff Johns' run, it explains most of it.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:33 pm

<object width="475" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.icomicsonsale.com/d/MAY100121"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="http://www.icomicsonsale.com/d/MAY100121" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="475" height="300"></object>

That's next week's pick, eh?

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Image

<object width="475" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.icomicsonsale.com/d/MAY100121"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="http://www.icomicsonsale.com/d/MAY100121" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="475" height="300"></object>

That's next week's pick, eh?

Is this going to be hard to follow if I haven't read anything Justice League-related in about four years?

leave a comment with facebook