Advertisement

SDCC: More Young Justice Details Come to the Surface

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:13 am

Greg wrote:Phil Lamarr as Aquaman? :?

He can play white people! He was the Earth-King in Avatar!

Greg is racist! :P

Advertisement

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:17 am

Punchy wrote:He can play white people! He was the Earth-King in Avatar!

Greg is racist! :P

:lol: He also did Gambit in Wolverine and the X-Men and Samurai Jack (Asian). I just don't see him as Aquaman. Ah well. I trust this show.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:21 am

Greg wrote::lol: He also did Gambit in Wolverine and the X-Men and Samurai Jack (Asian). I just don't see him as Aquaman. Ah well. I trust this show.

After John DiMaggio doing Aquaman in Brave & The Bold, they're just going through the Futurama cast.

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Postby prozacman » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:10 am

The Reverend wrote:It doesn't change the fact that a couple fanboys who will watch the show anyway is not who DC is marketing to, nor should they. Marketing to fanboys is a sure recipe for failure.
Wrong! Bruce Timm while making Justice League Unlimited flat out stated that he was writing the show for 30 year old fan boys. Cartoon network put the show on at 9pm. Not only do kids love the show, but they are still making and selling new JLU toys five years after the show has been canceled!
(pics of up coming JLU toys at bottom of page 1 and top of page 2)
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode= ... 2FDC_Panel

Though it's not as much the name as what they do with the characters. It is looking a lot more like post Graduation Day Teen Titans than Young Justice. Especially after watching the video with the producers. That was good until One Year Later.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:16 am

prozacman wrote:Wrong! Bruce Timm while making Justice League Unlimited flat out stated that he was writing the show for 30 year old fan boys. Cartoon network put the show on at 9pm. Not only do kids love the show, but they are still making and selling new JLU toys five years after the show has been canceled!
(pics of up coming JLU toys at bottom of page 1 and top of page 2)
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode= ... 2FDC_Panel

Though it's not as much the name as what they do with the characters. It is looking a lot more like post Graduation Day Teen Titans than Young Justice. Especially after watching the video with the producers. That was good until One Year Later.

JLU was hardly a commercial success as a cartoon despite how awesome it was. Yet again another reason why catering to fanboys does not give you mainstream appeal.

JLU was threatened with cancellation at every turn, and an inconsistent release schedule that made it difficult to catch with large gaps between certain episodes.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 28 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:25 am

Considering this is a "new" DCU, I don't see how they could use anyone besides Wally and Dick.

Besides, chances are they will look like Tim and Bart and act like Tim and Bart so just pretend that they're actually Tim and Bart going under assumed names due to witness protection.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 129 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:56 am

Also the last time tv saw Tim Drake it was in 2001 or 2002 with Static Shock. Just saying. :P

Futhermore, audiences can't be complete idiots. They know by now Dick isn't Robin anymore. They've had three animated show's back to back to back tell them he upgraded to Nightwing.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:01 am

King Impulse wrote:I'd argue that Bart is more well known than Wally due to Smallville.

Wally has been the Flash in all the animated stuff over the last 30 years, but I'd say you could make a good case for Bart thanks to Smallville being recent and having way more out of costume Bart (even in only a handful of episodes) than the animated shows have had of Wally.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:02 am

Punchy wrote:After John DiMaggio doing Aquaman in Brave & The Bold, they're just going through the Futurama cast.

:lol:

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:06 am

Zechs wrote:Also the last time tv saw Tim Drake it was in 2001 or 2002 with Static Shock. Just saying. :P

Futhermore, audiences can't be complete idiots. They know by now Dick isn't Robin anymore. They've had three animated show's back to back to back tell them he upgraded to Nightwing.

And on all of those shows he started as Robin the first times he was seen.

Then at some point he moved on to be Nightwing (although on The Batman, that's really stretching since it was only in a Dark Knight Returns possible future episode, not really on the regular show). As I said, maybe they are looking to do that here. Maybe Barry will die, and Wally will "graduate" as well. Then Tim and Bart can come right in to fill their spots.

The show hasn't aired, it's introducing a bunch of new characters, and it's keeping 2 older ones around for at least the first season or so. I really don't see any reason to get your panties in a bunch.

3MJ

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby 3MJ » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:18 am

Zechs wrote:Also the last time tv saw Tim Drake it was in 2001 or 2002 with Static Shock. Just saying. :P

The audiences aren't the same at all. They're aiming this at kids!

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:25 am

Jubilee wrote:The audiences aren't the same at all. They're aiming this at kids!

I really don't think the Young Justice fans are capable of seeing that there's only a couple hundred thousand people (at most) that will care that Tim and Bart aren't here, while there's going to be millions of potential viewers who know Dick and/or Wally. I think they are too close to the characters to see what's going on.

3MJ

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby 3MJ » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:26 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:I really don't think the Young Justice fans are capable of seeing that there's only a couple hundred thousand people (at most) that will care that Tim and Bart aren't here, while there's going to be millions of potential viewers who know Dick and/or Wally. I think they are too close to the characters to see what's going on.

Like every comic fan pretty much then.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:34 am

Jubilee wrote:Like every comic fan pretty much then.

Except you. You are above us peons. :roll:

:-D

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:34 am

The majority of people have no idea who Robin is underneath the mask, he's just Robin.

They probably think he's called Burt Ward.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum