Advertisement

SDCC: More Young Justice Details Come to the Surface

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:47 am

Punchy wrote:The majority of people have no idea who Robin is underneath the mask, he's just Robin.

They probably think he's called Burt Ward.

And most wouldn't care otherwise.

I don't care.

It's an Elseworlds show as it is aNd all I care about is whether it's good or not.

Advertisement

God Impulse2k1
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 0 post
Title: SWAG!

Postby God Impulse2k1 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Sigh...one day Bart Allen...one day you will get the recognition you deserve...

We were so close once...so close

Anyway here is a preview of the show
[youtube=425,344,ZiOjAmXDjW4][/youtube]

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 197 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:14 pm

Jubilee wrote:The audiences aren't the same at all. They're aiming this at kids!

Someone dies and teen hormones. Yeah for kids. :P

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Dalarsco
cheese

Postby Dalarsco » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:09 pm

I think we're going to see a situation like with Tim in the '90s Batman show. Wally will behave like Bart and Dick will behave like Tim.
Something that everyone should know: There is no objective good and very little objective bad in entertainment media. Of the objective bad, much of it is unintentionally hilarious which gives it entertainment value for some people. If you understood this then 99% of your petty arguments would never happen. Learn to realize that you have different tastes then the guy you are arguing with and move on. And before someone calls me a hypocrite, notice that I never go in calling something bad. I always go in to defend something.
mike oxbig (on someone other than me) wrote: Also, you have a terrible personality. Nothing personal man, it happens.

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 11 posts
Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Postby prozacman » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:38 pm

The Reverend wrote:JLU was hardly a commercial success as a cartoon despite how awesome it was. Yet again another reason why catering to fanboys does not give you mainstream appeal.

JLU was threatened with cancellation at every turn, and an inconsistent release schedule that made it difficult to catch with large gaps between certain episodes.
And that proves my point about it being a success. No matter how hard cartoon network tried to kill the show, it was so successful that it kept getting renewed. Kids and non comic reading adults liked the show along with the fanboys. Kids and fanboy collectors love the toy line. JLU pandered to the fanboys and was successful critically and financially. There is no spin you can use to change that fact.

Back on topic.

The reason a lot of us Young Justice fans are a little disappointed that this isn't turning out to be more like Peter David's Young Justice is that his Young Justice was an excellent kids book. It had good drammedy stories about young teen super heroes but didn't talk down to the reader. It got serious when it needed to, but it never got grim and gritty. There was some romantic tension but nothing was ever sexy or sexualized. Of all the comics that I gave to my younger cousins, Young Justice was their favorite. Basically, Peter David's Young Justice would be a perfect gate way drug to the world of comics for young viewers.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:51 pm

Spin? That catering to fanboys is a recipe for failure?

Despite the unbelievable love for JLU that still has fans clamoring for it, it lasted 3 seasons. Hardly a formula for success considering the startling quality of the show.

Creators shouldn't cater to fanboys. Because they bitch endlessly and will never be happy, and they'll watch shit just to bitch about it. I stand by my assertion.

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:54 pm

Zechs, despite his protestations, will be one of the first people on this board to watch this show. Bank on it.;)

Dalarsco
cheese

Postby Dalarsco » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:30 pm

prozacman wrote:And that proves my point about it being a success. No matter how hard cartoon network tried to kill the show, it was so successful that it kept getting renewed. Kids and non comic reading adults liked the show along with the fanboys. Kids and fanboy collectors love the toy line. JLU pandered to the fanboys and was successful critically and financially. There is no spin you can use to change that fact.

Back on topic.

The reason a lot of us Young Justice fans are a little disappointed that this isn't turning out to be more like Peter David's Young Justice is that his Young Justice was an excellent kids book. It had good drammedy stories about young teen super heroes but didn't talk down to the reader. It got serious when it needed to, but it never got grim and gritty. There was some romantic tension but nothing was ever sexy or sexualized. Of all the comics that I gave to my younger cousins, Young Justice was their favorite. Basically, Peter David's Young Justice would be a perfect gate way drug to the world of comics for young viewers.

And it was for the girl who got me into comics. But yes, at this point it's a bit silly to call the show Young Justice. Why aren't they going with Teen Titans? Ah, well. Look on the bright side. This means collections of YJ.
Something that everyone should know: There is no objective good and very little objective bad in entertainment media. Of the objective bad, much of it is unintentionally hilarious which gives it entertainment value for some people. If you understood this then 99% of your petty arguments would never happen. Learn to realize that you have different tastes then the guy you are arguing with and move on. And before someone calls me a hypocrite, notice that I never go in calling something bad. I always go in to defend something.
mike oxbig (on someone other than me) wrote: Also, you have a terrible personality. Nothing personal man, it happens.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:13 pm

The Reverend wrote:Zechs, despite his protestations, will be one of the first people on this board to watch this show. Bank on it.;)

Someone has to post a review on it. Ain't gonna be you.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:16 pm

Zechs wrote:Someone has to post a review on it. Ain't gonna be you.

Yeah, I'll probably like it. Can't have that.;)

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:29 pm

Good god you people are whiny nerds.. :lol: :P

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 11 posts
Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Postby prozacman » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:38 pm

The Reverend wrote:Spin? That catering to fanboys is a recipe for failure?

Despite the unbelievable love for JLU that still has fans clamoring for it, it lasted 3 seasons. Hardly a formula for success considering the startling quality of the show.

Creators shouldn't cater to fanboys. Because they bitch endlessly and will never be happy, and they'll watch shit just to bitch about it. I stand by my assertion.
The irony here is that in this thread you are bitching endlessly and will never be happy, and will keep reading this thread just to bitch about it. You've become what you hate :P

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 762 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:59 pm

- The show takes place in the DC multiverse (aka 52 worlds) namely Earth-16.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth-16#Earth-16

Home of the Super-Sons (Superman Jr. and Batman Jr.).

This Earth's Superman, an alternate version of Lor-Zod (Chris Kent) appears in Countdown: Arena #1, and has been described by Keith Champagne as a Superman in both an ideological and physical sense. In early interviews and promotional material, Chris Kent was erroneously described as being the Superman of Earth-15.Further information is slightly contradictory as the animated series Young Justice takes place on this Earth according to early information.

Countdown: Arena #2 (2007)

WTF? So does this mean we'll being seeing the Juniors as well or something else?
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Liked in: 37 posts

Postby Jack Burton » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:26 pm

You guys need to get over it and give this show a chance.

Zechs the guy behind Spectacular Spider-Man and Gargoyles is producing this show. Consider how different than the comics SSM went sometimes. Now remember how awesome it was?

Yeah this show is in good hands.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:46 pm

That and M'ggan are the only thing that will make me sit my ass down to watch this.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum