Advertisement

SDCC: More Young Justice Details Come to the Surface

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 13 posts
Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Postby prozacman » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:13 pm

Jack Burton wrote:You guys need to get over it and give this show a chance.

Zechs the guy behind Spectacular Spider-Man and Gargoyles is producing this show. Consider how different than the comics SSM went sometimes. Now remember how awesome it was?

Yeah this show is in good hands.
If you reread the thread you'll find that those of us that read Young Justice really aren't bashing the show in and of it self. There will be a lot more of us giving this show a chance than people did Batman Brave and the Bold. It's just that the early teaser marketing had a bait and switch effect on fans of the Young Justice comic. I don't think it was intentional on the show runner's part, but it's not exactly what you want when trying to build excitement for the new show. They hinted that we might get some thing that we've always wanted, left us hanging with no further information, and then gave us some thing else. Even though what we're getting is still good, we can't help but feel mislead. The marketing people should have stressed the fact early on that Young Justice would not be borrowing much from the PAD series and would be more like Teen Titans.

This was like being told we would have hamburgers for dinner and being served a burger made from ground ham instead of ground beef. The shock of a taste I was not expecting is unsettling and I probably wouldn't have ordered mine with lettuce, tomato, and ketchup. If you just told us up front that we were having a pork product instead of repurposing a name from another product just because it sounds similar to a product you used to sell we all would have been happy.

Advertisement

Tony Snark
Bron-Yur Stomper

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Tony Snark » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:01 pm

boring character with no personality will be under the mask instead of boring character with no personality

oh shiiiiiiiiiit

Miracloman
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Seduce and Destroy
Formerly: some guy from the 'Rama

Postby Miracloman » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:16 pm

Zechs wrote:
- The Robin and Kid Flash used for the cartoon will be the Dick Grayson and Wally Westversions.

[meme]ragecorps[/meme]

And with that all my hope for the show just went down the drain. How do you call the show Young Justice and not have TIM DRAKE AND BART ALLEN IN THIS AS WELL!? :roll:

I can't believe how much DC listen to me when I tell then on how to mess with you Zechs. :lol:

Strict31 wrote:Curse you!

You've escaped from the trap that has always captured coyle and bender!!!

There will be another day, Miracloman! Another day!!!!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:31 pm

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/07/sdcc-10-peter-david-writing-episodes-of-young-justice-cartoon/

PAD will write some episodes.

"I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to reconnect with the characters," he wrote this morning on his blog, "even if there are some differences between the guys I wrote and the new incarnation. I would love to tell you all about my first episode, but I’m afraid that it’s … oh, what’s the word … Secret.

Secret

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 13 posts
Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Postby prozacman » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:39 pm

Punchy wrote:http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/07/sdcc-10-peter-david-writing-episodes-of-young-justice-cartoon/

"I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to reconnect with the characters," he wrote this morning on his blog, "even if there are some differences between the guys I wrote and the new incarnation. I would love to tell you all about my first episode, but I’m afraid that it’s … oh, what’s the word … Secret.

Secret
I was just about to post that :-D

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Prodigal Son
Formerly: King Impulse

Postby KING King Impulse » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:43 pm

Punchy wrote:http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/07/sdcc-10-peter-david-writing-episodes-of-young-justice-cartoon/

Secret

:like
THE ENTHUSIAST: The Internet's Premier Hate Free Zone!

| Website | Twitter | Facebook |

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1005 posts

Postby HNutz » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Secret

Heh heh... now, it's gonna be funny if we're all reading the wrong thing into this...

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 713 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:24 pm

i don't think we are, why would they capitalize Secret if they didn't mean the character, especially since its an episode written by PAD, who created her.

Tattooed Jesus
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 698 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Tattooed Jesus » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:26 pm

I think this show looks amazing and can't wait for it to start!

Tattooed Jesus
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 698 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Tattooed Jesus » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if this has been reported yet or not:

SDCC '10 | Peter David writing episodes of Young Justice cartoon
Posted on July 25, 2010 - 10:06 AM by Kevin Melrose

Young Justice

Peter David has announced he's writing several episodes of Young Justice, the much-anticipated Cartoon Network series based on the DC Comics title he worked on for nearly five years.

Fans of the DC Comics series, published from 1998 to 2003, will undoubtedly recognize the not-so-subtle allusion to Secret (aka Greta Hayes), the incorporeal "mist girl" introduced in the 1998 "fifth-week" one-shot Young Justice: The Secret. She, Wonder Girl and Arrowette joined the original Young Justice line-up of Robin, Superboy and Impulse.

We know from the sneak peek that the animated series will focus on a six-person team of Robin, Superboy, Kid Flash, Miss Martian, Artemis and Aqualad. However, in the words of producer Greg Weisman, that is “really just the tip of the iceberg.” The cartoon will feature a 16-member Justice League that mentors the teens plus, judging from the character sheets, appearances by characters like Speedy/Red Arrow and Mary Marvel.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1029 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: cyclone, Chili con Blarney

Re: SDCC: More Young Justice Details Come to the Surface

Postby outsider » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:52 pm

LOLtron wrote:- The show takes place in the DC multiverse (aka 52 worlds) namely Earth-16.
I used to love how DC assigned numbers to Earths, but nowadays it just seems so trite and lame. Just tell a story and let the fans worry if it's set in continuity.

And limiting the multiverse to 52 worlds is silly. Either open the door all the way or close it.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Miracloman wrote:I can't believe how much DC listen to me when I tell then on how to mess with you Zechs. :lol:

Hiss!!

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Mr_Batman » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:22 pm

I know I'm late to the party, but I don't agree with Wally and Dick being Kid Flash and Robin. They were Nightwing and Flash before Conner was even Superboy, right?

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:25 pm

Mr_Batman wrote:I know I'm late to the party, but I don't agree with Wally and Dick being Kid Flash and Robin. They were Nightwing and Flash before Conner was even Superboy, right?

Yes you're indeed right on that.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 880 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:29 pm

Zechs wrote:Hiss!!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum