Advertisement

Review Group Week 233 - JUSTICE LEAGUE: GENERATION LOST #6

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:39 am

Review from my phone:

JL:GL continues to be the little book that could. In this issue, Captain Atom discovers the consequences of letting Max Lord go free when he takes an unexpected jaunt to the future.

The plot was solid. While I was worried that this was going to be a filler issue focusing on the good Captain, Winnick and Giffin solidly delivered a character piece that moved the plot and action forward and set up the stakes that the Nu-JLI were playing for.

The art, while not impressive, was serviceable. Dagnino's pencils were better than probably 60% of DC's current output.

Overall, good read.

Advertisement

Postby ****** » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:51 am

Zero wrote:Mignola and Vampires?? We'll have that then.

Eggcelent choice, sir.

[center]Image
Baltimore: Plague Ships #1
selected by Zero[/center]Writer: Mike Mignola, Christopher Golden
Artist: Ben Stenbeck

Months after a devastating plague ends World War I, Europe is suddenly flooded with deadly vampires. Lord Henry Baltimore, a soldier determined to wipe out the monsters, is on the hunt for the creature responsible for this chaos and his own personal tragedy. What he uncovers is a terror as horrific and frightening as any he's seen on the battlefield. $3.50

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:26 am

John Snow wrote:Eggcelent choice, sir.

[center]Image
Baltimore: Plague Ships #1
selected by Zero[/center]Writer: Mike Mignola, Christopher Golden
Artist: Ben Stenbeck

Months after a devastating plague ends World War I, Europe is suddenly flooded with deadly vampires. Lord Henry Baltimore, a soldier determined to wipe out the monsters, is on the hunt for the creature responsible for this chaos and his own personal tragedy. What he uncovers is a terror as horrific and frightening as any he's seen on the battlefield. $3.50

excellent.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:12 pm

There is so much lameness at The Outhouse today I almost wish we were bitching about something for 30 pages like a couple doucheheads claim we always do.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 32 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:18 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:There is so much lameness at The Outhouse today I almost wish we were bitching about something for 30 pages like a couple doucheheads claim we always do.

What happened?
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:21 pm

Jude Terror wrote:What happened?

Not much.

What about you?

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:25 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Not much.

What about you?

Just got done prepping cameras for repair, and upgraded four machines here to Ubuntu 9.10. My work sucks because all the employees go home early on Friday, but since I work better when there's not employees here bugging me, I end up staying later on friday.

And to top it off, Amy had to run out to the store from like 4 to 5:30, so I have a feeling that will have been when the UPS guy decided to try to deliver my comics, which means I will end up with no comics until Monday, which means I will be pissed off.

BUT Amy is making homemade pizzas tonight, and she also picked me up popcorn and cooking spray, which pleases me because I've been waiting to try out this new ActII Popcorn Salt I ordered off amazon that is supposed to be pro grade, but it doesn't stick to air popper popcorn unless you mist it with cooking spray first.

Postby ****** » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:28 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:There is so much lameness at The Outhouse today I almost wish we were bitching about something for 30 pages like a couple doucheheads claim we always do.

Mignola next week. I have nothing to bitch about, sorry.

Plus since I fourthman'd fourthman there's not as much Scott Pilgrim haterdom for me to mock. :D

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:30 pm

John Snow wrote:Mignola next week. I have nothing to bitch about, sorry.

Plus since I fourthman'd fourthman there's not as much Scott Pilgrim haterdom for me to mock. :D

This is like watching my parents fight, if my parents were two gay comic book hipster men.

Postby ****** » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:31 pm

I am kind of bummed though that Roy Oswalt and Lance Berkman have both been traded in the last 24 hours.

It's a sad day to be an Astros fan. :cry:

Postby ****** » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:32 pm

Jude Terror wrote:This is like watching my parents fight, if my parents were two gay comic book hipster men.

I'm only gay for Jonathan Hickman! :x

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:32 pm

John Snow wrote:I am kind of bummed though that Roy Oswalt and Lance Berkman have both been traded in the last 24 hours.

It's a sad day to be an Astros fan. :cry:

They should get Garry Carter to play for them.

/extentofmybaseballknowledge'd

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:32 pm

Jude Terror wrote:Just got done prepping cameras for repair, and upgraded four machines here to Ubuntu 9.10. My work sucks because all the employees go home early on Friday, but since I work better when there's not employees here bugging me, I end up staying later on friday.

And to top it off, Amy had to run out to the store from like 4 to 5:30, so I have a feeling that will have been when the UPS guy decided to try to deliver my comics, which means I will end up with no comics until Monday, which means I will be pissed off.

BUT Amy is making homemade pizzas tonight, and she also picked me up popcorn and cooking spray, which pleases me because I've been waiting to try out this new ActII Popcorn Salt I ordered off amazon that is supposed to be pro grade, but it doesn't stick to air popper popcorn unless you mist it with cooking spray first.

I see. Popcorn salt is crucial for popcorn. I don't use an air popper though, I think the best popcorn comes from one of those old-timey-looking handcrank ones you use on the stovetop. I can see why the fine salt wouldn't stick with no oil whatsoever.

Those pizzas sound good. I may have to have a visit from the Red Baron tonight, I hope he doesn't make goo-goo eyes at me like he does to ladies on TV.

Postby ****** » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:33 pm

Also, fourthjerk is and never will be a hipster and it's that bitterness that drives his irrational hatred for SP6.

Duh. :roll:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:34 pm

Jude Terror wrote:This is like watching my parents fight, if my parents were two gay comic book hipster men.

Can you imagine how cool your life would have been if they were? I mean, not fourthy and snow, but some other comic book guy gay couple.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand