Advertisement

Review Group Week 233 - JUSTICE LEAGUE: GENERATION LOST #6

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:48 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Hater.

/Jude Terror'd

:smt102

Advertisement

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 66 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:17 am

John Snow wrote::smt102

Well, normally, I'm accused of it, so it's fun to accuse someone else for once.

:-D

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:02 am

Eli Katz wrote:Well, normally, I'm accused of it, so it's fun to accuse someone else for once.

:-D

Is it still an accusation if the reviewer has already referred to himself as a hater in the review? :?

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:55 am

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:15 am

John Snow wrote:Is it still an accusation if the reviewer has already referred to himself as a hater in the review? :?

Yeah, that was a pretty crafty move on your part, declaring yourself a hater in the hope that no one would accuse you of being on later. Preemptive hatering.

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Mr_Batman » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Justice League: Generation Lost #6

As a newer fan to the JLI (I'm currently reading volume 3), I have to say that this series has not been a disappointment. Certainly one of the better DC books IMO. This issue's fill in story was a well done single issue. The twist was cool and changed the whole issue. I guess you have to have some interest in the characters to really care about the whole story. But now we know how powerful Max Lord can be (not that we didn't know before)

I don't have much to say about the art. It was average and serviceable. Not my favorite, but not horrible

Story- 8.5
Art- 7
Overall- 8

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 227 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:22 pm

This is how side stories should be done. In the end, it probably isn’t super relevant to the way this series will play out. Everyone was after Max anyhow and just the bomb was enough to make Captain Atom want to stop him. The glimpse into the future is the kind of world building that I think makes a great story. Not only that, it allows a whole new earth for the writers to play with. There is now a post apocalyptic world that isn’t full of Great Disaster stuff and a interesting priest type figure, along with “Karrie” and an awesome Elseworlds tale to tell at some point.

This series just keeps getting better. I think it is the perfect synthesis of old school and new school with a nod to all that came in between. The hunt for Max is, of course, a very current continuity heavy deal, but… here we have the JLI hunting him and everyone else writing them off like the eighties. We have Jamie Reyes on the team. We have a confident Booster. We have a story that is tied in heavily to Captain Atom’s origin and the powers of the character set as a whole. We have Winick working with Giffen. We have Giffen working with Dagnino (Giffen is credited with breakdowns here). We have the old and the new working together to create something immensely entertaining and rewarding for fans new and old. This is what the DC Universe is capable of at its best and god I wish more of their output were like this.

(As an aside, I am slightly confused about Nate’s talk about his time sliding… in Action last year, he was in Medieval times, so he knows he can go back, not just into the future – and he didn’t seem so worried about the rules of messing with stuff there…)

Story 4
Art 3
Overall 7
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:55 pm

The Fourthman Returns!

Great to see you back.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:06 pm

thanks, hopefully I will get Baltimore up in the next couple of days and finish up that feature review I been laboring over.

I got a stack of books I missed on a table too.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:10 pm

Oh and I read the thread too... hahaha....
I am glad that mostly this books was liked.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:13 pm

Hey Eli, did you see my thingy in the writer's forum... as soon as I have a usable version, I will be doing that too.

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:21 pm

thefourthman wrote:Hey Eli, did you see my thingy in the writer's forum... as soon as I have a usable version, I will be doing that too.

What writers' forum?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Eli Katz wrote:What writers' forum?

you don't have access? I must fix that pronto... oh Jude, Could you for the love of god, publish this fine man's last review so I can read it and oh yeah, give him the keys to the kingdom...

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:33 pm

thefourthman wrote:you don't have access? I must fix that pronto... oh Jude, Could you for the love of god, publish this fine man's last review so I can read it and oh yeah, give him the keys to the kingdom...

Thanks.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:35 pm

I'm going to post my review tomorrow. School has been kicking my ass.

In anycase I can't decide between Invincible Iron Man #29, Steve Rogers: Super-Soldier #2 or Thor the Mighty Avenger #3.

I'm leaning towards Thor because Roger Landridge is doing such a great job that I believe it's better than the main title. What do you guys think?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand