Advertisement

Exile: A New World

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

yuenanimous
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Liked in: 0 post

Exile: A New World

Postby yuenanimous » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:59 am

Hey guys, I'm interning at a small game developer in Columbus, Ohio. A large part of my internship is marketing this digital graphic novel called Exile: A New World. The basic story of Exile is that in the 1940's portal technology is discovered (Think Stargate portals, not Portal portals, if that makes sense). Anyway, as these portals become more mainstream, the U.S. government eventually decides to send prisoners through (to deal with the over crowded prisons). The world on the other side of the portal is now populated solely by convicts. Gangs reign supreme while everyone else just tries to survive. This is where our story takes place.

Right now, you can check out Exile at http://www.ournewgame.com. Because we spent a lot of time and resources on Exile, unfortunately we have to charge money for it. On the bright side, we are running a pay what you want sale right now, so you can get both issues 1 & 2 for as little as a penny (although we'd appreciate more :D).

I hope this isn't uncouth to post something like this here, but I'm desperate for some positive feedback. If I sell enough copies of this comic, there is a good chance my company will hire me on full time (needless to say, a pretty big deal for a college student like myself). Thanks!

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 522 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Exile: A New World

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:10 am

yuenanimous wrote:Hey guys, I'm interning at a small game developer in Columbus, Ohio. A large part of my internship is marketing this digital graphic novel called Exile: A New World. The basic story of Exile is that in the 1940's portal technology is discovered (Think Stargate portals, not Portal portals, if that makes sense). Anyway, as these portals become more mainstream, the U.S. government eventually decides to send prisoners through (to deal with the over crowded prisons). The world on the other side of the portal is now populated solely by convicts. Gangs reign supreme while everyone else just tries to survive. This is where our story takes place.

Right now, you can check out Exile at http://www.ournewgame.com. Because we spent a lot of time and resources on Exile, unfortunately we have to charge money for it. On the bright side, we are running a pay what you want sale right now, so you can get both issues 1 & 2 for as little as a penny (although we'd appreciate more :D).

I hope this isn't uncouth to post something like this here, but I'm desperate for some positive feedback. If I sell enough copies of this comic, there is a good chance my company will hire me on full time (needless to say, a pretty big deal for a college student like myself). Thanks!

Viral marketing on a forum is a good idea, but one tip I can offer you is that if you hang around the forum and post in some other threads, people will be more likely to check out your stuff and offer feedback. If people view it as a hit and run link posting, they're likely to become hostile. I think you'll find that on any forum. You've already made a positive choice in being honest, as people can sniff out the "Hey guys check out this cool site I just found," tactic that we see quite a bit very easily. :P

In any case, welcome to the Outhouse, I hope you stick around. And hit me up if you want to get a review copy to one of our reviewers.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

yuenanimous
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby yuenanimous » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:15 am

Thanks for the info man. I know I must seem like a real douche coming in here and trying to sell you guys my stuff. I really appreciate that you responded in a respectful manned. I can't tell you the number of "GTFO" reply I've gotten from other places. I'll definitely send you an email with both issues 1 & 2 for review. Also, you can count on me sticking around and contributing, especially if other members are as levelheaded and understanding as you are.

Hermit_Sage

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: OH Elections Commissioner
Formerly: The Middle Sage, Phenomenal Sire

Postby Hermit_Sage » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:22 am

yuenanimous wrote:especially if other members are as levelheaded and understanding as you are.

:shock: levelheaded and understanding...............right. well welcome to the Outhouse

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 30 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:25 am

Sire wrote::shock: levelheaded and understanding...............right. well welcome to the Outhouse

That will get knocked out of him in no time.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:27 am

Are we in Bizarro world where Jude is considered levelheaded and understanding? :shock:

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 522 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:31 am

yuenanimous wrote:Thanks for the info man. I know I must seem like a real douche coming in here and trying to sell you guys my stuff. I really appreciate that you responded in a respectful manned. I can't tell you the number of "GTFO" reply I've gotten from other places. I'll definitely send you an email with both issues 1 & 2 for review. Also, you can count on me sticking around and contributing, especially if other members are as levelheaded and understanding as you are.

Oh, well, nice knowing you then. :P :lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Hermit_Sage

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: OH Elections Commissioner
Formerly: The Middle Sage, Phenomenal Sire

Postby Hermit_Sage » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:35 am

Jude Terror wrote:Oh, well, nice knowing you then. :P :lol:

Its sad when even Jude knows the irony of the statement

yuenanimous
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby yuenanimous » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:38 am

After poking around the forums a bit, this place is looking nicer and nicer. The K.D. Lang post in The Asylum is something that has often been debated with my friends after a few beers while watching VH1 classic...

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 30 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:50 am

yuenanimous wrote:After poking around the forums a bit, this place is looking nicer and nicer. The K.D. Lang post in The Asylum is something that has often been debated with my friends after a few beers while watching VH1 classic...

ah he is warming up.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 27 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am

As a Columbus man myself, I'll volunteer to review this article.

Unless someone else wants it.

yuenanimous
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby yuenanimous » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:55 am

I sent the links to Jude. I really don't know how the review process works around here, so I'll leave it to him to distribute the links.

yuenanimous
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby yuenanimous » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:06 am

In case you guys are still interested, I've uploaded a video of the first few pages of Exile issue 1. Now you can get an idea of how it works before deciding whether or not to drop some cash on it. The video can been seen at http://www.youtube.com/user/ournewgame

Kolimar
WTF is this rank?

Title: Bear-hugger
Formerly: Kolimar

Postby Kolimar » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:37 am

Welcome to the asylum. May your stay be long and fruitful. :D
"Hey, maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe one o' those terrorists'll blow Bats away.
Nah, never happen.
Ah, well.. I can dream, can't I...?"- Guy Gardner.

"It is often forgotten that (dictionaries) are artificial repositories, put together well after the languages they define. The roots of language are irrational and of a magical nature." - Jorge Luis Borges, Prologue to "El otro, el mismo."

"Corruptus In Extremis"

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

"Omne animal triste est post coitum"

Kolimar
WTF is this rank?

Title: Bear-hugger
Formerly: Kolimar

Postby Kolimar » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:37 am

Sire wrote::shock: levelheaded and understanding...............right. well welcome to the Outhouse

Heheheh :-D
"Hey, maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe one o' those terrorists'll blow Bats away.
Nah, never happen.
Ah, well.. I can dream, can't I...?"- Guy Gardner.

"It is often forgotten that (dictionaries) are artificial repositories, put together well after the languages they define. The roots of language are irrational and of a magical nature." - Jorge Luis Borges, Prologue to "El otro, el mismo."

"Corruptus In Extremis"

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

"Omne animal triste est post coitum"

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Creator's Corner