Friday, June 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "But first you're gonna blow me!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 235 - THOR: THE MIGHTY AVENGER #3

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:09 am

young neil wrote:I don't get all the hate for this, I'll admit I haven't been able to fine #3 yet, but I did get a copy of the first issue, and I've gotta say it's one of the funnest books I've read in a while. Hobo Thor for the win. I'll try and post a review if I can fine #3

So far I think I'm the only one to give it a positive score, but let me clarify, I only gave it that score becuase it showcased Hank Pym. As stated the Thor stuff was borrrrrring.

Postby ****** » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:56 am

Sitting in a theater waiting for Scott Pilgrim to start, just thought you guys would like to know.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:08 am

John Snow wrote:Sitting in a theater waiting for Scott Pilgrim to start, just thought you guys would like to know.

10:00 AM? The 1st showing of Scott out here is at 1:15 PM EST.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:14 am

Amoebas wrote:So far I think I'm the only one to give it a positive score, but let me clarify, I only gave it that score becuase it showcased Hank Pym. As stated the Thor stuff was borrrrrring.

You're not.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:21 am

BlueStreak wrote:You're not.

I thought you were joking with your review. Guess I read it wrong.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:02 am

Amoebas wrote:I thought you were joking with your review. Guess I read it wrong.

I enjoyed the issue. It wasn't a ten, but it's not as low as what people seem to be scoring. So I overcompensated in my review.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:45 am

Sorry guys. Work has been ridiculously busy hence my not even posting in last weeks thread or barely in the outhouse. Is this book worth the effort this week or not? If it's not I can just keep working and get back next week after opening.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:55 am

guitarsmashley wrote:Sorry guys. Work has been ridiculously busy hence my not even posting in last weeks thread or barely in the outhouse. Is this book worth the effort this week or not? If it's not I can just keep working and get back next week after opening.

Silly Recap of Reviews for you...

Boring
Redundant
Hank Pym - YES!
Not interesting
Best comic EVER
Repetitive
Dull
Humdrum
Unnecessary
Boring II

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:28 pm

I think if I'd interviewed someone and talked with them it'd be pretty tough to be negative toward their new work, and everyone seems to love the first issue. Maybe this wasn't Roger Langridge's strongest offering. The nostalgia for the olde Marvel stuff was clear.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:43 pm

young neil wrote:I don't get all the hate for this, I'll admit I haven't been able to fine #3 yet, but I did get a copy of the first issue, and I've gotta say it's one of the funnest books I've read in a while. Hobo Thor for the win. I'll try and post a review if I can fine #3

I haven't read #3 yet, number 2 was disappointing. However, you are correct - Hobo Thor is the fucking coolest shit ever.

Postby ****** » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:57 pm

Amoebas wrote:10:00 AM? The 1st showing of Scott out here is at 1:15 PM EST.

The AMC's here have $4 tickets for showings before noon.

Postby ****** » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:59 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Sorry guys. Work has been ridiculously busy hence my not even posting in last weeks thread or barely in the outhouse. Is this book worth the effort this week or not? If it's not I can just keep working and get back next week after opening.

busy at work = Madden 2011

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:02 pm

thefourthman wrote:I haven't read #3 yet, number 2 was disappointing. However, you are correct - Hobo Thor is the fucking coolest shit ever.

I prefer hobo Green Arrow myself. From Kevin Smith's first issue pencilled by Phil Hester. I can't seem to find the image though.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I think if I'd interviewed someone and talked with them it'd be pretty tough to be negative toward their new work, and everyone seems to love the first issue. Maybe this wasn't Roger Langridge's strongest offering. The nostalgia for the olde Marvel stuff was clear.

I will state that this issue is not as good as #1. But the hate in this is a little too strong in my eyes.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:19 pm

John Snow wrote:busy at work = Madden 2011

I wish. I have played twice. Worked today and tomorrow and then the freshmen move in monday. I even worked through the better half of a staff party on friday.

leave a comment with facebook