Advertisement

Review Group Week 235 - THOR: THE MIGHTY AVENGER #3

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 327 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:09 am

young neil wrote:I don't get all the hate for this, I'll admit I haven't been able to fine #3 yet, but I did get a copy of the first issue, and I've gotta say it's one of the funnest books I've read in a while. Hobo Thor for the win. I'll try and post a review if I can fine #3

So far I think I'm the only one to give it a positive score, but let me clarify, I only gave it that score becuase it showcased Hank Pym. As stated the Thor stuff was borrrrrring.

Advertisement

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:56 am

Sitting in a theater waiting for Scott Pilgrim to start, just thought you guys would like to know.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:08 am

John Snow wrote:Sitting in a theater waiting for Scott Pilgrim to start, just thought you guys would like to know.

10:00 AM? The 1st showing of Scott out here is at 1:15 PM EST.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 29 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:14 am

Amoebas wrote:So far I think I'm the only one to give it a positive score, but let me clarify, I only gave it that score becuase it showcased Hank Pym. As stated the Thor stuff was borrrrrring.

You're not.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:21 am

BlueStreak wrote:You're not.

I thought you were joking with your review. Guess I read it wrong.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:02 am

Amoebas wrote:I thought you were joking with your review. Guess I read it wrong.

I enjoyed the issue. It wasn't a ten, but it's not as low as what people seem to be scoring. So I overcompensated in my review.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 316 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:45 am

Sorry guys. Work has been ridiculously busy hence my not even posting in last weeks thread or barely in the outhouse. Is this book worth the effort this week or not? If it's not I can just keep working and get back next week after opening.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:55 am

guitarsmashley wrote:Sorry guys. Work has been ridiculously busy hence my not even posting in last weeks thread or barely in the outhouse. Is this book worth the effort this week or not? If it's not I can just keep working and get back next week after opening.

Silly Recap of Reviews for you...

Boring
Redundant
Hank Pym - YES!
Not interesting
Best comic EVER
Repetitive
Dull
Humdrum
Unnecessary
Boring II

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:28 pm

I think if I'd interviewed someone and talked with them it'd be pretty tough to be negative toward their new work, and everyone seems to love the first issue. Maybe this wasn't Roger Langridge's strongest offering. The nostalgia for the olde Marvel stuff was clear.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 39 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:43 pm

young neil wrote:I don't get all the hate for this, I'll admit I haven't been able to fine #3 yet, but I did get a copy of the first issue, and I've gotta say it's one of the funnest books I've read in a while. Hobo Thor for the win. I'll try and post a review if I can fine #3

I haven't read #3 yet, number 2 was disappointing. However, you are correct - Hobo Thor is the fucking coolest shit ever.

Postby ****** » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:57 pm

Amoebas wrote:10:00 AM? The 1st showing of Scott out here is at 1:15 PM EST.

The AMC's here have $4 tickets for showings before noon.

Postby ****** » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:59 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Sorry guys. Work has been ridiculously busy hence my not even posting in last weeks thread or barely in the outhouse. Is this book worth the effort this week or not? If it's not I can just keep working and get back next week after opening.

busy at work = Madden 2011

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 115 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:02 pm

thefourthman wrote:I haven't read #3 yet, number 2 was disappointing. However, you are correct - Hobo Thor is the fucking coolest shit ever.

I prefer hobo Green Arrow myself. From Kevin Smith's first issue pencilled by Phil Hester. I can't seem to find the image though.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I think if I'd interviewed someone and talked with them it'd be pretty tough to be negative toward their new work, and everyone seems to love the first issue. Maybe this wasn't Roger Langridge's strongest offering. The nostalgia for the olde Marvel stuff was clear.

I will state that this issue is not as good as #1. But the hate in this is a little too strong in my eyes.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 316 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:19 pm

John Snow wrote:busy at work = Madden 2011

I wish. I have played twice. Worked today and tomorrow and then the freshmen move in monday. I even worked through the better half of a staff party on friday.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand