Advertisement

Shannon's random drawings

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:48 pm

shannonh wrote:Greg,

This is why I forget about this web site. No one is commenting. I got more love from Liefield's web site. Even Rob would comment from time to time...that is....before I got banned! lol

:lol:

Try being someone who writes than draws. It's like I have to bug people to check out. :lol:
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

Advertisement

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 0 post

Postby shannonh » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:23 am

Greg wrote::lol:

Try being someone who writes than draws. It's like I have to bug people to check out. :lol:

Dude, I hear ya! I've done crap for indy companies and seen the plight of writers first hand. I've seen writers go above and beyond the call to get their work out there. The crappiest part about it is you cant be yourself. The big wigs want you to "fix" spots that, in their opinion, will make the story "sellable." And if chopping your work up wasnt bad enough, the artist comes to you and tells you that certain scenes are not "drawable" and make you change even more. When it's all said and done, it's far from the original concept. All of that would be ok if you were getting PAID for it. But they tell you this is VALUABLE experience and you should be appreciative of the fact they put your name in the book on a project you are no longer proud of. And in some cases, embarrassed of. But, if you can make it through all of it without choking someone or giving up, then it's in you to be a writer....or an artist. :wink:
Patience of the Saints, bro. :)

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Greg » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:30 am

shannonh wrote:Dude, I hear ya! I've done crap for indy companies and seen the plight of writers first hand. I've seen writers go above and beyond the call to get their work out there. The crappiest part about it is you cant be yourself. The big wigs want you to "fix" spots that, in their opinion, will make the story "sellable." And if chopping your work up wasnt bad enough, the artist comes to you and tells you that certain scenes are not "drawable" and make you change even more. When it's all said and done, it's far from the original concept. All of that would be ok if you were getting PAID for it. But they tell you this is VALUABLE experience and you should be appreciative of the fact they put your name in the book on a project you are no longer proud of. And in some cases, embarrassed of. But, if you can make it through all of it without choking someone or giving up, then it's in you to be a writer....or an artist. :wink:
Patience of the Saints, bro. :)

Ugh, I've actually thought about all that too, especially if I'm to break in. I'm prepared for it, sadly. It's also sort of why my main story I want to present will be when I feel I'm successful enough to do it without interference. Besides that, I gotta do what I gotta do to get out there. :(
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:32 am

Greg wrote:Ugh, I've actually thought about all that too, especially if I'm to break in. I'm prepared for it, sadly. It's also sort of why my main story I want to present will be when I feel I'm successful enough to do it without interference. Besides that, I gotta do what I gotta do to get out there. :(

You should get up something to send to image. They are the ONLY creator friendly publisher out there. Everyone else wants you to sign away all of your rights to movies and such. I also heard Larson say they will hold your hand through the process so that you wont get ripped off. It's something to think about. I'm sure it wont be hard to find an artist to help you with it and if you letter it yourself, you got it made.

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:56 pm

I am paranoid about showing original stuff but I'm trying to get over it. Here is one of several monster designs for a story I want to pitch to publishers at New York this year. It's a great story and I'm very excited about it. No super heroes but lots of heroes without powers. Its very gritty and gruesome with stories that are action packed and suspense filled. I hope that the potential is seen in this epic and it becomes a monthly piece in your local comic shop. I dont want to release it as a web comic unless it is turned down by publishers because I dont want to reveal too much of the overall story. Anywayzz......Mustek sux and had to take a picture.

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:02 am

I know this is a little late, but I've been meaning to get these comic strips drawn up for a month or so. A friend of mine said BP should be a four letter word and I came up with quite a few strips for the subject. It's sloppy but I wanted to put them out there before it really does become old news.

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:43 pm

Another warm up that went too far.

Hermit_Sage

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 15 posts
Title: OH Elections Commissioner
Formerly: The Middle Sage, Phenomenal Sire

Postby Hermit_Sage » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:45 pm

Wow amazing I should dump super and have u draw my comic

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:19 pm

Sire wrote:Wow amazing I should dump super and have u draw my comic

That's only if you wanted it to be awesome.

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:45 pm

This is a Spiderman pin up for my youngest son's birthday party Saturday. I'm killing two birds with one stone on this one, though. My youngest boy loves Spidey and I'm trying to freshen up my portfolio for New York this year. So it's a win-win.

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Greg » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:46 pm

You're gonna be at the NYCC this year?! Dammit, I need to make it out this year, though chances point to me not making it this year. :( Would be kool to meet up.

And that Spidey piece is fantastic.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:58 pm

Greg wrote:You're gonna be at the NYCC this year?! Dammit, I need to make it out this year, though chances point to me not making it this year. :( Would be kool to meet up.

And that Spidey piece is fantastic.

Thanks, man.

I'm shooting for NYCC this year. Money is the issue. It would be cool to meet up. Maybe even share the cost of a room. I hope that 2 other people are going with me. But a 4th person would make the room even cheeper. Of course, Im not sure how comfortable you would be with that. If you know your way around New York, that would be awesome.

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Greg » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:00 pm

shannonh wrote:Thanks, man.

I'm shooting for NYCC this year. Money is the issue. It would be cool to meet up. Maybe even share the cost of a room. I hope that 2 other people are going with me. But a 4th person would make the room even cheeper. Of course, Im not sure how comfortable you would be with that. If you know your way around New York, that would be awesome.

I know my way round New York due to living there. :-D So all I have to do is wake up in the morning and head my ass over there and go home when I'm done. 8)

My issue this year is having money after shooting my film to get a ticket and splurge like I always do. And I really wanna meet up with some creators and chill.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:07 pm

Greg wrote:I know my way round New York due to living there. :-D So all I have to do is wake up in the morning and head my ass over there and go home when I'm done. 8)

My issue this year is having money after shooting my film to get a ticket and splurge like I always do. And I really wanna meet up with some creators and chill.

All you have to do is invite us to stay in the guest house and we're all set. :-D

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Greg » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:09 pm

shannonh wrote:All you have to do is invite us to stay in the guest house and we're all set. :-D

:lol:

If it were my place, I'd definitely help out. But it's my mom's and she doesn't even let my best friends since child hood sleep over. :lol:
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Creator's Corner