Sunday, September 25, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The place to talk some shit."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Strictly Images

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

prozacman

Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:10 pm

Good work! Like the coloring on the characters. Keep them coming!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:44 pm

Strict31 wrote:Image

Cool, I always wondered who that silver fellow was you had as an avatar was. Thanks for pointing to this thread, never really ventured into Bludnet...

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:53 am

Inspired by William-Adolphe Bouguereau's La Nuit, of the primordial goddess of the night, Nyx.

This version of Nyx is part of the pantheon of modern day gods and heroes, often known as "superheroes." She gains her powers over darkness and night from the living veil she wears.

Where Bouguereau's Nyx seems to be fleeing from the day, this Nyx boldly confronts it, while casting her own shadow across the Earth.

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:11 am

wow, these are awesome strict; you should be working in the biz

Muppetesque

Cunning Linguist

Postby Muppetesque » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:15 am

Pinups of space bitches with knives please!

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:28 am

xaraan wrote:wow, these are awesome strict; you should be working in the biz

Thanks man. That's high praise coming from a guy with your skills and eye.

Rikk Odinson

Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:34 am

This thread doth please The Odinson. 8)

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:35 am

I do second the awesomeness of this thread, Strict.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:54 pm

Strict31 wrote:I draw them with pencil and paper and then scan them in to photoshop.

Before i was able to...acquire...photoshop, I worked completely on the page, coloring, inking and shit by hand. Learning digital inking and digital coloring I thought, would have been easier. But it's really not. It's just cheaper in terms of materials...

You're thousands of years ahead of me. I can only do the most basic things with my computer. At least I know how to pencil and ink. Well, sort of.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:57 pm

nerdygirl wrote:Pinups of space bitches with knives please!

Well...I don't have any space bitches in the pike just yet. There's one that I keep re-designing, but she's not working out.

I do have a cyborg-bitch, however. And she's got blades that pop out of her arms. She's basically a take on those 90s Image and Wildstorm and Top Cow attack-hotties. Like that bitch from Cyber-Force.

Working on her inks right now.

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:59 pm

Nice!

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:01 pm

Arion wrote:You're thousands of years ahead of me. I can only do the most basic things with my computer. At least I know how to pencil and ink. Well, sort of.

I learned a lot from on-line tutorials and such. Digital inking isn't too difficult, just time consuming. There are shortcuts and "cheats" to speed up the process while still retaining line control and so-forth.

Digital coloring is a monster for me. Especially doing cuts. It's not difficult to do, it's just difficult to do well. If you got questions, just PM me. If I know the answer, I'll help out.

Oni2030

expert hobo killer

Postby Oni2030 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:33 pm

I agree with Strict31 digital inking sometimes can take longer than traditional inking and if you are not careful it can look too perfect and clean. Mistakes give art character.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:49 pm

Oni2030 wrote:I agree with Strict31 digital inking sometimes can take longer than traditional inking and if you are not careful it can look too perfect and clean. Mistakes give art character.

When I was working solely on paper, I hated all the flaws and mistakes. Now, I'm all, "this shit looks too perfect!"

Like, too smooth or too rendered looking. So, I've been trying to work with textures and shit like that. But that's problematic unless you know what you're doing, and I don't. I'll figure it out eventually. Trial and error, like everything else. Or tutorials and so forth.

Jahzeel

Faster Pussycat

Postby Jahzeel » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi guys,

those images are really great, would you mind if i ask what software did you used to create that images specially on one photo that has a face of a person. what software photo editing did you used there? I got curios and i want also to create my own images and edited photos.
:band :band :band :band

leave a comment with facebook