Advertisement

Superman: New Krypton

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Superman: New Krypton

Postby superfictious » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:45 pm

Anyone else excited about this? I know there's going to be the inevitable "But Superman should be the last Kryptonian" pontificating, but you have to admit this is intriguing.

Advertisement

McKegan
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 0 post

Postby McKegan » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:54 pm

Great. I guess I'll be dropping Action Comics once the Brainaic arc concludes. I've no interest in picking up those other books. Might come back once it's all collected.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:22 pm

McKegan wrote:Great. I guess I'll be dropping Action Comics once the Brainaic arc concludes. I've no interest in picking up those other books. Might come back once it's all collected.

strangely enough...i agree.

between Supergirl becoming connected, the forthcoming pointless death of Jonathon Kent, a disinterest in this premise, general disgust at the Donner-isms added to the character, and a need to save a few bucks for diapers, not even Johns/Frank and Robinson can keep me on these books. at Brainiac's conclusion, i'm dropping the S-books for the first time in about 5 years or so.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

McKegan
Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:48 pm

chap22 wrote:strangely enough...i agree.

between Supergirl becoming connected, the forthcoming pointless death of Jonathon Kent, a disinterest in this premise, general disgust at the Donner-isms added to the character, and a need to save a few bucks for diapers, not even Johns/Frank and Robinson can keep me on these books. at Brainiac's conclusion, i'm dropping the S-books for the first time in about 5 years or so.

Yeah, it's such a shame because the Johns/Frank pairing is abot the only time I've really enjoyed a monthly Superman book. It's just too much of a hassle/expense to start picking up an additional two books for a crossover, adn then to have to try and figure out when I have to pick up those books again because they're connected, or I can give them a miss because they're not, and blah-blah-blah. Whatever, if it seems worth it, i'll come back to the storyline once it's collected. I don't need additional floppies taking up space for a panel or two that connects to the book I'm actually interested in.

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Title: The Prodigal Son
Formerly: King Impulse

Postby KING King Impulse » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:53 pm

I'm looking forward to it actually, I think the idea of so many Kryptonians showing up could make for a fantastic story. I'm enjoying Johns and Robinson's runs and I think it's worth picking up 2-3 issues of Supergirl for it.

I think there might be a good story for Kara in this, what with her being more of a Kryton survivor, and her best friend most likely coming back, the only thing I don't like is that it spoils the end of Braniac
THE ENTHUSIAST: The Internet's Premier Hate Free Zone!

| Website | Twitter | Facebook |

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:10 pm

I'm kinda surprised. Usually this is the type of Johns-helmed concept everyone else except me loves. :P This does seem to be an isolated deal as far as interweaving titles go.

Plus I guess I don't have a dislike for the current Supergirl like a lot of fans.

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 342 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:38 pm

I am happier than a pig in shit about this!! Cannot WAIT!!! I love when the Super books are crossing over with one another and I am glad they are including the new Supergirl as I really enjoy this take on the character! Besides we all know that Geoff Johns can do no wrong!!

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:09 pm

I'll be getting the first couple of issues from and if it's unreadable like the 90s triangle stuff was I'll be dropping both Superman titles.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:54 pm

I'm psyched. I'm all over this. Superman hasn't been this good in about a decade.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 170 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:16 pm

You know Cyborg Superman should be the big villain of this crossover then it can truly be linked like they used to in the 90s. :P

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Daniel
Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:09 pm

Frost wrote:You know Cyborg Superman should be the big villain of this crossover then it can truly be linked like they used to in the 90s. :P

I think it should be dick.
starlord wrote::shock: That's the first time paper has ever given me an erection!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 76 posts

Postby misac » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:04 pm

It sounds cool and new. I eagerly await the trade.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand