Advertisement

Review Group Week 236: Tiny Titans vs. New Avengers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26390
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Re: Call for Reviews: Tiny Titans vs. New Avengers

Postby thefourthman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:37 pm

John Snow wrote:
I liked Vector. It was completely unnecessary, but I liked it.

made selling the trades fucking weird. I think people actually stopped reading them in trades as a result.

Advertisement

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post


Re: Call for Reviews: Tiny Titans vs. New Avengers

Postby ****** » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:37 pm

thefourthman wrote:I do. :cry:


But you've sold dozens upon dozens or at least one copy this week! :D

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26390
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Re: Call for Reviews: Tiny Titans vs. New Avengers

Postby thefourthman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:38 pm

John Snow wrote:
But you've sold dozens upon dozens or at least one copy this week! :D

I sold all my sets months ago and didn't think about the trade till after. I sold out the new one though!!! :-D

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post


Re: Call for Reviews: Tiny Titans vs. New Avengers

Postby ****** » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:38 pm

thefourthman wrote:made selling the trades fucking weird. I think people actually stopped reading them in trades as a result.


Yeah, skipping a volume of all their ongoing Star Wars books was not a smart business decision.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34182
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: Call for Reviews: Tiny Titans vs. New Avengers

Postby Punchy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:40 pm

John Snow wrote:
Fucking crossovers.

How's that going to work in the trades when normal people read it? :x


Probably a separate trade, not numbered, I don't know.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Call for Reviews: Tiny Titans vs. New Avengers

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:02 pm

John Snow wrote:
Hell, I don’t even get what the joke on the credits page means. Who da fug is that?


I still don't get that joke. :?
Image

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post


Re:

Postby ****** » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:27 am

BlueStreak wrote:BlueStreak's Photo Review

Instead of presenting a formal review, I've decided to share a note that I'm sending Mr. Bendis after reading this issue.

Image
Here's the text in case you can't read the photo.



And here's the book I'm sending him.

Image

It'll be going in the mail first thing Monday morning.

Review Score: 0/10


Working on the front page thing and just felt the need to reiterate that this was hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol:

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26390
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Re: Review Group Week 236: Tiny Titans vs. New Avengers

Postby thefourthman » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:25 am

you know when you post them all at once and it causes someone to comment on them all someone is gonna complain and say that we should have our own subforum. I may actually agree with them though.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post


Re: Review Group Week 236: Tiny Titans vs. New Avengers

Postby ****** » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:38 am

thefourthman wrote:you know when you post them all at once and it causes someone to comment on them all someone is gonna complain and say that we should have our own subforum. I may actually agree with them though.


The Review Group, unlike PreviewTron, will have the good sense to post them all in a summary. :roll:

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post


Re: Review Group Week 236: Tiny Titans vs. New Avengers

Postby ****** » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:39 am

Besides, the Review Group doesn't need a subforum, it needs a splinter forum. :twisted: :P

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26390
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Re: Review Group Week 236: Tiny Titans vs. New Avengers

Postby thefourthman » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:48 am

John Snow wrote:
The Review Group, unlike PreviewTron, will have the good sense to post them all in a summary. :roll:

It won't matter though, unless you are doing a new thread for the forum, it will result in threads being bumped and the three crazy people bitching about it.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26390
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Re: Review Group Week 236: Tiny Titans vs. New Avengers

Postby thefourthman » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:48 am

reviewgroup.com appears to be open. :-D

bkthomson
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 23262
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse


Re: Review Group Week 236: Tiny Titans vs. New Avengers

Postby bkthomson » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:49 am

Tiny Titans! My three year old loves it.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Chubbles
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 12097
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:11 am


Re: Review Group Week 236: Tiny Titans vs. New Avengers

Postby Chubbles » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:40 pm

New Avengers 3 Review

Not a bad issue, but nothing great either. Immonen's art is solid and Bendis does his usual back and forth chatter. I'm starting to think seriously about dropping the Avengers books by Bendis simply bc they read so much better in one sitting. Not enough happens in each issue to really keep my interest. I still wanna read the avengers but Bendis' style is not keeping me as enthralled as it should be. Wolverine still doesn't fit in as an Avenger to me and I really wish they'd take him off the squad. He should be killing things, not being goody-goody on the avengers. I'm also getting kind of tired of having jessica jones and cage's baby be so involved in these stories. They need to do something drastic like write the baby off into another dimension or something bc I don't think that dynamic is at all interesting. They care more about the baby than being heroes and if they can't focus on the threat at hand 100% then they shouldn't be avengers.

Story 5.5
Art 6
Overall 5.75

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Review Group Week 236: Tiny Titans vs. New Avengers

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Chubbles wrote:New Avengers 3 Review

Not a bad issue, but nothing great either. Immonen's art is solid and Bendis does his usual back and forth chatter. I'm starting to think seriously about dropping the Avengers books by Bendis simply bc they read so much better in one sitting. Not enough happens in each issue to really keep my interest. I still wanna read the avengers but Bendis' style is not keeping me as enthralled as it should be. Wolverine still doesn't fit in as an Avenger to me and I really wish they'd take him off the squad. He should be killing things, not being goody-goody on the avengers. I'm also getting kind of tired of having jessica jones and cage's baby be so involved in these stories. They need to do something drastic like write the baby off into another dimension or something bc I don't think that dynamic is at all interesting. They care more about the baby than being heroes and if they can't focus on the threat at hand 100% then they shouldn't be avengers.

Story 5.5
Art 6
Overall 5.75


Nope, they announced at NYCC that Squirrel Girl would be taking over as the baby's nanny so expect more baby than ever before.
Image

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, uos spo6 and 142 guests

Advertisement