Advertisement

Review: Union Jack #3

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 322 posts

Review: Union Jack #3

Postby LOLtron » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:18 pm

Title: Union Jack #3Writer: Christos GageArtist: Mike PerkinsPublisher: MarvelReviewed by Trachman and john lewisjohn lewis: Union Jack defeats the Corrupter, the nekkid Ecstasy, and his Corrupter-controlled partners Sabra, Valentina DeFontaine, and the new Arabian Knight while making it look incredibly easy as him and his partners jump out of the frying pan and into the [...]
ImageTitle: Union Jack #3
Writer: Christos Gage
Artist: Mike Perkins
Publisher: Marvel
Reviewed by Trachman and john lewis

john lewis: Union Jack defeats the Corrupter, the nekkid Ecstasy, and his Corrupter-controlled partners Sabra, Valentina DeFontaine, and the new Arabian Knight while making it look incredibly easy as him and his partners jump out of the frying pan and into the fire that is a giant Dreadnought.

Personally, I like how this issue, and the past issues, was nothing more than a simple action-y superhero story and how it was battle, battle, calming time, then on to the next battle. What did you think, Trach?

Trachman: I agree it was a straight-up action comic, but Jack was very crafty, and it was very entertaining to watch Jack manipluate his Corrupter-controlled partners into fighting each other with witty insults. He’s the insult master! Gage is really doing a great job of restablishing Union Jack’s new role in the Marvel Universe. Which is fighting supervilains and it works. Mike Perkins did a couple of fill-in issues of Captain America and I was really impressed. So, I had to get these books once I found out Perkins was involed. And I’m not disappointed, he did a fantastic job. What’d you think the creative team, Hawk?

john: I think they’re great for the book. I got into Gage’s work because of his Deadshot mini and, like you, enjoyed Perkins’s art on Captain America. I am a bit disappointed there hasn’t been any vampires given Jack’s history but this story makes up for it. Any last thoughts?

Trachman: Go back to the first issue and there’s a good vampire brawl with a helicopter. (wink)

john: I think I remember that. That should’ve been longer dammit!!!

Trachman: I think it was gory enough so it didn’t need to be so long. (laughs)

To discuss.

Posted originally: 2006-11-20 16:18:30

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand