Monday, December 10, 2018 • Evening Edition • "All nerds welcome. Bring your own toilet paper."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 239 - BILLY THE KID #1

Should there be a mass PM for the Group pick each week?

Yes, it's convenient and a good reminder
64%

******, Garofani Spruzzo, Punchy, SilverPhoenix, Starlord, Stephen Day, The_Phenomenal_Sage, thefourthman
No, I'm a sourpuss grump
36%

BlueStreak, GLX, guitarsmashley, john lewis hawk, Zero
  Total votes : 14

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Muppetesque

Cunning Linguist

Postby Muppetesque » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:11 pm

thefourthman wrote:great, I am at home, how am I supposed to hide that boner from Morgan?!? :x

:lol:

and you claim you don't like me anymore.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:14 pm

nerdygirl wrote:
:lol:

and you claim you don't like me anymore.

He's still got fantasies about Greg though.

Muppetesque

Cunning Linguist

Postby Muppetesque » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:16 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
He's still got fantasies about Greg though.

who doesn't? Have you seen his shower photo spread?. :smt047

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:17 pm

Hey, Fourthy went off topic, wasn't he not supposed to do that this week?

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:17 pm

nerdygirl wrote:
who doesn't? Have you seen his shower photo spread?. :smt047

Nope, he should post those in the RG threads so Starlord won't quit.

The_Phenomenal_Sage

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby The_Phenomenal_Sage » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:54 pm

I had type up a review on my phone and something went wrong and I lost it. So basically I agree a lot with nerdy's review.

I am not going to do background research for a review group pick, I should get all I need from the issues ewspewcially if its #1 and it doesn't tell me anything came before. It was an interesting story, but this time period doesn't appeal to me. The Victorian periods X-Men is how I see this.

Overall - 6

I am just more of a cape and tights kinda superhero and with today's prices 399 pennnies is a lot, I have to be hooked from the get go

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:57 pm

I can't believe that people were this derailed by not knowing why these characters were together.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Royal Nonesuch wrote:I can't believe that people were this derailed by not knowing why these characters were together.

Why not?

Billy The Kid hanging around in London with a bunch of Circus Freaks is not a standard premise, it needs a little explaining.

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:02 pm

Punchy wrote:
Why not?

Billy The Kid hanging around in London with a bunch of Circus Freaks is not a standard premise, it needs a little explaining.

Maybe a little. Maybe. He's there, he's with the other characters, and then they springboard from there. It's surprising, sure, but not knowing how this collection of characters came to be didn't hamper my enjoyment of the comic at all. I was able to follow the story perfectly ok.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Royal Nonesuch wrote:
Maybe a little. Maybe. He's there, he's with the other characters, and then they springboard from there. It's surprising, sure, but not knowing how this collection of characters came to be didn't hamper my enjoyment of the comic at all. I was able to follow the story perfectly ok.

I was able to follow it, but I wasn't invested in it because I didn't know why.

Postby ****** » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:50 pm

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/ ... looza.html

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:50 pm

The front page articles are back! Hooray!

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:06 pm

Nice work, that was fun to read. Not that I don't still remember the long versions.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:44 pm

Billy the Kid's Old Timey Oddities

No time for a real review, maybe I'll plug it in later. It would just be praising the book though, and everyone already knows I liked it.

So,

Muppetesque

Cunning Linguist

Postby Muppetesque » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Royal Nonesuch wrote:

To be fair that was only one of my criticisms... the art was consistently problematic for me.

leave a comment with facebook