Tuesday, September 27, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "ISIS approved!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:47 pm

skywatcher wrote:Bollocks. You made a mistake, I called you on it and now you want to argue over it rather than just accept constructive criticism.
Anything posted in a public forum is a legitimate target for criticism. I don't have to be a reviewer myself in order to point out that you were wrong. Anyway, when did you suddenly become so sensitive? I know you're having a hard time getting your first job, but....


It's not a mistake, I clearly know that the insemination was artificial, I refer to it as such later in the review. I referred to it as 'forced incest' in sentence highlighting the over-the-top crazy elements of the series, and as such referred to it in as snappy and over-the-top crazy way I could think of. It was a bit of creative license.

I'm not sensitive, all you seem to do is nitpick other posters, not just me, you come in and pick up on one little error and criticise them for not being spot on all the time. And now you bring in personal remarks about my job situation? Stop being such a smug pedant.

skywatcher

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:50 pm

Punchy wrote:I'm not sensitive, all you seem to do is nitpick other posters, not just me, you come in and pick up on one little error and criticise them for not being spot on all the time. And now you bring in personal remarks about my job situation? Stop being such a smug pedant.

I've seen you personally attacked over and over on this forum by numerous posters. I've never seen you react like this. I wondered what had changed and assumed it was your current lack of employment. No offence meant.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:51 pm

skywatcher wrote:I've seen you personally attacked over and over on this forum by numerous posters. I've never seen you react like this. I wondered what had changed and assumed it was your current lack of employment. No offence meant.


Don't presume about my life.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:51 pm

Punchy wrote:Image

Hooray for Franken-Castle!


I'm thinking my budget might allow me to get this next week, but I'm not sure that my local comic book shop gets it in. If I can, I'll participate with that review.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Ugh, arguing with you is not how I imagined my 2000th post happening.

skywatcher

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:54 pm

Punchy wrote:Don't presume about my life.

Good luck with your next interview...
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:58 pm

Punchy wrote:Ugh, arguing with you is not how I imagined my 2000th post happening.


You were arguing with Sky all the way back then too? :?

skywatcher

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:03 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
You were arguing with Sky all the way back then too? :?

Well, I wasn't about to be the first to post about that missing zero or he might attempt to smite me in his righteous wrath!
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
You were arguing with Sky all the way back then too? :?


Ooops, 20000. See that was actually a mistake.

skywatcher

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:08 pm

Punchy wrote: See that was actually a mistake.

Really? Are you still trying to claim that "Forced Incest" wasn't one? :?
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:12 pm

skywatcher wrote:Really? Are you still trying to claim that "Forced Incest" wasn't one? :?


It wasn't a mistake. I clearly refer to the actual mechanics of what Nemesis did later on. I was painting out the concept in broad strokes at first, phrased in a shocking way as part of a sentence focussed on the shocking elements of the story, and then filling in the full details.

And either way, the result is basically incest, the child that is born will be the result of the exchange of sexual fluids between siblings, the result of incest.

You're just being a pedant, as I said.

skywatcher

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Punchy wrote: the result is basically incest, the child that is born will be the result of the exchange of sexual fluids between siblings, the result of incest.

As I've already said (and I'm not wrong) incest involves sexual congress between siblings. Since no sexual encounter took place, there was no incest! My original point was that you underlined this error by repeating it in the next sentence. Now I think you are arguing for the sake of it.
As you say, nothing you write will ever appear in the New York Review of books, so I'll just leave it at that.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:25 pm

skywatcher wrote:As I've already said (and I'm not wrong) incest involves sexual congress between siblings. Since no sexual encounter took place, there was no incest! My original point was that you underlined this error by repeating it in the next sentence. Now I think you are arguing for the sake of it.
As you say, nothing you write will ever appear in the New York Review of books, so I'll just leave it at that.


What happened basically amounted to incest, you can nitpick all you want, but it's true.

And I never said I'd never be in the New York Review Of Books, just that this thread wouldn't! :twisted:
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:48 pm

Well if there was no incest, I don't see what the parents are so up set about. Cheer up grandma & grandpa!
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:49 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Well if there was no incest, I don't see what the parents are so up set about. Cheer up grandma & grandpa!


They just love abortions so much.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kenny_Reigns, Popeye McFly and 65 guests