Advertisement

Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:47 pm

skywatcher wrote:Bollocks. You made a mistake, I called you on it and now you want to argue over it rather than just accept constructive criticism.
Anything posted in a public forum is a legitimate target for criticism. I don't have to be a reviewer myself in order to point out that you were wrong. Anyway, when did you suddenly become so sensitive? I know you're having a hard time getting your first job, but....

It's not a mistake, I clearly know that the insemination was artificial, I refer to it as such later in the review. I referred to it as 'forced incest' in sentence highlighting the over-the-top crazy elements of the series, and as such referred to it in as snappy and over-the-top crazy way I could think of. It was a bit of creative license.

I'm not sensitive, all you seem to do is nitpick other posters, not just me, you come in and pick up on one little error and criticise them for not being spot on all the time. And now you bring in personal remarks about my job situation? Stop being such a smug pedant.

Advertisement

skywatcher
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 0 post

Postby skywatcher » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:50 pm

Punchy wrote:I'm not sensitive, all you seem to do is nitpick other posters, not just me, you come in and pick up on one little error and criticise them for not being spot on all the time. And now you bring in personal remarks about my job situation? Stop being such a smug pedant.

I've seen you personally attacked over and over on this forum by numerous posters. I've never seen you react like this. I wondered what had changed and assumed it was your current lack of employment. No offence meant.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:51 pm

skywatcher wrote:I've seen you personally attacked over and over on this forum by numerous posters. I've never seen you react like this. I wondered what had changed and assumed it was your current lack of employment. No offence meant.

Don't presume about my life.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 409 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:51 pm

Punchy wrote:Image

Hooray for Franken-Castle!

I'm thinking my budget might allow me to get this next week, but I'm not sure that my local comic book shop gets it in. If I can, I'll participate with that review.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Ugh, arguing with you is not how I imagined my 2000th post happening.

skywatcher
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:54 pm

Punchy wrote:Don't presume about my life.

Good luck with your next interview...

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:58 pm

Punchy wrote:Ugh, arguing with you is not how I imagined my 2000th post happening.

You were arguing with Sky all the way back then too? :?

skywatcher
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:03 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:

Well, I wasn't about to be the first to post about that missing zero or he might attempt to smite me in his righteous wrath!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:

Ooops, 20000. See that was actually a mistake.

skywatcher
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:08 pm

Punchy wrote: See that was actually a mistake.

Really? Are you still trying to claim that "Forced Incest" wasn't one? :?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:12 pm

skywatcher wrote:Really? Are you still trying to claim that "Forced Incest" wasn't one? :?

It wasn't a mistake. I clearly refer to the actual mechanics of what Nemesis did later on. I was painting out the concept in broad strokes at first, phrased in a shocking way as part of a sentence focussed on the shocking elements of the story, and then filling in the full details.

And either way, the result is basically incest, the child that is born will be the result of the exchange of sexual fluids between siblings, the result of incest.

You're just being a pedant, as I said.

skywatcher
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Punchy wrote: the result is basically incest, the child that is born will be the result of the exchange of sexual fluids between siblings, the result of incest.

As I've already said (and I'm not wrong) incest involves sexual congress between siblings. Since no sexual encounter took place, there was no incest! My original point was that you underlined this error by repeating it in the next sentence. Now I think you are arguing for the sake of it.
As you say, nothing you write will ever appear in the New York Review of books, so I'll just leave it at that.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:25 pm

skywatcher wrote:As I've already said (and I'm not wrong) incest involves sexual congress between siblings. Since no sexual encounter took place, there was no incest! My original point was that you underlined this error by repeating it in the next sentence. Now I think you are arguing for the sake of it.
As you say, nothing you write will ever appear in the New York Review of books, so I'll just leave it at that.

What happened basically amounted to incest, you can nitpick all you want, but it's true.

And I never said I'd never be in the New York Review Of Books, just that this thread wouldn't! :twisted:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:48 pm

Well if there was no incest, I don't see what the parents are so up set about. Cheer up grandma & grandpa!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:49 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Well if there was no incest, I don't see what the parents are so up set about. Cheer up grandma & grandpa!

They just love abortions so much.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand