Monday, October 15, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Cyclops was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:15 am

starlord wrote:

So now we get to the root of the problem. You were rejected by a clique and have yet to get over it. GET OVER IT!

(sorry Skywatch but if we go by Punchy's logic I wasn't really insulting anybody personally because British people are not real individuals.) Basically you really don't exist. :smt102

I'm over it, it's just another demonstration of their idiocy.

You can't compare a message-board clique to a nationality or a religion or race like you are doing, it's ridiculous.

This is like the Cosplay thread again, a ridiculous overreaction.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:15 am

skywatcher wrote:

Hmmm. Should Punchy's response be read as most Brits are on the dole and Vic is scum? Or does he mean most Brits are scum?

Most of us Brits on the dole are scum.

skywatcher

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:17 am

starlord wrote:sorry Skywatch but if we go by Punchy's logic I wasn't really insulting anybody personally because British people are not real individuals.) Basically you really don't exist. :smt102

I've often thought that was the case with all people on the internet! :P

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:19 am

starlord wrote:

Well bloody hell. You just confuse me Sir. I've always just considered you cosmopolitan.

Fair enough. :-D

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:20 am

Punchy wrote:
I'm over it, it's just another demonstration of their idiocy.

You can't compare a message-board clique to a nationality or a religion or race like you are doing, it's ridiculous.

This is like the Cosplay thread again, a ridiculous overreaction.

Why? Because message-board people are less of a person than a nationality or a religion? Is that what you are telling us? Or are you just dimissing the whole thing now because you know your logic in this is faulty at best, making you look both arrogant and perhaps biggoted?

skywatcher

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:23 am

Punchy wrote: it's just another demonstration of their idiocy.

You know, you really don't do anything for your cause by repeating the same insult. Do you have any conception at all what being a real idiot actually means? An idiot is someone who is so mentally deficient that he is incapable of ordinary reasoning. That's a pretty bad insult to be banding about,in my opinion, far worse than being described as "sicker" than Mark Millar.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:23 am

starlord wrote:

Why? Because message-board people are less of a person than a nationality or a religion? Is that what you are telling us? Or are you just dimissing the whole thing now because you know your logic in this is faulty at best, making you look both arrogant and perhaps biggoted?

Because a message-board identity is less important than a nationality or religion. I would never insult someone for being Jewish or for being German, but I will happily make fun of 20somethings or 'Women-Watching Thread' people. Because it's not important.

To compare the two is facile just plain wrong. Posting in a thread on a forum is not the same as a Religion.

We had a thread a few weeks back where other posters where heavily attacking the Review Group calling them all bitches, or jerks, did anyone get offended by that? Was anyone reported? No. GHERU is being overly sensitive.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:24 am

Never mind. You're a fucking genius and always right. Typical woman, refuses to accept when their logic is faulty.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:24 am

skywatcher wrote:You know, you really don't do anything for your cause by repeating the same insult. Do you have any conception at all what being a real idiot actually means? An idiot is someone who is so mentally deficient that he is incapable of ordinary reasoning. That's a pretty bad insult to be banding about,in my opinion, far worse than being described as "sicker" than Mark Millar.

But in the real world, calling someone an idiot is a fairly mild insult.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:24 am

Did you cut a rap? Maybe if you cut a rap here, Punchy, they'll reconsider.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:25 am

Victorian Squid wrote:Did you cut a rap? Maybe if you cut a rap here, Punchy, they'll reconsider.

Reconsider what? Talking rubbish? I don't want them to stop.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:26 am

starlord wrote:Never mind. You're a fucking genius and always right. Typical woman, refuses to accept when their logic is faulty.

Explain why it's OK for Hab to insult the Review Group, but not OK for me to call the 20somethings idiots.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:28 am

Punchy wrote:
Explain why it's OK for Hab to insult the Review Group, but not OK for me to call the 20somethings idiots.

I'm always right.

Hab

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:29 am

Seriously Punchy would you please just stop now? Accept that it was a thoughtless comment upon which someone called you and move on. The more you argue the toss the sillier it looks.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:29 am

Jude Terror wrote:
I'm always right.

Hab

Or, it's because none of the Review Group are idiots.

Punch

leave a comment with facebook