Advertisement

Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby ****** » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Xero actually reviewed the comic in the middle of all that, John Snow!


I'll still go through and pull the reviews, I just won't have to read the stuff about Punchy not being able to comprehend the definition of incest.

Advertisement

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby ****** » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:40 pm

GLX wrote:
You counted? :shock:


I was bored.

Punchy 89
skywatcher 33
Jude Terror 28
Victorian Squid 23
starlord 19
GLX 14
John Snow 14
Zero 14
Eli Katz 11
guitarsmashley 9
nietoperz 7
doombug 6
48THRiLLS 4
McKegan 3
thefourthman 3
Frag It 2
GHERU 2
Stephen Day 2
BlueStreak 1
john lewis hawk 1
Royal Nonesuch 1

Or I clicked the post count link.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby ****** » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:41 pm

Punchy wrote:
I hadn't been whining for 88 posts when everyone jumped down my throat.


You're whining now.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34453
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:41 pm

John Snow wrote:
I was bored.

Punchy 89
skywatcher 33
Jude Terror 28
Victorian Squid 23
starlord 19
GLX 14
John Snow 14
Zero 14
Eli Katz 11
guitarsmashley 9
nietoperz 7
doombug 6
48THRiLLS 4
McKegan 3
thefourthman 3
Frag It 2
GHERU 2
Stephen Day 2
BlueStreak 1
john lewis hawk 1
Royal Nonesuch 1

Or I clicked the post count link.


Is this the start of a new Spreadsheet?

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34453
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:41 pm

John Snow wrote:
You're whining now.


With good reason IMO.

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 36019
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 27 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby Frag » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Jeses Punchy, just STFU already.

When EVERYONE is telling you that you are wrong, there's a good possibility that you are wrong.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:53 pm

There can't possibly be any serious butthurt over this thread.

We all know Punchy won't budge.

Agree or disagree?
Image

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76548
Likes: 517 posts
Liked in: 826 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:01 pm

You don't have to count posts. You can view posts per user per thread on the index page.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34453
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:04 pm

Frag It wrote:Jeses Punchy, just STFU already.

When EVERYONE is telling you that you are wrong, there's a good possibility that you are wrong.


But you just also agreed with me in your post.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby ****** » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:08 pm

Nemesis #3

Of the three issues of Nemesis so far, this was the least sucky but only because Millar is going out of his way to try and shock the reader and that's all Millar's got anymore. Shock. Reading Nemesis it's clear Millar's only reason for doing this is to try and spin it into another Kick Ass. This reads like slightly more elaborate storyboards and it makes for very uninspired comic booking. There's no depth in the characters and I kind of doubt this is anyone's first comic where the villain is the main focus of the series.

I hope Steve McNiven hasn't had a falling out with Dexter Vines and Morry Hollowell because his work becomes a lot less exciting without them. Certainly they couldn't have helped the boring widescreen storytelling but they would have added the depth and texture that Nemesis is lacking.

Having not read this before it got picked for the RG, I would have bought the eventual trade sight unseen. The biggest shock Millar and McNiven have provided with Nemesis is just how underwhelming a comic these two have come up with.

Story: 1
Art: 6
Overall: 3.5

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby ****** » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Jude Terror wrote:You don't have to count posts. You can view posts per user per thread on the index page.


You mean I broke my abacus out for nothing? :x

STFU JUDE!!!

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34453
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:15 pm

So is Nemesis shocking or not? Some reviews say it is, and some are saying it's trying to be shocking and failing, which is closest to the truth?

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 36019
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 27 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby Frag » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:26 pm

Punchy wrote:
But you just also agreed with me in your post.


I agree with the sentiment. I don't agree that it's not an insult.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34453
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:28 pm

Frag It wrote:
I agree with the sentiment. I don't agree that it's not an insult.


I never said it wasn't an insult, just that it wasn't a personal one or a serious one deserving of being reported.

GHERU
User avatar


YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 39303
Likes: 207 posts
Liked in: 316 posts
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: Fucking Akron


Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby GHERU » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:22 pm

would like to sincerely apologize to Punchy.
I took a bad mood (woken up against my will to a broken coffee maker where the person responsibly did not see why I thought that maybe they should have gone out to get some :smt013 ) with me online only to see myself called an idiot in a thread that I had not, yet, posted in by a person who is not a friend of mine and therefore I did not consider it friendly ribbing.

but, no matter, all that can be seen as an excuse and I am not trying to make excuses - I should not have reported it, I should have just ignored it. I am sorry
----
would also like to sincerely apologize to the Review Group
after a couple of weeks where, for the most part, this thread was actually about the comic book being reviewed my bad mood caused way too much drama and took away from what the thread should be about.

I am sorry
----
now, I assume, based on who has posted in here since I hit the button (I admit to not having read all the pages) that I have been insulted again and to any one this may apply to: If you have been reported for personally attacking me, I take the blame for that as well, since if it wasn't for me hitting he button to being with you never would have been inspired to do so.
if my assumption is true, I am sorry
if it is false, I am sorry for thinking so poorly of my fellow OH posters to make this assumption.

Sincerely, RU
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bkthomson, poit123 and 96 guests

Advertisement