Saturday, December 10, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "The number two comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Preview: Wonder Woman #603

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

PREVIEWtron

cheese

Postby PREVIEWtron » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:30 pm

DC Preview: Wonder Woman #603DC Comics has released an advance preview of Wonder Woman #603, in stores on 09/29/2010!
From the DCU Blog:

J. Michael Straczynski and artist Don Kramer continue to unravel the truth behind Wonder Woman’s new, startling status quo (with a snazzy J.H. Williams III variant, no less), as Diana discovers that the men out to killer are just the tip of the iceberg. But how can Wonder Woman survive a battle with the mysterious creature known only as the Keres?

Find out Wednesday. Until then, here’s a teaser of what’s to come.

The Source

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/previews/other-previews/10651.html/

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Wonder Woman uses UZIs now?

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:23 pm

Benderbrau wrote:Wonder Woman uses UZIs now?

She uses whatever she can get. Considering it's not hers, I don't think it's a big deal.

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:31 pm

mrorangesoda wrote:
She uses whatever she can get. Considering it's not hers, I don't think it's a big deal.

I guess because once you start showing superpowered superheroes using guns it suggests that the gun is a better option then whatever superpower they have at their disposal so then you're left asking why not always use a gun?

SaturnKnight

dINGO

Postby SaturnKnight » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:49 pm

Love it, love it, love it! :-D

Sgt.Marvel

rubber spoon

Postby Sgt.Marvel » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:50 pm

Benderbrau wrote:I guess because once you start showing superpowered superheroes using guns it suggests that the gun is a better option then whatever superpower they have at their disposal so then you're left asking why not always use a gun?

Because she's not fighting a human or a superhuman she's fighting some weird mythical thing

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Ugh, all those straps!?! It didn't work on the boots of her 1940s costume, and it doesn't work today.

Jim Lee, you suck at designing superhero costumes. Can't Warner Brothers have one of their umpteen cable channels have a fashion contest to design Wonder Woman's costume? Get all multimedia up in this, bitches!

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Sgt.Marvel wrote:
Because she's not fighting a human or a superhuman she's fighting some weird mythical thing

It's Wonder Woman. Doesn't she always? I mean, doesn't she have like a minatour for a butler or something?

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:04 pm

garcoyle wrote:Ugh, all those straps!?! It didn't work on the boots of her 1940s costume, and it doesn't work today.

Jim Lee, you suck at designing superhero costumes. Can't Warner Brothers have one of their umpteen cable channels have a fashion contest to design Wonder Woman's costume? Get all multimedia up in this, bitches!

He made a good costume for her in the "For Tomorrow" story

But yeah, generally his costumes are very busy looking.

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:30 pm

Benderbrau wrote:It's Wonder Woman. Doesn't she always? I mean, doesn't she have like a minatour for a butler or something?

Someone who's actually reading it correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe she's under powered in this alt-universe thing.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:38 pm

How many artists have to work on Wonder Woman? :lol:

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:45 pm

Benderbrau wrote:He made a good costume for her in the "For Tomorrow" story

But yeah, generally his costumes are very busy looking.
Lee never drew the same WW costume twice, and veered from her established costume. I don't know why, it always bugged me.

And Kyle's dog collar costume... ugh. I'll take crabface anyday.

SaturnKnight

dINGO

Postby SaturnKnight » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Benderbrau wrote:It's Wonder Woman. Doesn't she always? I mean, doesn't she have like a minatour for a butler or something?
You mean Ferdinand, who worked on the staff at the Themysciran Embassy back during Greg Rucka's run which was 5 years ago. He's long gone.
mrorangesoda wrote: Someone who's actually reading it correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe she's under powered in this alt-universe thing.

Yes. When the Gods of Olympus altered time, Diana's powers start weak but grow stronger as she continues her odyssey to reclaim her past. She's also recovering her memories at the same time.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:43 pm

Benderbrau wrote:I guess because once you start showing superpowered superheroes using guns it suggests that the gun is a better option then whatever superpower they have at their disposal so then you're left asking why not always use a gun?

What is she supposed to use ? If you were actually reading this you'd know that she doesn't have the lasso yet, and they haven't shown that this tiara is a throwing-weapon.

I liked this issue. It may be jarring to some that there are 3 different Pencillers, but I loved the Hell scenes. I'm guessing that was Goldman's work. The coloring is also nice, especially the way it's used to differentiate between daytime desert, Hell, and nighttime desert. It was a quick Hell trip but Diana has to fight her way through all of it. I also think there are clues here: how can Diana see the Keres, and why does Cerberus just lay down in her prescence ? I'm seeing a connection to Master Hades here 8)

And we finally get to see the Big Bad. And he's not really naked at all. At least not in the skin sense :P

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:51 pm

I bought it. I read it. I'm done. The art was just blah and the story isn't pulling me in.

leave a comment with facebook