Advertisement

Your First Look at BLACK WIDOW #7

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 203 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:05 pm

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Black Widow #7, from the red-hot creative team of Duane Swierczynski and Manuel Garcia!

Marvel's greatest super-spy taking a new companion on a whirlwind world tour...but is her game safety or subterfuge?  All political progeny Nick Crane knows about the woman who's taken him hostage is that she's the beautiful, but deadly undercover agent known as the Black Widow.  Like it or not, they're going off the grid together...and right into the sights of a certain super-powered hit woman.

Fans and critics agree, Black Widow is a hit!

"Swierczynski's first arc gets off to a fun little start..." – Jesse Schedeen, IGN.com

"This comic is a bomb of energy and violence that straps you down and turns the pages itself." – Ryan K. Lindsay, ComicBookResources.com

It's kiss kiss, bang bang, and black budget conspiracy this October in Black Widow #7!

BLACK WIDOW #7 (AUG100575)
BLACK WIDOW #7 VAMPIRE VARIANT (AUG100576)
Written by DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI
Penciled by MANUEL GARCIA
Cover by TRAVEL FOREMAN
Vampire Variant by STEPHANIE PERGER
Rated T+...$2.99
FOC – 10/07/10, ON SALE – 10/27/10

Source: Press Release

Written or Contributed by: Jude Terror

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/newspreviews/174-first-looks/10664-your-first-look-at-black-widow-7.html/
Last edited by LOLtron on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: JFusion Discussion Bot UPDATE

Advertisement

capjr
cheese

Liked in: 1 post

Re: Your First Look at BLACK WIDOW #7

Postby capjr » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:19 pm

Yeah....don't have one issue of BW BUT I may start picking this up...

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:17 pm

I read #6 today. Typical solid Swierczynski. Manuel Garcia continues shift between barely competent and eye bleedingly awful though. I'm going to have a tough time justifying picking this up in trades if there isn't a new artist on the next arc.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:23 pm

Well too bad Swierczynski is only getting a handful of issues since the title is pretty much canceled. I thought he would be a good fit for the book or until Marvel could convince Rucka to come back and write her.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:00 pm

bkthomson wrote:Well too bad Swierczynski is only getting a handful of issues since the title is pretty much canceled. I thought he would be a good fit for the book or until Marvel could convince Rucka to come back and write her.

:smt103 When did they announce this? This has been an awesome title, one of the best Marvel's got right now. And with Swierczynski, they have someone who they can have devoted to it.

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:56 am

Duck Punch wrote:
:smt103 When did they announce this? This has been an awesome title, one of the best Marvel's got right now. And with Swierczynski, they have someone who they can have devoted to it.

They didn't really so much as announce it as they changed the planned crossover with Hawkeye and Mockingbird into a mini-series called Widowmaker which probably signals and end both series.

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:46 am

John Snow wrote:
They didn't really so much as announce it as they changed the planned crossover with Hawkeye and Mockingbird into a mini-series called Widowmaker which probably signals and end both series.

Yuck. While the news about H&M doesn't really bother me one way or the other, that really sucks for Black Widow :smt010

leave a comment with facebook

Return to Previews