Advertisement

Review Group Week 242 - FRANKEN-CASTLE #21

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 63 posts

Re: Review Group Week 242 - FRANKEN-CASTLE #21

Postby ****** » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:31 pm

Punchy wrote:I pick Ultimate Comics Thor #1

Ultimate Comics Thor #1
selected by Punchy
WRITER: Jonathan Hickman
PENCILS: Carlos Pacheco

Exploding from the pages of the Ultimates, comes Ultimate Thor! Don't miss the superstar team-up of JONATHAN HICKMAN and CARLOS PACHECO as they go back to the beginning and tell the origin of Thor, Loki and the rest of Asgard! Ragnorak has descended and Asgard sits at the edge of the end. What will become of Thor and the Warriors Three? And what exactly does Baron Zemo, mysterious commander for the Nazis, have to do with it all? Ultimate Comics Thor brings you the untold story of Thor's thunderous debut! Rated T $3.99

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:36 pm

John Snow wrote:
Ultimate Comics Thor #1
selected by Punchy
WRITER: Jonathan Hickman
PENCILS: Carlos Pacheco

Exploding from the pages of the Ultimates, comes Ultimate Thor! Don't miss the superstar team-up of JONATHAN HICKMAN and CARLOS PACHECO as they go back to the beginning and tell the origin of Thor, Loki and the rest of Asgard! Ragnorak has descended and Asgard sits at the edge of the end. What will become of Thor and the Warriors Three? And what exactly does Baron Zemo, mysterious commander for the Nazis, have to do with it all? Ultimate Comics Thor brings you the untold story of Thor's thunderous debut! Rated T $3.99

I'm afraid I'm going to be out for next week, this week was a pleasurable exception where I had extra money to buy a review book that I wasn't going to be getting anyway, but next week goes back to the usual tight comic book budget. I wasn't going to be getting Ultimate Comics Thor, and I'm just not going to have the extra money to buy it.

Hopefully I can get involved the week after. :)

Thank you Troy for the sig

Postby ****** » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
I'm afraid I'm going to be out for next week, this week was a pleasurable exception where I had extra money to buy a review book that I wasn't going to be getting anyway, but next week goes back to the usual tight comic book budget. I wasn't going to be getting Ultimate Comics Thor, and I'm just not going to have the extra money to buy it.

Hopefully I can get involved the week after. :)

It's okay, no one is expected to review every week. :wink:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 238 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:54 pm

I won't be reviewing Ultimate Comics Thor, because I am still protesting the ignored one.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:58 pm

thefourthman wrote:I won't be reviewing Ultimate Comics Thor, because I am still protesting the ignored one.

Chicken.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:22 pm

thefourthman wrote:I won't be reviewing Ultimate Comics Thor, because I am still protesting the ignored one.

:smt011

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:56 pm

GLX wrote: :smt011

If I didn't ignore him, I would probably leave the group. I haven't decided whether I will behave next week and stay away or cause havoc. :twisted:
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:59 pm

thefourthman wrote:If I didn't ignore him, I would probably leave the group. I haven't decided whether I will behave next week and stay away or cause havoc. :twisted:

It's Hickman and Pacheco. I don't think it'll hurt to give (what looks to be) a good comic some love.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:41 pm

GLX wrote:
It's Hickman and Pacheco. I don't think it'll hurt to give (what looks to be) a good comic some love.

Oh I will read it, I just refuse to review it.

Postby ****** » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Franken-Castle #21

Putting aside the fact that the whole Franken-Castle concept is buckets of stupid, I enjoyed the Monster Island portion of this in spite of myself. Having Elsa Bloodstone helped some, but not nearly as much as Dan Brereton. Holy Man-Thing the first half of this book is pretty. I had to read it twice to really figure out what the what since I had only read the first issue of this arc previously, but it was damn pretty.

The second half of this comic on the other hand, not pretty at all and I'm not even talking about the art. Remender's ghetto-speak was hard to get through and it was about the most wrote Punisher scene possible. Where Brereton succeeded in taking Remender's lackluster scripting and making it into something fun, Mutti isn't up to the task. Mutti's portion of the book is horribly muddied and takes Frank Castle to previously unseen levels of fugly.

Story: 3
Brereton Art: 10
Mutti Art: 1
Overall: 5

Postby ****** » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:50 pm

thefourthman wrote:Oh I will read it, I just refuse to review it.

You know what kind of protests are really effective? Silent ones.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:54 pm

John Snow wrote:

bite me.

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 66 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:51 pm

John Snow wrote:

No way. We can't disappoint Hab.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:37 am

Say what you want about me, but I still reviewed Billy The Kid.

Postby ****** » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:58 am

Punchy wrote:Best Line - I found much of Ellie Bloodstone's dialogue to be hilarious, Remender actually made her sound British, but this is the best one 'I've fought Frankenstein -- and you, sir, are NO Frankenstein'

Hack dialogue, IMO. I thought the rest of Elsa's stuff was fun, but her paraphrasing a 1988 US VP debate one-liner was :roll: x 1000.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand