Advertisement

Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:47 pm

thefourthman wrote:I don't get the HBO. I will buy it when it is cheap on DVD or bluray or whatever.

I think there's a complete boxset now. It's so much better than any TV show you have ever seen.

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:32 pm

I'll look into it.

Postby ****** » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:25 pm

Oh boy, sorting through this thread was fun. Can't imagine why I kept putting it off.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/ ... sis-3.html

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:24 pm

Nemesis 3 Review

I'm not liking this series nearly as much as I normally enjoy Millar's work. It started out decently enough with issue one, was followed by an ok issue two, and then a lame ass issue three. This is just generic by the numbers super hero shock stuff. None of the three secrets were that big of a deal imo and they lessened the impact of the brother impregnating his sister by just having her be inseminated. I don't like rape in my comics but this was just kind of lame. I don't really care about the cop and this series didn't have enough time to build up Nemesis either. With just one issue left I am glad this series is ending so that Millar can focus on Kick Ass and hopefully Superior will be much better.

I just hope the success of Kick Ass didn't go to his head but i'm afraid it might have since he did this obviously for a movie and superior will probably follow suit.

Mcniven also is not putting up his best stuff here either. He's great at the big splash pages but I just don't think he's all that great when people are just standing around talking. He shows emotion well enough but he's certainly not blowing me away here.

Very disappointed with this showing by Millar and Mcniven, hopefully Millar can turn his next series around.

Story 3
Art 4
Overall 3.5

Kerny
Review Grouper

Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:18 am

Nemesis 3

I don't get the hate for this. I thought it was fun and completely over the top. Yes the incest thing is gross, and this isn't really a smart comic, but the violence was cool and I think McNiven stepped up his art here from the first two issues

Some of the revealations aren't very big. Ooh he has a gay son. Big deal. His wife suddenly hating him felt out of place too. Still this comic didn't commit the ultimate sin: It wasn't boring.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand