Advertisement

Need artist for a Vic Boone--Will be published

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

KidGloves
Steroid User

Liked in: 0 post

Need artist for a Vic Boone--Will be published

Postby KidGloves » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:24 pm

I lost my artist today and need to find a replacement. The book, Vic Boone, will be published. I've signed the contract.

I can't pay upfront.(lost 99% of you there). I will split all profits 50/50. As I said, the book will be published by a company (not just me through ka-blam). And I will pimp it to no end. Look I know no pay upfront is lame. I wish it wasn't the case. I did comic art for years and know it's a time consuming thing.

and the company publishing it is 215ink.

I will letter and color.

please email cantukeeslim@gmail.com, if interested.
Can send first issue script if needed.

Advertisement

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Re: Need artist for a Vic Boone--Will be published

Postby shannonh » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:22 am

I'm one of the ones you lost. But, if you post some of your coloring/ lettering samples, it might help you find someone desperate for publication.

KidGloves
Steroid User

Postby KidGloves » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:34 am

Good idea

KidGloves
Steroid User

Postby KidGloves » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:42 am

Samples lettering and coloring. Lettered all pages, colored last two. Coloring was meant to look old school. Those pages are for the project I'm looking for an artist for.

http://shawnaldridge.webs.com/apps/phot ... d=10245906

KidGloves
Steroid User

Postby KidGloves » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:46 am

And here's an 8 pager to show you the idea of the series.
http://shawnaldridge.webs.com/apps/phot ... id=9575987

Paul Render
Whale Castrato

Postby Paul Render » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:37 pm

How many pages, what is the deadline and when will it be published?

KidGloves
Steroid User

Postby KidGloves » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:14 am

Yes, it will definitely be published. It's an ongoing series. 22pgs per issue, but the it's told in arcs. First arc is 3 issues.

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Title: The Beast!

Postby J.M. Hunter » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:11 am

This actually looks like it'd be a good book, too bad you lost your artist. I'm curious to see what the new artist's style looks like compared to that eight pager.

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:12 am

Shawn Why aren't you drawing it? You're a capable artist? What happened to the old artist?

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:21 am

Also while he's sleeping, I'm going to suggest an artist in the form of BludBlood's very own SuperGinraiX as a capable of artist who I'd like to see do more work and maybe rake in 50 percent of the profits if that thing takes off.

KidGloves
Steroid User

Postby KidGloves » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:58 am

J.M. Hunter wrote:Shawn Why aren't you drawing it? You're a capable artist? What happened to the old artist?

Oh, I'm not a very good artist at all. Anything you've seen in relation to me and art was probably done by someone else. I only have one or two pieces floating out there from years and years, ago.

I do wish I was capable of drawing it myself.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:08 am

Those pages look really good.

I hope you find another artist as capable.

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

KidGloves
Steroid User

Postby KidGloves » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:16 am

Jon Salwen wrote:Those pages look really good.

I hope you find another artist as capable.

Yeah, me, too. I wish the original artist, who is also my best friend, could do the new book. But he has a graphic novel he's doing with his wife.

I have gotten some great artist samples from people. It'll be tough picking the new guy.

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:26 am

KidGloves wrote:

Yeah, me, too. I wish the original artist, who is also my best friend, could do the new book. But he has a graphic novel he's doing with his wife.

I have gotten some great artist samples from people. It'll be tough picking the new guy.

You guys are in for a long haul. The new artist is gonna have to realize that he'll be carrying the workload and the book. It's hit or miss if people don't respond to his work. That's pressure.

The new artist is going to have to be able to convince his wife, family that the amount of focus and work he's going to have to commit is worth the sacrifice of not spending time with them.
That's pressure.

The new artist is going to have to be able to deliver page after page of a style that is competitive and yet refreshing to a world wide audience, as well as define his own voice while still being able to carry your voice as the writer Shawn.
That's pressure.

You? You're the head of that hydra, and as the writer and sub-publisher/editor of this whole effort you have to keep everyone in line while pleasing them at the same time and still hope for a win.
That's pressure.

Good luck, I hope you guys make it through, and if you need any help as far as promoting or reviews, interviews to get the word out, let me know, I do a column called Indy Hunter and it's meant for guys like you. The only problem is I'm in the same boat as you guys in trying to make all the cogs run.

I feel your pain.

I wish I was a capable artist though, so I could throw in my hat, but I'm still trying to find my own voice as well as I'm heading waaay too many projects now as is.

KidGloves
Steroid User

Postby KidGloves » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:45 am

J.M. Hunter wrote:

You guys are in for a long haul. The new artist is gonna have to realize that he'll be carrying the workload and the book. It's hit or miss if people don't respond to his work. That's pressure.

The new artist is going to have to be able to convince his wife, family that the amount of focus and work he's going to have to commit is worth the sacrifice of not spending time with them.
That's pressure.

The new artist is going to have to be able to deliver page after page of a style that is competitive and yet refreshing to a world wide audience, as well as define his own voice while still being able to carry your voice as the writer Shawn.
That's pressure.

You? You're the head of that hydra, and as the writer and sub-publisher/editor of this whole effort you have to keep everyone in line while pleasing them at the same time and still hope for a win.
That's pressure.

Good luck, I hope you guys make it through, and if you need any help as far as promoting or reviews, interviews to get the word out, let me know, I do a column called Indy Hunter and it's meant for guys like you. The only problem is I'm in the same boat as you guys in trying to make all the cogs run.

I feel your pain.

I wish I was a capable artist though, so I could throw in my hat, but I'm still trying to find my own voice as well as I'm heading waaay too many projects now as is.

Couldn't have said it better myself, JM. I will definitely let you know when we need some promo help.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Creator's Corner