Advertisement

Call for Reviews - Incognito: Bad Influences #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35133
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Michigan


Re: Review Group Week 246 - INCOGNITO: BAD INFLUENCES #1

Postby Starlord » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:42 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Fear Agent #30

How much can one man possibly take? Shit continues to rain down on Heath Huston as...

Aw crap.

Wrong book.


:lol:
Image

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Review Group Week 246 - INCOGNITO: BAD INFLUENCES #1

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Ok, here we go. Frankly...Fear Agent, Hellboy/BoB, Bulletproof Coffin, and Jack Staff are going to be hard acts to follow. Can there actually be that many great books in one week? That much greatness? I am skeptical.
Image

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9235
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 59 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


Re: Review Group Week 246 - INCOGNITO: BAD INFLUENCES #1

Postby Zero » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:28 am

Victorian Squid wrote:Fear Agent #30

How much can one man possibly take? Shit continues to rain down on Heath Huston as...

Aw crap.

Wrong book.


If you're gonna do the joke, do it all the way. I managed a full review of the wrong book in he damn front page article one week. Make me read Deadpool will they?

3MJ
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Review Group Week 246 - INCOGNITO: BAD INFLUENCES #1

Postby 3MJ » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:36 am

Got my reviews for Kick Ass and Nemesis. Won't be reading this probably.

john lewis hawk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 29690
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 232 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Title: not here


Re: Review Group Week 246 - INCOGNITO: BAD INFLUENCES #1

Postby john lewis hawk » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:11 am

Doo hickeys and freedom Kegel exercisers.

Anyways, very solid introduction issue as Brubaker and Phillips get right into Zack Overkill's new life of meaningless sex, hating neighbors, and hating the job even more than the neighbors. The story's pretty interesting with the highlights being the villains Bru created (you can never go wrong with Nazi and Red Menace villains). Phillips's art has improved too. Overall, great start to what should be a great mini-series.

And G.I. Gorilla must show up again.

9

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Review Group Week 246 - INCOGNITO: BAD INFLUENCES #1

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:29 am

Zero wrote:
If you're gonna do the joke, do it all the way. I managed a full review of the wrong book in he damn front page article one week. Make me read Deadpool will they?


Fear Agent was great! At least a 9! Hellboy/Beasts of Burden was a 10!

Incognito was okay..
Image

Starlord
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35133
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Michigan


Re: Review Group Week 246 - INCOGNITO: BAD INFLUENCES #1

Postby Starlord » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:06 am

Victorian Squid wrote:
Fear Agent was great! At least a 9! Hellboy/Beasts of Burden was a 10!

Incognito was okay..


If this week had been mine it would have been Hellboy/Beast of Burden. Haven't read it yet but it looks awesome. Can't wait.
Image

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34445
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 76 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: Review Group Week 246 - INCOGNITO: BAD INFLUENCES #1

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:04 pm

There are lots of interesting books for Starlord to pick next week.

Batman And Robin #16, Grant Morrison's last issue of B&R.
Superboy #1
Invincible #75
Amazing Spider-Man #647, the final issue of Brand New Day, a massive blow-out with all the writers.
Captain America: Man Out Of Time #1, Mark Waid
Generation Hope #1, new X-Men ongoing by Kieron Gillen
Iron Man/Thor #1, DnA
Scarlet #3, because Scarlet is awesome

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9235
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 59 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


Re: Review Group Week 246 - INCOGNITO: BAD INFLUENCES #1

Postby Zero » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:42 pm

Two thirds of them look pretty good.

Also I read Incognito today and will review tomorrow. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be using the word 'Sleeper' a hell of a lot in this week's review.

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16173
Likes: 246 posts
Liked in: 344 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: Review Group Week 246 - INCOGNITO: BAD INFLUENCES #1

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:00 pm

Punchy wrote:There are lots of interesting books for Starlord to pick next week.

Superboy #1


Should be the choice. Jeff Lemire writing a superhero.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Review Group Week 246 - INCOGNITO: BAD INFLUENCES #1

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm glad it's not my week, I don't like much of it.
Image

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9235
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 59 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


Re: Review Group Week 246 - INCOGNITO: BAD INFLUENCES #1

Postby Zero » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:11 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I'm glad it's not my week, I don't like much of it.


Have you read Scarlet yet? I have nothing but good things to say about it. Superboy and Invincible might also be interesting and Mark Waid on Cap might be a thing.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Review Group Week 246 - INCOGNITO: BAD INFLUENCES #1

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:18 pm

Zero wrote:
Have you read Scarlet yet? I have nothing but good things to say about it. Superboy and Invincible might also be interesting and Mark Waid on Cap might be a thing.


Do you think Scarlet #3 will be a good intro for people though? I've never read Invincible, there are a lot of trades now but people say the first one isn't that great. Superboy...just don't like the character, hopefully Lemire will surprise people like me...I just don't know. Waid is always a possibility but I don't know the book--the price and page count might prohibit me from buying it and encourage a brief Byrning.
Image

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34445
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 76 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: Review Group Week 246 - INCOGNITO: BAD INFLUENCES #1

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:28 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Do you think Scarlet #3 will be a good intro for people though? I've never read Invincible, there are a lot of trades now but people say the first one isn't that great. Superboy...just don't like the character, hopefully Lemire will surprise people like me...I just don't know. Waid is always a possibility but I don't know the book--the price and page count might prohibit me from buying it and encourage a brief Byrning.


With Invincible, I recommend buying the first 2 trades at the same time, Volume 1 is good, but basic, Volume 2... kicks things up a notch and is what made the book a modern classic.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Review Group Week 246 - INCOGNITO: BAD INFLUENCES #1

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:47 pm

Punchy wrote:
With Invincible, I recommend buying the first 2 trades at the same time, Volume 1 is good, but basic, Volume 2... kicks things up a notch and is what made the book a modern classic.


I wish I knew if I'd like it enough to! It's such a conundrum.

And if I did like it, what edition to buy?
Image

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 47 guests

Advertisement