Saturday, October 1, 2016 • Morning Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Call for Reviews - Incognito: Bad Influences #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:42 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Fear Agent #30

How much can one man possibly take? Shit continues to rain down on Heath Huston as...

Aw crap.

Wrong book.

:lol:

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Ok, here we go. Frankly...Fear Agent, Hellboy/BoB, Bulletproof Coffin, and Jack Staff are going to be hard acts to follow. Can there actually be that many great books in one week? That much greatness? I am skeptical.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:28 am

Victorian Squid wrote:Fear Agent #30

How much can one man possibly take? Shit continues to rain down on Heath Huston as...

Aw crap.

Wrong book.

If you're gonna do the joke, do it all the way. I managed a full review of the wrong book in he damn front page article one week. Make me read Deadpool will they?

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:36 am

Got my reviews for Kick Ass and Nemesis. Won't be reading this probably.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:11 am

Doo hickeys and freedom Kegel exercisers.

Anyways, very solid introduction issue as Brubaker and Phillips get right into Zack Overkill's new life of meaningless sex, hating neighbors, and hating the job even more than the neighbors. The story's pretty interesting with the highlights being the villains Bru created (you can never go wrong with Nazi and Red Menace villains). Phillips's art has improved too. Overall, great start to what should be a great mini-series.

And G.I. Gorilla must show up again.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:29 am

Zero wrote:
If you're gonna do the joke, do it all the way. I managed a full review of the wrong book in he damn front page article one week. Make me read Deadpool will they?

Fear Agent was great! At least a 9! Hellboy/Beasts of Burden was a 10!

Incognito was okay..

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:06 am

Victorian Squid wrote:
Fear Agent was great! At least a 9! Hellboy/Beasts of Burden was a 10!

Incognito was okay..

If this week had been mine it would have been Hellboy/Beast of Burden. Haven't read it yet but it looks awesome. Can't wait.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:04 pm

There are lots of interesting books for Starlord to pick next week.

Batman And Robin #16, Grant Morrison's last issue of B&R.
Superboy #1
Invincible #75
Amazing Spider-Man #647, the final issue of Brand New Day, a massive blow-out with all the writers.
Captain America: Man Out Of Time #1, Mark Waid
Generation Hope #1, new X-Men ongoing by Kieron Gillen
Iron Man/Thor #1, DnA
Scarlet #3, because Scarlet is awesome

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:42 pm

Two thirds of them look pretty good.

Also I read Incognito today and will review tomorrow. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be using the word 'Sleeper' a hell of a lot in this week's review.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:00 pm

Punchy wrote:There are lots of interesting books for Starlord to pick next week.

Superboy #1

Should be the choice. Jeff Lemire writing a superhero.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm glad it's not my week, I don't like much of it.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:11 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I'm glad it's not my week, I don't like much of it.

Have you read Scarlet yet? I have nothing but good things to say about it. Superboy and Invincible might also be interesting and Mark Waid on Cap might be a thing.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:18 pm

Zero wrote:
Have you read Scarlet yet? I have nothing but good things to say about it. Superboy and Invincible might also be interesting and Mark Waid on Cap might be a thing.

Do you think Scarlet #3 will be a good intro for people though? I've never read Invincible, there are a lot of trades now but people say the first one isn't that great. Superboy...just don't like the character, hopefully Lemire will surprise people like me...I just don't know. Waid is always a possibility but I don't know the book--the price and page count might prohibit me from buying it and encourage a brief Byrning.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:28 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Do you think Scarlet #3 will be a good intro for people though? I've never read Invincible, there are a lot of trades now but people say the first one isn't that great. Superboy...just don't like the character, hopefully Lemire will surprise people like me...I just don't know. Waid is always a possibility but I don't know the book--the price and page count might prohibit me from buying it and encourage a brief Byrning.

With Invincible, I recommend buying the first 2 trades at the same time, Volume 1 is good, but basic, Volume 2... kicks things up a notch and is what made the book a modern classic.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:47 pm

Punchy wrote:
With Invincible, I recommend buying the first 2 trades at the same time, Volume 1 is good, but basic, Volume 2... kicks things up a notch and is what made the book a modern classic.

I wish I knew if I'd like it enough to! It's such a conundrum.

And if I did like it, what edition to buy?

leave a comment with facebook