Thursday, June 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "*the sound you hear when PAC-MAN dies*"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 247 - SUPERBOY #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 am

I just wasn't aware critically acclaimed Jeff Lemire wrote like a relic from 30 years ago. If I had known that, I'd have checked out his work sooner. :P

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:09 am

People bitch endlessly about Claremont being past his prime and writing hokey x-men stories. In fact, your Superboy review reads like many a review of X-Men Forever :P

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:11 am

thefourthman wrote:People bitch endlessly about Claremont being past his prime and writing hokey x-men stories. In fact, your Superboy review reads like many a review of X-Men Forever :P

We're all hypocrites, obviously.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:20 am

I never made those accusations! In fact, I seem to remember saying one issue wasn't that bad.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:34 am

thefourthman wrote:I never made those accusations! In fact, I seem to remember saying one issue wasn't that bad.

Oh, um, right, okay.

Inner Monologue wrote:YOU WROTE A DR SEUSS POEM FOR A REVIEW!

/Lemiredialog'd

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:38 am

Jude Terror wrote:
No it isn't. Liking things that are hokey and corny is called "ironically awesome" and is the hallmark of the hipster. Not liking those things is called taste.

I don't think that people who like Superboy are doing it ironically, it's not like he's from the Silver-Age, he's from like 1992, which is too recent to be 'hokey'. And his current incarnation is even more recent, if he was still in his leather jacket, round shades and fade haircut, then maybe you'd have a point, but there's nothing ironic about Superboy post-Johns.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:39 am

Punchy wrote:
I don't think that people who like Superboy are doing it ironically, it's not like he's from the Silver-Age, he's from like 1992, which is too recent to be 'hokey'. And his current incarnation is even more recent, if he was still in his leather jacket, round shades and fade haircut, then maybe you'd have a point, but there's nothing ironic about Superboy post-Johns.

The comic book features a Superman dog.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:41 am

Jude Terror wrote:
The comic book features a Superman dog.

Krypto has been in loads of comics ever since he came back, he's popular, he had his own cartoon for kids, are those children hipsters?

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:42 am

Jude Terror wrote:
Oh, um, right, okay.

/Lemiredialog'd

My vitrol is more entertaining (and more honest) than yours.
I think this is just payback for writing that glowing Earth One review. The Marvel Fanboy in you has been ill for days.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:44 am

Punchy wrote:
Krypto has been in loads of comics ever since he came back, he's popular, he had his own cartoon for kids, are those children hipsters?

Super. Dog.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:45 am

Jude Terror wrote:

Super. Dog.

okay...TWIGG :roll: :lol:

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:48 am

thefourthman wrote:okay...TWIGG :roll: :lol:

I'm honored to be in such excellent company. But this isn't about animal characters, I could give a shit less about that. It's about taking a popular concept, Superman, and creating various versions of Superman, but one's a girl, and one's a boy, and one's a fucking dog. A fucking dog, man.

And the name Superboy is just kinda pedoerotic in any case.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:55 am

Spider-Man, Spider-Girl, Arana, Spider-Ham, Venom....

Wolverine - DAken "DArk Wolverine", Sabretooth, X23

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:56 am

Deadpool, lady deadpool, kidpool, dogpool, fuck "head"pool

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:07 pm

thefourthman wrote:Spider-Man, Spider-Girl, Arana, Spider-Ham, Venom....

Wolverine - DAken "DArk Wolverine", Sabretooth, X23

Those are all lame.

leave a comment with facebook