Saturday, October 1, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not Bleeding Cool!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 248 - AMERICAN VAMPIRE #8

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:26 pm

starlord wrote:good review Punch. Where is everyone? I've seen barely any reviews for this book and this one is REALLY GOOD!

American Vampire ain't on my pull list. I might review Hellboy next week, but a Dark Avengers: Ares #1 review is more likely to appear.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:39 pm

Off to the shop on Thursday, if a download appears between now and then I'll review. It was a great choice though, the book has been superb.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:57 pm

starlord wrote:good review Punch. Where is everyone? I've seen barely any reviews for this book and this one is REALLY GOOD!

As ever, when we're told to stop the drama, the thread slows down, like it or not, drama fuels reviews, with people posting positive reviews in response to negativity and vice versa.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:46 pm

I got a positive review coming up either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Punchy wrote:
As ever, when we're told to stop the drama, the thread slows down, like it or not, drama fuels reviews, with people posting positive reviews in response to negativity and vice versa.

What drama?

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:16 pm

when was the drama told to be stopped? You're all a bunch of queers, especially Starlord.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
What drama?

Fourthman's Hellboy drama.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:04 pm

Punchy wrote:
Fourthman's Hellboy drama.

I've been very busy this week, I don't think I ever understood what those little CGI animals were arguing over.

All I know is, Richard Corben=win.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:26 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:when was the drama told to be stopped? You're all a bunch of queers, especially Starlord.

oh sure, call me names in front of your friends but I'm always your big daddy when you're bouncing on my lap. :roll:

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:56 pm

starlord wrote:

oh sure, call me names in front of your friends but I'm always your big daddy when you're bouncing on my lap. :roll:

I'm not the one that can barely sit down.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:57 pm

I post a review tomorrow some time, been busy with convention and all.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:56 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
I'm not the one that can barely sit down.

:shock: :o

HERE'S YOUR DRAMA YOU BASTARD!!!!

Postby ****** » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:45 am

starlord wrote:
:shock: :o

HERE'S YOUR DRAMA YOU BASTARD!!!!

You call me sick for objectifying women in the other thread, but here you are making light of violence against them. Mixed messages mister!

Postby ****** » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:51 pm

American Vampire #8

You know the old saying about every issue being someone's first? Well this was my first issue of American Vampire and yeahbuhwah? This isn't new reader friendly at all. Not that there was any expectation on my part that it would be, the third issue of a series' second arc isn't typically a good jumping on point for any comic.

While I was able to get a general sense of why this might be an interesting comic there wasn't enough background information being provided for me to gain any context for any of the scenes or characters. At least if I do go back and start reading the series in collected form, this didn't make enough sense for it to have spoiled anything.

The art was cool and it set a good tone. Albuquerque seems to be channeling a bit of Yu here which I don't remember from the last time I picked up a comic with his art but I liked it.

This is a tough comic to judge with no prior knowledge of the series. I still plan to eventually read it in trades, but this issue didn't inspire a desire to run out and pick it up sooner than I would have otherwise.

Story: 5
Art: 8
Overall: 6.5

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 pm

John Snow wrote:
You call me sick for objectifying women in the other thread, but here you are making light of violence against them. Mixed messages mister!

women should be respected and smacked. Have you not read the book: "How to Achieve the Perfect Relationship" by Dr. Henry Pym?

leave a comment with facebook