Advertisement

What should we review next week in the review group?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Which One...

Poll ended at Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Vampirella #1
No votes

Stan Lee's The Traveller #1
38%

b.lumpkin, Benderbrau, bkthomson, Doc Jon, Dragavon, eltopo, Frag, misac, oogy, prozacman, S.F. Jude Terror, Strict31, Thunderstorm
Astonishing Thor #1
3%

Flynn the Pirate
Feeding Ground #1
No votes

Batwoman #0
45%

******, Amoebas, Chris, Chubbles, doombug, GLX, guitarsmashley, Hermit_Sage, KING King Impulse, Miracloman, nietoperz, outsider, pastajoe, SilverPhoenix, Starlord, Stephen Day, Victorian Squid, Zero
Firebreather Holmgang #1
3%

Greg
Kull: Hate the Witch #1
5%

Eli Katz, thefourthman
Detective Comics #871
3%

Kerny
Batman And Robin #17
5%

Fintan, Punchy

Total votes : 40

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 46 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

What should we review next week in the review group?

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:54 pm

What should we review next week in the review group?Thefourthman has this week's pick and his head hurts from an obnoxious cold, so he's opening up his pick to the entire Outhouse.  Come on over to the forums and vote.

The old tryant wants me to pick. I am torn. So here are the options...

Vampirella #1 - "Dynamite Entertainment is pleased to reintroduce readers to the scourge of the undead: VAMPIRELLA, and she is all that stands between us and the end of the world! Vampi’s back and hot on the corpse-strewn trail of her nemesis, Vlad Dracula. It’s a darker world for Vampirella, and something more sinister than vampires lurks in the shadows, something even Dracula himself has cause to fear... Written by Eric Trautmann (THE SHIELD, ACTION COMICS) and illustrated by Wagner Reis (PROJECT SUPERPOWERS). AS A BONUS FEATURE-A rare story by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale!"

Stan Lee’s The Traveller #1 - "STAN’S BACK! The Publishing Event of the Year! Stan Lee, the most colossal force in the history of comics, teams up with BOOM! Studios to deliver a brand new line of superhero comics! The great innovator of our industry brings his inimitable talents back to the direct market in an explosive line of comics that nobody is prepared for! In this second ongoing series, The Traveler, Stan teams up with critically acclaimed writer Mark Waid (Irredeemable, Kingdom Come) and fan-favorite artist Chad Hardin (Age of Heroes, Amazing Spider-Man) to bring you a man out of time! The mysterious hero known only as The Traveler battles the forces of evil in a time-bending thriller that finds all of history - and the future - hanging in the balance! Rewrite history this November with Stan Lee and BOOM! Studios!"

Astonishing Thor #1 - "Waves are but water, wind but air. And though lightning be fire... IT MUST ANSWER THUNDER’S CALL.’ The God of Thunder finds himself battling a mysterious surge of natural catastrophes - hurricanes, tidal waves, earthquakes. At first, the Son of Odin suspects Zephyr, immortal mistress of the winds, but soon he finds that the climactic upheaval must be attributed to a much larger force...EGO, THE LIVING PLANET! From ROBERT RODI and MIKE CHOI! Spinning out of the destruction of Asgard, ASTONISHING THOR is an out-of-this-world adventure-where the entire universe hangs in the balance!"

Firebreather Holmgang #1 - NOW A STUNNING TV MOVIE FROM CARTOON NETWORK! In this all-new series our monstrous hero, Duncan Rosenblatt, deals with not only losing his father but with keeping his father’s death a secret, even from his mother. But Duncan’s mysterious extended family may not let him keep that secret-or his life-much longer.

Feeding Ground #1 - "This new series is ripped right out of the real-life drama unfolding on the Mexico-Arizona border. FEEDING GROUND reaches a large and diverse audience no matter tour personal POV on the issue. In this factious story, a famine caused by Blackwell Industries drives Diego Busqueda, a noble ""coyote,"" to lead a band of Mexican border crossers across the unforgiving Devil’s Highway, a desert cursed with blistering days and deadly nights. Back home, Diego’s daughter Flaca discovers that something hungrier prowls the factory fields. Stalked and persecuted, can the Busqueda family maintain their dreams of immigration or will the horrors of the desert tear them apart? Also included is 24 pages of bonus content in Spanish!"

Kull Hate The Witch #1 - "Critically acclaimed comics scribe David Lapham (Stray Bullets) pens the next adventure of the great barbarian King Kull! The stoic Kull presides over a kingdom on the edge of revolution. Enter the Hate Witch-an ancient enemy eager to use Kull to destroy the great city of Valusia and with it, the whole of humanity. A string of murderers and noblemen looking to overthrow the king forces Kull to return to the land of his exile-Atlantis. Gabriel Guzman (Predators) illustrates this epic tale that tests King Kull’s mettle as ruler of all Valusia, and reintroduces readers to Brule, Tu, and Queen Igraine."

Detective Comics #871 - "Up-and-coming writer Scott Snyder (AMERICAN VAMPIRE) and acclaimed artist Jock (THE LOSERS) make their debut as the new ONGOING creative team of DETECTIVE COMICS! In ’The Black Mirror’ part 1 of 3, a series of brutal murders pushes Batman’s detective skills to the limit and forces him to confront one of Gotham City’s oldest evils.
Plus, in the start of a COMMISSIONER GORDON second feature also written by Scott Snyder, when a figure from the past returns to Gotham, Jim Gordon must face some of his darkest demons. Featuring art by Francesco Francavilla (GARRISON)."

Batwoman #0 - "Featuring a unique story composition that combines the art of Eisner Award-winner J.H. Williams III (DETECTIVE COMICS, PROMETHEA) and Amy Reeder (MADAME XANADU), this special #0 issue acts as a new introduction into the life of Batwoman! Things pick up roughly where the BATWOMAN: ELEGY HC left off, and this issue acts as a primer for the upcoming new series featuring multiple award-winning creators!"

Batman And Robin #17 - "Dick and Damian head into the murky depths of Bruce Wayne’s past to protect him from whoever has stolen the corpse of his old girlfriend, Una Nemo. Join them as they move from an empty grave to the flaming fingers to the Night Wedding - and meet a mad, gory new villain known as The Absence!"

Poll closes Sunday!

Written or Contributed by: LOLtron

http://173.199.169.70/index.php/news/comics-news/11377-what-should-we-review-next-week-in-the-review-group.html/
Last edited by thefourthman on Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: JFusion Discussion Bot UPDATE

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: What should we review next week in the review group?

Postby Punchy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:05 pm

Anything apart from Batwoman.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:06 pm

The only comic on the list I'm already buying, and the one I think will be the bestest is Detective Comics. Batwoman is my #2 choice.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Punchy wrote:Anything apart from Batwoman.

RACIST!

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:10 pm

It's like a Pig Race, but not at all.

Batwoman by a million bazillion miles.

How can anyone not want to read a comic where JH Williams III and Amy Reeder Hadley are collaborating on the art?

Plus Elegy was awesome and I want the Rucka-less ongoing series to be awesome too.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:11 pm

John Snow wrote:It's like a Pig Race, but not at all.

Batwoman by a million bazillion miles.

How can anyone not want to read a comic where JH Williams III and Amy Reeder Hadley are collaborating on the art?

Plus Elegy was awesome and I want the Rucka-less ongoing series to be awesome too.

cause they are a racist facist asshole.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 659 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:11 pm

BOOM would probably appreciate it if we did The Traveler and would likely link to the group in their blog and tweet it and stuff, so I vote that.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:13 pm

Jude Terror wrote:BOOM would probably appreciate it if we did The Traveler and would likely link to the group in their blog and tweet it and stuff, so I vote that.

slurp slurp slurp. nom nom nom. (don't forget to swallow!)

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:14 pm

Jude Terror wrote:BOOM would probably appreciate it if we did The Traveler and would likely link to the group in their blog and tweet it and stuff, so I vote that.

Stop being a whore and vote for Batwoman, please.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:14 pm

thefourthman wrote:slurp slurp slurp. nom nom nom. (don't forget to swallow!)

Chip Mosher is a handsome fella.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:17 pm

Jude Terror wrote:
Chip Mosher is a handsome fella.

So is Ross Ritchie. I still voted for the book starring the hot lesbian in leather and that is from Jeph Loeb's biggest fan!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:19 pm

thefourthman wrote:So is Ross Ritchie. I still voted for the book starring the hot lesbian in leather and that is from Jeph Loeb's biggest fan!

Name a time when your obsession with lesbians hasn't ended in shame and internet heartbreak and I'll change my vote.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:20 pm

Jude Terror wrote:
Name a time when your obsession with lesbians hasn't ended in shame and internet heartbreak and I'll change my vote.

Ann (the local hot lesbian) works for us now and promised me a hand job first shift we work together!

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 115 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:21 pm

Traveller

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:21 pm

thefourthman wrote:Ann (the local hot lesbian) works for us now and promised me a hand job first shift we work together!

There's no way I believe that.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand