Advertisement

Secret Invasion #4 (SPOILERS!!!!!!)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:48 pm

GLX wrote:The Phoenix is it's own seperate entity. If the Skrulls had control over that, the invasion would be quick and painless. It was probably a imitation of the Phoenix, power wise.

I know, it just seems like a weird thing to even attempt to pass off.

Advertisement

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 273 posts

Postby doombug » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:50 pm

twoheads wrote:Yeah, but if that had really been Jean Grey Natasha wouldn't have even gotten a shot off. I mean, if the Skrulls really have a clone of Jean AND she has the Phoenix Force then that's game over. I don't understand why they felt the need to include her, it's silly.

Sadly we seem to be having issues following what the new batch of superskrulls can do, as witnessed by MI13's troop. The skrulls there as pretty powerful.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:57 pm

twoheads wrote:I know, it just seems like a weird thing to even attempt to pass off.

I don't think it was something they were trying to pass off. Anyone old enough to reconize that costume, is old enough to fall into an age group in which the facts about the Phoenix Force are generally well known.

I think this knowledge is something that was being counted on.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:37 pm

Stephen Day wrote:I don't think it was something they were trying to pass off. Anyone old enough to reconize that costume, is old enough to fall into an age group in which the facts about the Phoenix Force are generally well known.

I think this knowledge is something that was being counted on.

Jean also wore that costume and re-took the codename Phoenix around the time of Claremont's second run (the Neo...ugh), so it's entirely possible they weren't trying to pass her off as THE Phoenix but merely good ol' Jean Grey Phoenix. anything to throw Wolvie off his game...
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

billyzoom666
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby billyzoom666 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:11 pm

twoheads wrote:On that point, is The Hood *supposed* to look exactly like Dr. Strange, or is that just Yu?

So, I just read this last night since I get my books monthly now and I uttered an outloud "Oh Shit". Because I thought The Hood is Dr. Strange. I just figured that Dr. Strange in Avengers is a Skrull and that the real Dr. Strange has been impersonating The Hood for some time (the whole time?). Also, it should be fun watching Thor kick some ass next issue. Overall I thought this was better than #3, but not as good as #1 or #2. We'll see, I'm willing to hold out hope and see how #5 holds up.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand