Advertisement

Review Group Week #250: BATWOMAN #0

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Re: Review Group Week #250: BATWOMAN #0

Postby Starlord » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:53 pm

Daringd wrote:The list of books shipping next week suck....So lets go with Daredevil #512

I'm sorry, I don't believe in superheroes that wear red as their costume, nor do I think it makes sense that in real life a super-hero would be able to do his work and be blind as well. So I will not be participating next week. To do so would be a sham to my whole way of life.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:55 pm

starlord wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't believe in superheroes that wear red as their costume, nor do I think it makes sense that in real life a super-hero would be able to do his work and be blind as well. So I will not be participating next week. To do so would be a sham to my whole way of life.

Is this meant to be making fun of me? Because if so... fail.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 235 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:56 pm

starlord wrote:

Post of the year.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:56 pm

starlord wrote:

What if I wore that costume and came over to your place with a smile on my face and a song in my heart? :?:

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:56 pm

Punchy wrote:
Is this meant to be making fun of me? Because if so... fail.

Of course not! I was doing my impression of Punchy. The fact that Punchy = Fail is just an added bonus. :-D

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:57 pm

GLX wrote:
What if I wore that costume and came over to your place with a smile on my face and a song in my heart? :?:

you'd have to be blind to want to come over. :lol:

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:28 pm

starlord wrote:
you'd have to be blind to want to come over. :lol:

:lol:

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:08 pm

starlord wrote:
Of course not! I was doing my impression of Punchy. The fact that Punchy = Fail is just an added bonus. :-D

Whatevs, I accept that people may think I'm odd for my position on Batwoman, but I'm the kind of person who sticks to their principles.

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:37 pm

Punchy wrote:
Whatevs, I accept that people may think I'm odd for my position on Batwoman, but I'm the kind of person who sticks to their principles.

Being ignorant isn't a principle.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:37 pm

John Snow wrote:
Being ignorant isn't a principle.

I'm not being ignorant, I'm not ignoring Batwoman, I just disapprove of it.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:58 pm

Merriam Wenster wrote:Definition of IGNORANT

1a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics>
b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>
2: unaware, uninformed

excluding definition 1b (well its second clause anyhow), your view (especially considering that everyone who has actually read the book tells you that your opinion of the character is flawed and was formed from a third party who probably had not read anything featuring the character and were furthermore probably just jumping to conclusions that allowed you to also jump to unfounded conclusions and even worse, attribute said third party's actions to a first party player) is a text book definition of the word ignorant, which has nothing to do with ignoring except in a crass sense in relation to the first clause of the second definition.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Hey, it's not like I've never read a comic with Batwoman in it, I've read 52, Final Crisis: Revelations and Batman & Robin #7-9, none of which convinced me the character is worth reading about. I refuse to buy a comic in which she headlines, so to speak.

And even if I did real Elegy and it was actually good, this current book is not written by Greg Rucka, and therefore isn't comparable.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:08 pm

oh wait, my principles didn't stop me from reading this and that.... wait, what were they again?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:15 pm

thefourthman wrote:oh wait, my principles didn't stop me from reading this and that.... wait, what were they again?

To never buy a comic in which Batwoman is the main character.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 129 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:18 pm

DD #512 seems like an endcap to the Shadowland story or whatever, which I haven't even followed in spoilers. That plus the $4 pricetag and the fact that many people who rarely post reviews will probably buy this one means I'm going to skip next week. I don't want anyone to think I have any principles though.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand