Advertisement

Review Group Week #251: DAREDEVIL #512

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 355 posts
Title: Self Important

Re: Review Group Week #251: DAREDEVIL #512

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:04 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
Charles Soule (who we've interviewed on the site) will be very happy to see that news. I was planning on taking a break from Front Page Review Sabbatical to review 27.

I didn't know anything about this book but it looks really good and is obviously will get some serious attention.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:15 pm

Amoebas wrote:Nah, I've settled.

Was going to take R.E.B.E.L.S. because it's a great book and everyone should be reading it - but it's a part 3 and that wouldn't work.

So I go with my 3rd option...

Booster Gold #39
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Forced to face the reality that his best friend Ted Kord is never coming back from the dead, Booster Gold withdraws from reality

Wow I love that cover. Thank you by the way. Very kind of you.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:18 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
I didn't know anything about this book but it looks really good and is obviously will get some serious attention.

27 was on the MGS radar months ago.

I kind of think the preview that was up on BC last week looked like balls though.

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:40 pm

I'm not reading it. John Stewart isn't in it, therefore against my principals.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

SilverPhoenix
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Harbinger of the Ponypocalyse
Formerly: Lord Solaris, Discord

Postby SilverPhoenix » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:13 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:
I think we should figure out a way to play the game online in the thread.

Do we have a chat board?

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 355 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:30 pm

John Snow wrote:
27 was on the MGS radar months ago.

I kind of think the preview that was up on BC last week looked like balls though.

I don't know what any of that means.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 277 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:49 pm

I couldn't remember what the pick was when I went to the comic shop so here's a review of Daredevil #512 that's really a review of Heroes for Hire #1:

First off, I love seeing the characters on the cover. Seeing Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Elektra, and the rest on Daredevil #512 actually made me somewhat excited for this series.

As for the issue itself, Daredevil #512 was decent. I enjoyed Marco Checchetto's somewhat realistic, somewhat cartoonish art. It's definitely improved since the last time I've seen his art. The story was alright with some good guest stars/possible stars but, overall, I'll need to see more. I like the last page reveal but I don't think it's gonna last longer than an arc (if Daredevil survives past that).

I like this concept being applied to Daredevil and the creative team ain't too bad but I'll need to check out the trade when it comes out to see if I want to read this series beyond Daredevil #512.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:49 pm

God, I've reviewed most of the Shadowland tie-in issues of this comic so I'll just give my score and call it a day.

7.5* out of 10*

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:01 am

john lewis hawk wrote:I couldn't remember what the pick was when I went to the comic shop so here's a review of Daredevil #512 that's really a review of Heroes for Hire #1:

First off, I love seeing the characters on the cover. Seeing Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Elektra, and the rest on Daredevil #512 actually made me somewhat excited for this series.

As for the issue itself, Daredevil #512 was decent. I enjoyed Marco Checchetto's somewhat realistic, somewhat cartoonish art. It's definitely improved since the last time I've seen his art. The story was alright with some good guest stars/possible stars but, overall, I'll need to see more. I like the last page reveal but I don't think it's gonna last longer than an arc (if Daredevil survives past that).

I like this concept being applied to Daredevil and the creative team ain't too bad but I'll need to check out the trade when it comes out to see if I want to read this series beyond Daredevil #512.

:lol:
You've confused me because I would have given that Daredevil #512 a 9.5.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 29 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:09 pm

I've been doing a lot of comic cataloging over the last few weeks. It's been sort this, catalog that. Put these into the active boxes and move these to the inactives. The cool thing about doing this is that you get a chance to see what exactly you've been pissing your money away on over the last few years. Sometimes, it's well worth the money spent. Annihilation and Captain Britain and MI13 are all examples of books that I had no problem spending money on even though the likelihood of me ever seeing a return on my "investment" (bear with the banker speak, it's become second nature). Then there's the shit books that I wish I could take a time machine and either take out of my pull box before it ever got there or somehow convince the writers as a teen that it was a poor idea. Luckily, there exists online buyers to shockingly buy this crap so I can at least reduce some of the bulk that's accumulating in my apartment before the misses kills me due to all the junk.

Daredevil #512 falls into the latter category. It's not that this was the worst book I've read by any means. Compared to some of the turds in my "collection", this is practically a Picasso. However, it's not exactly good either. It's a bookend to a terrible event that showed promise before it took a Hancock-esque left turn. The art was okay in spots, but terrible in others. The only bright spot was the arrival of Black Panther. If this is what every issue of Daredevil's been like, then it's probably a good thing that T'Challa is about to show up and kick some ass. So, goodbye Daredevil #512. Have fun at your new home in Texas.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:12 pm

MCS is awesome sometimes. :lol:

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:13 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:MCS is awesome sometimes. :lol:

They just bought my Amazons Attack, so yeah they are.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:15 pm

we should all be getting referral credits for as much publicity as we give that place.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:we should all be getting referral credits for as much publicity as we give that place.

Go to MCS, they buy the comics you regret buying, especially the ones you regret instantly!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:19 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
Go to MCS, they buy the comics you regret buying, especially the ones you regret instantly!

Good, but we should probably spell out mycomicshop.com each time in one o' those fancy hyperlinks.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand