Thursday, May 26, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "The number two comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Review Group Week #251: DAREDEVIL #512

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:29 pm

I get all my indy stuff in trades. With other stuff....I'm not interested in coming into a book mid-run or forking out more money for. Its more or less why I drift in and out of this thread when there's LONG runs where the books are stuff I don't get and then other times it is stuff I get which results in me sticking around for a while.

While a book may be good and worth checking out, doesn't mean people will do it due to primarily 2 things: $$$ and hesitation at picking up something new over a more familiar name brand. That IMO is why Daredevil got that many reviews over those indy books that are pointed out. Yea it sucks, but there's rational reasons for deciding to not commit to picking up something despite the praise it gets.

Then there's gratuitous stuff like Batwoman with provocative covers that sicken me.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
OK I lie, I just decided when Rucka left the character so would I.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:30 pm

Punchy wrote:
I've met lesbians, I went to University in the Gay capital of the UK, of course I've met lesbians.

Don't try and reduce me down to some kind of bigot when I'm clearly not!

Well what can I say, you're marketed that way. The review of you by thefourthman I read in USA Today or somewhere featured it prominently. :smt102

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:
Well what can I say, you're marketed that way. The review of you by thefourthman I read in USA Today or somewhere featured it prominently. :smt102

Haha, well done.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:33 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
The drama is just a concentrated version of the Outhouse drama, but it does occasionally get crazy. Luckily, Punchy and fourthy tend to take each other's commentary in stride, which is the root of a lot of the arguing. Not all of it, but a good chunk of it. (cue Fourthy yelling at me for claiming he causes drama)

Kenmore Komics is closest to my parents' house, but I really don't like it as much as my one down here.

And if anyone ever comes up with a suggestion on how to better the process of Review Group, let me know. I think it's pretty good, but I'll always be down with hearing new ideas out.

I liked Kenmore enough (great back issue selection) but its too far away to be a weekly trip for me

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:33 pm

I've never got the drama complaint really, it's not like it's ever that serious.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:34 pm

Also, back on topic, was anyone else as pleased by the lettering as I was on those last 2 pages, or am I just a weirdo?

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:42 pm

Punchy wrote:Also, back on topic, was anyone else as pleased by the lettering as I was on those last 2 pages, or am I just a weirdo?

Since I didn't actually purchase, I can't remember what you're referring to.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:

Read my review, the captions used for Matt's inner monologue were the same as used throughout Brubaker's run.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:45 pm

Punchy wrote:
Read my review, the captions used for Matt's inner monologue were the same as used throughout Brubaker's run.

It's true I haven't read all the reviews yet, this book was hard to get excited about.

Postby ****** » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:03 pm

Punchy wrote:Maybe I was just right about Batwoman? Didja think about that huh?

:P

There were 15 reviews and it scored over 8. In what context were you "right" exactly? :?

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:46 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:

You fucking criminal.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:47 pm

John Snow wrote:
There were 15 reviews and it scored over 8. In what context were you "right" exactly? :?

In every context.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm

Eli Katz wrote:You fucking criminal.

No one in the LCS minded. But I hope you'll go perform citizen's arrests on all the deadbeats in Barnes & Noble who aren't even buying anything. I'll keep an eye out for you on the news.

Postby ****** » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Punchy wrote:
In every context.

You're going to have to name one.

/inciting drama'd

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:18 pm

John Snow wrote:
Last issue is super late.

Not really Vertigo's fault though, Morrison didn't turn in the script until the last week of November.

:cry:

leave a comment with facebook