Advertisement

Review Group Week #252: BOOSTER GOLD #39

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: Review Group Week #252: BOOSTER GOLD #39

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:29 pm

I get to be Jin? Awesome.

Now if only I could have a better Sun.

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:30 pm

John Snow wrote:Yeah, that's just a question of having someone willing both buy the comic and mail it out.

When we did Locke & Key I sent my copy to 48 and he later sent it on to Yoni. When we did Kill Shakespeare I sent mine to Chubbles and iirc the same week Squid offered out multiple copies and didn't get any takers. :smt102

I've still got a copy of Teen Titans (and Batwoman now too, I guess) for Punchy, but he refuses to accept delivery.

I never said that, PM me.

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:31 pm

Bluestreak is there anything you could be doing to pay homage to the older leaders of the group who contributed so much?

Like how Marvel does with the "presented by Stan Lee" something like that for whoever came up with the review group.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 29 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:42 pm

Always Right wrote:Bluestreak is there anything you could be doing to pay homage to the older leaders of the group who contributed so much?

Like how Marvel does with the "presented by Stan Lee" something like that for whoever came up with the review group.

Well, I know that we had yoni, John Snow and Punch as Tyrants. Is there anyone else you had in mind? I'm starting to look at our five year anniversary stuff and what to do with it.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:43 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
Well, I know that we had yoni, John Snow and Punch as Tyrants. Is there anyone else you had in mind? I'm starting to look at our five year anniversary stuff and what to do with it.

TBH I just want the title to be Twigglet presents Review Group Week #252: BOOSTER GOLD #39.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:47 pm

Always Right wrote:
TBH I just want the title to be Twigglet presents Review Group Week #252: BOOSTER GOLD #39.

I didn't realize you were a tyrant in the past. :P

Unfortunately, I don't think that it'd be exactly fair to Ameobas, who already had one pick vetoed, to have his second pick being credited to another poster. Now if you wanted to rejoin, we could definitely add your name to the Thread title when your week came around. It certainly would garner the unique hits.

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:48 pm

Always Right wrote:Bluestreak is there anything you could be doing to pay homage to the older leaders of the group who contributed so much?

Nobody here even knows who Thudpucker at the Bendis Boards is. :wink:

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:49 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
I didn't realize you were a tyrant in the past. :P

Unfortunately, I don't think that it'd be exactly fair to Ameobas, who already had one pick vetoed, to have his second pick being credited to another poster. Now if you wanted to rejoin, we could definitely add your name to the Thread title when your week came around. It certainly would garner the unique hits.

Oh no, I don't mean just for this week. I mean forever. I made this group, I CAN END THIS GROUP IF I WANTED
:wink:

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:50 pm

John Snow wrote:
Nobody here even knows who Thudpucker at the Bendis Boards is. :wink:

:lol:

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:53 pm

And just because I had to go over there to remember who that was, holy crap is the BenBo RG boring! OH RG Drama FTW! Even with the drama, we still post way more reviews. Our Batwoman week had 15 to their 'Tec week's 2.

And for anyone who thinks sticking with the original pick format was wrong (BenBo RG picks each week via poll) they've done 4 of the last 6 issues of Batman and Robin. :lol:

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Always Right wrote:
Oh no, I don't mean just for this week. I mean forever. I made this group, I CAN END THIS GROUP IF I WANTED
:wink:

I'll tell you what, if you can convince my fiancee to a) start supporting my new position as Review Group Tyrant, b) understand that the three to four dollars for a Review Group copy of a comic to be sent around to various members to encourage more people to review books on a regular basis is a solid investment and c) start reviewing the books herself, I will consider it payment for a full year's worth of Twigglet Presents advertising on the Review Group OP, plus Thread Title rights to any pick that week's picker consents to, with a minimum guarantee of three plus the anniversary thread.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:57 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
I'll tell you what, if you can convince my fiancee to a) start supporting my new position as Review Group Tyrant, b) understand that the three to four dollars for a Review Group copy of a comic to be sent around to various members to encourage more people to review books on a regular basis is a solid investment and c) start reviewing the books herself, I will consider it payment for a full year's worth of Twigglet Presents advertising on the Review Group OP, plus Thread Title rights to any pick that week's picker consents to, with a minimum guarantee of three plus the anniversary thread.

Right, I'll asked her next time she comes around.

HEY-O!

No but seriously, congrats on the fiancee. Now does she post here? I'm on a mission now.

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:58 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
I didn't realize you were a tyrant in the past.

:shock: :o

Twigg: 1-18
Punchy: 19-34
Yoni: 35-104
Sire: 105-158
Snow: 159-249
BS: 250-

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:02 pm

John Snow wrote:
:shock: :o

Twigg: 1-18
Punchy: 19-34
Yoni: 35-104
Sire: 105-158
Snow: 159-249
BS: 250-

I am the Roy Thomas to Twigg's Stan Lee.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:04 pm

I'll review this once I've had a chance to get out and Byrne it. I'm trying ot review every week until my terrible choice comes up.

Also, Week #260 is coming and will be my first big RG anniversary week, I hope our latest tyrant has something up his sleeve.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand