Sunday, September 25, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Yellow journalism at its finest."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Best Batman trades.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:38 pm

Zero wrote:I put it to you that it is not the book but you sir that fails.

:smt075

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:29 pm

Ordered Dark Victory today. Hope its at least as good as LH.

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:16 am

I read Dark Victory, Its very similar to Long Halloween. Too similar IMO. Maybe they would have read better if I hadn't read them both back to back. Not bad though, worth reading. After reading, this, LH, and Hush you see that all of Leob's Batman stories are the same, Batman arc where every villian is used, often focusing on a villian issue by issue. And Batman doesn't really figure out the true killers at all, or until its too late.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:18 am

The Amazing Aaron_W wrote: Maybe they would have read better if I hadn't read them both back to back.

That's how I read them, almost as one long story. Perhaps that's why I like them so much.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:18 am

The Amazing Aaron_W wrote:After reading, this, LH, and Hush you see that all of Leob's Batman stories are the same

toldja.

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:37 am

nietoperz wrote:That's how I read them, almost as one long story. Perhaps that's why I like them so much.

At times though didn't it seem like DH was just a rehash of LH? At least in terms of story technique, he pretty much lays it out exactly the same way.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:57 am

Yeah, and Hush was just one more trip to that well, but not written nearly as skillfully.

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:05 am

Hush is a big drop off from LH/DV

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:28 pm

Zero wrote:Yeah, and Hush was just one more trip to that well, but not written nearly as skillfully.
I agree though I do like Hush the best out of the non-pre-established villains. Can't wait to see what Dini does with the character.

leave a comment with facebook