Advertisement

I need your opinion on a couple of titles...

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Big Dog
Flying Mongoose

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Big Dog » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:29 pm

Shady wrote:$35 for the volume 1 omnibus and it covers 1-25. There was a ton of other Crossgen that interested me but i never got into...Ruse, Way of the Rat etc. but Sojourn was the title that really stood out if I was ever to collect a title from them.

The Path was a solid read too...and it featured slick Bart Sears art at the top of his game.
bigdogsstudio: gmail, blogspot, devART, twitter, instagram, tumblr, google+
New online store: sketchbooks & commissions: http://bigdogsstudio.bigcartel.com

Advertisement

Shady
cheese

Postby Shady » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:46 pm

misac wrote:Who's printing that omnibus? When is is due? I've always wanted to read this.

I read Route 666 v.1, Way of the Rat v.1, and seven issues of Scion from Crossgen. I enjoyed them all but it was hard to get a hold of their stuff for me back then.

it's under Checker Books which was solicited in the latest previews. So sometime in October it will be out.

Daniel
Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:47 pm

I read the thread title as "I need help with a couple of titties" :lol:
starlord wrote::shock: That's the first time paper has ever given me an erection!

Shady
cheese

Postby Shady » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:48 pm

twoheads wrote:I think the writing is a lot more inspired on the Avatar books and he's clearly more motivated to write them than his for hire stuff.

with the amount of projects he's doing there he's clearly possesed. He definitely loves to paint his own house :lol:

Shady
cheese

Postby Shady » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:49 pm

Big Dog wrote:The Path was a solid read too...and it featured slick Bart Sears art at the top of his game.

that and Way of the Rat also comes to mind.

Shady
cheese

Postby Shady » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Daniel wrote:I read the thread title as "I need help with a couple of titties" :lol:

:lol: I had to check the title 'cause I wouldn't put it past me. yaaay another NSFW thread!!

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 174 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:51 pm

Big Dog wrote:The Path was a solid read too...and it featured slick Bart Sears art at the top of his game.

too bad his game is tiddly-winks. i've just NEVER been a Sears fan.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 171 posts

Postby misac » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:08 pm

I remember the previews from Wizard, it looked great.

DCBS doesn't have the stuff for October yet. I wrote it down on my list so I don't forget.

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Postby toolverine » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:52 pm

Sojourn was pretty good. I would say that for the fact that it's an unfinished story, it's not the greatest. Sigil was probably the best Crossgen book overall.

jza1218

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby jza1218 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:08 pm

toolverine wrote:Sojourn was pretty good. I would say that for the fact that it's an unfinished story, it's not the greatest. Sigil was probably the best Crossgen book overall.

My favorite was Scion. Ron Marz and Jimmy Cheung. What's not to love?

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:56 pm

I loved Sojourn as long as Marz and Land were on it. When Edgington came on, that's when I left. The synergy was gone for me and I moved on to other books. So I highly recommend this book only for so long as Marz was writing it.

As for Anna Mercury, I flipped through it because it was Warren Ellis. But I just don't jibe with his Avatar stuff as I do with his mainstream stuff. So I don't have much to say about that one.

The only Avatar stuff of Ellis's I tried was Strange Killings. Started off okay and got progressively, and aggressively, weirder. Kinda turned me off him for a while.

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:58 pm

Daniel wrote:I read the thread title as "I need help with a couple of titties" :lol:
Anyone who needs help with titties doesn't deserve to be anywhere near them. :smt018

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand