Friday, May 6, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Brought to you by the lowest bidder!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:57 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:Jude needs to code Review Group polls so only members of the Review Group can vote for this shit.

It would be easier to ban Jimmy.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:58 pm

GHERU wrote:was 0 always an option?
if so, how is that a gift?
if it was 1-10 before and now its 0-10, its only fair to allow an 11


I thought 0 was an option, but there's been a change of management.
User avatar

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:Jude needs to code Review Group polls so only members of the Review Group can vote for this shit.

I understand what you are saying, but, IMO, this would just make this group seem even more unapproachable than it already does
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:59 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
I can't go and change the pick when the masses have spoken. The only way I can think of to rectify this is moving forward to only count votes of Review Groupers.

The Bluestreak reign, when the RG becomes an exclusive club. :shock:
User avatar

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:59 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:
I thought 0 was an option, but there's been a change of management.

if 0 was always an option I take back my objection
but, 0's from people who refuse to read the book - that can't be considered fair play, can it?
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:59 pm

John Snow wrote:
This isn't about punishing you Jimmy, it's about not punishing the rest of us.


Stop calling me Jimmy unless you want me to start calling you Perry White!
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:00 pm

GHERU wrote:I understand what you are saying, but, IMO, this would just make this group seem even more unapproachable than it already does




Really? Because I'm sick to shit of non-members who do nothing but bitch about the group regarding some review group thread they read and didn't like 8 months ago voting in the polls.

Those people can approach the edge of a cliff for all I care.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:01 pm

GHERU wrote:if 0 was always an option I take back my objection
but, 0's from people who refuse to read the book - that can't be considered fair play, can it?


Who here has said they would refuse to read it? Has anyone ever actually reviewed a book without reading it?
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:02 pm

GHERU wrote:if 0 was always an option I take back my objection
but, 0's from people who refuse to read the book - that can't be considered fair play, can it?


Nah, I think people should read the book to have the right to complain or score lower. Similarly, I think they should review books and be a member to vote in our polls to select books. We don't let non-members select books individually, why should they have a vote in what is merely a collective selection??
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:04 pm

noone wrote:The Bluestreak reign, when the RG becomes an exclusive club. :shock:


How is it exclusive? If someone wants to join, they submit a review! For the purpose of the poll, I suppose if someone states their intent to review, that would be good enough for me.

And as for the zero, it has not been an option except for special occasions. I deem that this Holiday Season is one. In the rule of fair play, I'll allow the use of elevens too, for this one week only.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:
Nah, I think people should read the book to have the right to complain or score lower. Similarly, I think they should review books and be a member to vote in our polls to select books. We don't let non-members select books individually, why should they have a vote in what is merely a collective selection??

because one of the goals of a poll is to get new members.
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Punchy wrote:
Stop calling me Jimmy unless you want me to start calling you Perry White!


Great Caesar's ghost!
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Oh fuck it.

Score however you want. If it's an integer, it's fair play.

******

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:06 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
I can't go and change the pick when the masses have spoken. The only way I can think of to rectify this is moving forward to only count votes of Review Groupers.


Also including votes of those who vow to review also, obv, even though teases like bkthompson make such promises and never do.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:07 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
How is it exclusive? If someone wants to join, they submit a review! For the purpose of the poll, I suppose if someone states their intent to review, that would be good enough for me.

And as for the zero, it has not been an option except for special occasions. I deem that this Holiday Season is one. In the rule of fair play, I'll allow the use of elevens too, for this one week only.

I can't go and change the pick when the masses have spoken. The only way I can think of to rectify this is moving forward to only count votes of Review Groupers.

Because you are excluding their vote before they have reviewed.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], MSNbot Media and 52 guests