Advertisement

Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27388
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 238 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:08 pm

BlueStreak wrote:Oh fuck it.

Score however you want. If it's an integer, it's fair play.

panderer!
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

Advertisement

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:
I thought 0 was an option, but there's been a change of management.


There hasn't been a zero since Yoni dropped one on Nova #1. Before that some one-timer gave the Batmorrison prose issue a 0 and Yoni another to Franklin Richards. Amato gave the first zero to Uncle Sam.
Last edited by ****** on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 32055
Likes: 111 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:08 pm

noone wrote:because one of the goals of a poll is to get new members.


:roll:
Image

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:10 pm

Punchy wrote:
Stop calling me Jimmy unless you want me to start calling you Perry White!


It would be lutztastic if you changed your name to Jimmy Trollsen for as long as you're using that avatar.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34523
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 109 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Do we really want new members? Most people on this site are even worse then those of us who are already members.

BlueStreak
User avatar
The Red Stands for Irony
 
Posts: 12268
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 35 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:06 pm
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:11 pm

noone wrote:because one of the goals of a poll is to get new members.


If a single new member who voted in the poll actually joins because of this week's poll, I'll reconsider.

The reason I say this is because I'm trying to get my friend to post this week, who's a pretty big Johns fan.
Image

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27388
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 238 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:12 pm

Punchy wrote:Do we really want new members? Most people on this site are even worse then those of us who are already members.

This is the attitude that keeps new members away and drives old members out.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:12 pm

noone wrote:because one of the goals of a poll is to get new members.


People who start the polls should probably say something to that effect in the OP.

Buncha dorkpants in this here thread.

BlueStreak
User avatar
The Red Stands for Irony
 
Posts: 12268
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 35 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:06 pm
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:13 pm

Punchy wrote:Do we really want new members? Most people on this site are even worse then those of us who are already members.


I do. We've had several contributing members join in the last year, including me and SilverPheonix, who people generally respect.

I will argue that the polls have no effect on membership. I will also argue that bickerfests like this probably don't help members to drive, but if you don't like bickering, don't join the Outhouse.
Image

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34523
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 109 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:14 pm

John Snow wrote:
People who start the polls should probably say something to that effect in the OP.

Buncha dorkpants in this here thread.


Fourthman is like the FIFA executive committee!

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27388
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 238 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:15 pm

John Snow wrote:
People who start the polls should probably say something to that effect in the OP.

Buncha dorkpants in this here thread.

Maybe we should stop fucking making rules.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34523
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 109 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:15 pm

noone wrote:This is the attitude that keeps new members away and drives old members out.


Deliberately voting for a comic to piss me off is the sort of thing that drives founding members away.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27388
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 238 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:16 pm

Punchy wrote:
Fourthman is like the FIFA executive committee!

and the american posters say yeah but what?

PLAY A REAL SPORT!
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:18 pm

Punchy wrote:
Fourthman is like the FIFA executive committee!


He's way too cheap to be on a FIFA committee.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27388
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 238 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:19 pm

Punchy wrote:
Deliberately voting for a comic to piss me off is the sort of thing that drives founding members away.

I am sure your "principles" are worse than anything anyone does because of the dumbass things you say.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Yahoo [Bot] and 136 guests

Advertisement