Advertisement

Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:19 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
I do. We've had several contributing members join in the last year, including me and SilverPheonix, who people generally respect.

I will argue that the polls have no effect on membership. I will also argue that bickerfests like this probably don't help members to drive, but if you don't like bickering, don't join the Outhouse.


It's a holiday week, regardless of the pick or bickering there were going to be less than 10 reviews no matter what most likely.

Advertisement

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34445
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 75 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:19 pm

noone wrote:and the american posters say yeah but what?

PLAY A REAL SPORT!


The FIFA Executive committee did not lay out their criteria for selecting the host nation for the World Cup beforehand, leading to countries like England, Spain, Australia, and yes, America, wasting millions on a bid campaign, when they had no chance of getting it.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34445
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 75 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:20 pm

noone wrote:I am sure your "principles" are worse than anything anyone does because of the dumbass things you say.


This week's argument has nothing to do with principles!

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26791
Likes: 148 posts
Liked in: 70 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Punchy wrote:
This week's argument has nothing to do with principles!

because, as has been proven in this argument, you have none.

BlueStreak
User avatar
The Red Stands for Irony
 
Posts: 12261
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 29 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:06 pm
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:25 pm

noone wrote:panderer!


Nah, I just don't care that much. It's obvious that this book isn't going to get a legitimate score, so why should we screw around with legitimacy?

I'll still post whatever the average is, but honestly, I'm not going to try to compromise here.
Image

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34445
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 75 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:26 pm

noone wrote:because, as has been proven in this argument, you have none.


How? Have I paid for a Batwoman comic recently? Not to my knowledge.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26791
Likes: 148 posts
Liked in: 70 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:26 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
Nah, I just don't care that much. It's obvious that this book isn't going to get a legitimate score, so why should we screw around with legitimacy?

I'll still post whatever the average is, but honestly, I'm not going to try to compromise here.

:lol:
I blame PUnc, er, I mean Jimmy

BlueStreak
User avatar
The Red Stands for Irony
 
Posts: 12261
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 29 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:06 pm
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:29 pm

John Snow wrote:
It's a holiday week, regardless of the pick or bickering there were going to be less than 10 reviews no matter what most likely.


Yeah, hence my "fuck it" declaration. I'm not going to spend a lot of time worrying about this. It's the holidays and I have loan committee coming up, which makes this bickering look like peaceful pleasantries in comparison.

So score how you want this week, and come back next week for business as usual.
Image

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:34 pm

John Snow wrote:
There hasn't been a zero since Yoni dropped one on Nova #1. Before that some one-timer gave the Batmorrison prose issue a 0 and Yoni another to Franklin Richards. Amato gave the first zero to Uncle Sam.


This post is wrong. :oops:

Squid gave zeros to XMF and Bullet to the Head.

The most recent zero was by starlord for Batman and Robin.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:35 pm

Lots of precedents for zeros, zero precedents for higher than 10.

BlueStreak
User avatar
The Red Stands for Irony
 
Posts: 12261
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 29 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:06 pm
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:35 pm

John Snow wrote:
This post is wrong. :oops:

Squid gave zeros to XMF and Bullet to the Head.

The most recent zero was by starlord for Batman and Robin.


Did you mark them as zeroes in the SOD? The write up in the OP I've been following says 1-10, but it's nice to know the precedent.
Image

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16173
Likes: 246 posts
Liked in: 344 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:36 pm

noone wrote:so Yoni and I can grade it a million?


I'm going to be reviewing this book on it's actual merits as a comic. If it sucks it's going to get a shitty score.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:36 pm

noone wrote: :lol:
I blame PUnc, er, I mean Jimmy


Jimmy Trollsen is hilarious, amirite? I honestly don't know how it hasn't been used already.

GHERU
User avatar


YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 39190
Likes: 174 posts
Liked in: 259 posts
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: Fucking Akron


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby GHERU » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:36 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:Really? Because I'm sick to shit of non-members who do nothing but bitch about the group regarding some review group thread they read and didn't like 8 months ago voting in the polls.

Those people can approach the edge of a cliff for all I care.

I completely understand your point, I just disagree with your solution
I just don;t think that IF there is a poll outside of this thread then it looks bad for the group if we "poll kick" non-members
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34445
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 75 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:38 pm

John Snow wrote:
Jimmy Trollsen is hilarious, amirite? I honestly don't know how it hasn't been used already.


But I'm not the troll here! I'm the opposite of a troll!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alijafferythehunk, psbot [Picsearch] and 84 guests

Advertisement