Sunday, December 4, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Shit happens here."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:49 pm

His run on Action was incredible. I also like that Infinite Crisis book and his Teen Titans run.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:51 pm

noone wrote:His run on Action was incredible. I also like that Infinite Crisis book and his Teen Titans run.

JSA and Teen Titans is what got me into DC comics.

He was also the first writer that had me enjoying Superman.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:52 pm

I'll be the Johns hater. To start of this new great age in The Outhouse;s history, I'm going to say something incredibly offensive to rile up all of you Johns lovers later in this post...
Geoff Johns is to comics what baby-eating is to vaginas. FLAME AWAY, BITCHES!!!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:56 pm

yup. JSA I missed. I really liked the first arc on the new book though.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:57 pm

noone wrote:yup. JSA I missed. I really liked the first arc on the new book though.

It was excellent. Stargirl remains one of my favorite characters. And from Stargirl I discovered Starman which is doubly awesome.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:04 pm

noone wrote:His run on Action was incredible. I also like that Infinite Crisis book and his Teen Titans run.

minus JSA Vol. 2, that's pretty much the exact list of "Worst shit Johns has ever written".

read JSA vol. 1, Flash, Stars & STRIPE, and GL for the good stuff.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:07 pm

chap22 wrote:minus JSA Vol. 2, that's pretty much the exact list of "Worst shit Johns has ever written".

I liked JSA Vol 2. It just went on about fifteen issues too long. And it didn't follow-up on a bunch of plot points (because he left the book at the conclusion of the Gog arc).

Postby ****** » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:23 pm

Action is the only thing Johns has done that didn't suck donkey balls.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:25 pm

:lol:

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:28 pm

noone wrote:also, very confused on the johns bashing vendetta comment... me thinks you have me confused with some one else.

R'uh R'oh ! My mistake. For some reason I often confuse you with that 'The Nacireman' dude :lol:

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:37 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
R'uh R'oh ! My mistake. For some reason I often confuse you with that 'The Nacireman' dude :lol:

it's okay, I am pretty sure you are just a nerdyboy alias.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:44 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:

That is a nearly unforgivable insult.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:58 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
I liked JSA Vol 2. It just went on about fifteen issues too long. And it didn't follow-up on a bunch of plot points (because he left the book at the conclusion of the Gog arc).

first arc was ruined by Vandal Savage's highly-successful-to-that-point master plan meeting defeat at the hands of...a goddamn fire truck. :roll: Lightning Saga was ruined by ever being conceived. :smt011 Zoom sucks and he ruined the Liberty Belle/Hourman/Damage issue. Kingdom Come works only as an Elseworlds that needs to stay far the fuck away from all DCU "Earth-Prime/-One/NuEarth/whatever the fuck they're calling it now" continuity, Magog blows goat scrote, and the "Thy Kingdom Come" arc therefore sucked. plus it was goddamn interminable.

the only good parts of that run were the done-in-ones featuring Citizen Steel (still a dumb name) and the last issue centering on Stargirl. beyond that...blech.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:00 pm

John Snow wrote:Action is the only thing Johns has done that didn't suck donkey balls.

gack...Action was terrible. the Legion sucks. Brainiac should never lose to germs. Chris Kent was only made interesting by other writers. Pa Kent shouldn't have died. too much goddamn Donner-fellating.

thoroughly worthless run.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:03 pm

chap22 wrote:minus JSA Vol. 2, that's pretty much the exact list of "Worst shit Johns has ever written".

Drop Flash and GL for me, but you're post is half right. :wink:

leave a comment with facebook