Saturday, September 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "*the sound you hear when PAC-MAN dies*"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

I got bored - movie poster - The Prestige

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Doozer

cheese

Postby Doozer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:52 am

Image

Just got bored, this popped into my head.
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:31 am

That would make for a great cover for the book. Good job.
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:58 am

Really cool, although the font you chose really doesn't work, IMO.
User avatar

Doozer

cheese

Postby Doozer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:07 pm

dairydead wrote:Really cool, although the font you chose really doesn't work, IMO.


Really? What direction would you go?
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:26 pm

Doozer wrote:
Really? What direction would you go?


I think it works moreso in the title area of the poster itself, but the text on the bottom is a bit distracting, plus having repeating on the bottom so prominently takes away from the impact that the font would have up in the title. it takes away from how unique the font is. I would go with something really simple, and maybe take down the size a bit. If it was me doing this, i would probably shoot for Century Gothic, or Georgia, both are interesting looking, but simple enough to not draw the eye.

all in all though, great poster.
User avatar

Doozer

cheese

Postby Doozer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:07 pm

dairydead wrote:
I think it works moreso in the title area of the poster itself, but the text on the bottom is a bit distracting, plus having repeating on the bottom so prominently takes away from the impact that the font would have up in the title. it takes away from how unique the font is. I would go with something really simple, and maybe take down the size a bit. If it was me doing this, i would probably shoot for Century Gothic, or Georgia, both are interesting looking, but simple enough to not draw the eye.

all in all though, great poster.


I was going to post your exact sentiments. Good eye. When
I get around to it, im going to try out a simplified serif font or a sans serif like Futura.
User avatar

Doozer

cheese

Postby Doozer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Image

Futura

Image

Century Gothic
User avatar

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:31 pm

I like it. Awesome job.

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:38 pm

That's a great idea. I love that movie.
User avatar

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:43 pm

needs more hats fewer birds
User avatar

Doozer

cheese

Postby Doozer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:46 pm

eltopo wrote:needs more hats fewer birds


Image
User avatar

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:59 pm

Very cool. I love that movie, one of the few I can say is better than the book (which I also liked).
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:55 pm

Doozer wrote:Image

Futura

Image

Century Gothic


I'm digging the Century Gothic one quite a bit. I see though, that the alignment doesn't look quite right with the sides of the poster. They probably actually line up, but with a san serif font like that, it can create the illusion of breaking that line. Personally, i would lower the fonts by a point or two, and adjust the kerning a little, but at this point its just nitpicking. If youre happy with it, i think you've got a good poster on your hands.
User avatar

Doozer

cheese

Postby Doozer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:12 pm

dairydead wrote:
I'm digging the Century Gothic one quite a bit. I see though, that the alignment doesn't look quite right with the sides of the poster. They probably actually line up, but with a san serif font like that, it can create the illusion of breaking that line. Personally, i would lower the fonts by a point or two, and adjust the kerning a little, but at this point its just nitpicking. If youre happy with it, i think you've got a good poster on your hands.


GET OUT OF MY MIND!!

yeah, the kerming is off and the small font of "Hugh" and the large font of "Nolan" throws off the balance.

As much as I like futura, gothic really looks good on this. Good call.

blah

rubber spoon

Postby blah » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:06 pm

I don't understand the idea.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests