Monday, July 25, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We're so sorry, DC. Please take us back."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week #256: Weird Worlds #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:49 am

the only new thing to my knowledge is...that it's now in color! :smt011

Basically you chose a reprint for a choice. :smt102

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:11 am

It's a reprint in colour that I personally haven't read because I was trade waiting. I think the colour upgrade will be of interest to the handful that already read it and the OTT ridiculousness will make it interesting for everyone else. Plus the art is gorgeous.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:28 am

Has the Image Gula not been traded yet?

Ooh you are in for a treat.

Casanova is so good I'm buying it twice.

Postby ****** » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:56 am

Punchy wrote:Has the Image Gula not been traded yet?

Nope.

So this is still the Image stuff? If I finally read my Luxuria HC this is what takes place directly after?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:42 am

John Snow wrote:
Nope.

So this is still the Image stuff? If I finally read my Luxuria HC this is what takes place directly after?

Yes, this is reprints of #8 to #14 of the Image run.

Postby ****** » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:06 pm

Punchy wrote:
Yes, this is reprints of #8 to #14 of the Image run.

Bleh. I guess I have to get to reading then. :-(

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:14 pm

I'm not gonna re-read, I'm just gonna jump in confused and bored like I do most weeks.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:46 pm

You picked a reprint? That's fucking stupid. I call Mutiny.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:49 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:You picked a reprint? That's fucking stupid. I call Mutiny.

I'm willing to bet there's maybe five Review Groupers who have read it before.

And it has new material and has been recolored.

Plus, it's next to impossible to find this issue for a reasonable price. Trust me, I looked.

The ruling stands.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:10 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
I'm willing to bet there's maybe five Review Groupers who have read it before.

And it has new material and has been recolored.

Plus, it's next to impossible to find this issue for a reasonable price. Trust me, I looked.

The ruling stands.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Casanova-Image-2006 ... 002wt_1139

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:20 pm

Shipping costs, man. Shipping costs. :smt011 :P (I tried to find the second trade a few months ago but couldn't find it one at a decent discount)

Does anyone seriously have issue with this? The series hasn't been reviewed before (I say without checking the list of past choices). A good chunk of people haven't read it. Those that have can just pull out their backissue and save the couple dollars or call principles and not read it. It's been recolored and shit.

I don't see a downside here. :smt102

Postby ****** » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:31 pm

Having just read the first four issues of Luxuria, it's a lot better than I remember it being. :oops:

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:33 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
Shipping costs, man. Shipping costs. :smt011 :P (I tried to find the second trade a few months ago but couldn't find it one at a decent discount)

Does anyone seriously have issue with this? The series hasn't been reviewed before (I say without checking the list of past choices). A good chunk of people haven't read it. Those that have can just pull out their backissue and save the couple dollars or call principles and not read it. It's been recolored and shit.

I don't see a downside here. :smt102

Well, Matt Fraction. :wink:

Postby ****** » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:35 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:

I too have trouble getting past his twatiness. Ba does at least mostly cancel it out in v1.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:

Touche.

Anyone who doesn't want to review it on account of it being a reprint can get an indulgence if they want. Everyone else better review it and love it. :twisted:

leave a comment with facebook