Saturday, May 28, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Magneto was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Review Group Week #258: The Spirit #10

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:53 pm

Eh, never mind. Back to the matter at hand.

Zero wrote:I hate musicals. Hate 'em all.

Even Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Urinetown? :shock:

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:11 pm

Eli, you should like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, surely, the book was written by Ian Fleming!

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:55 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:Eli, you should like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, surely, the book was written by Ian Fleming!

Yeah, and a script by Roald Dahl.

To be honest, I don't know if I loathe it or not. It has probably been 20 years since I've last seen it.

I do like Singin' in the Rain. But that's because there's some effort made to place the musical numbers in a somewhat plausible context.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:11 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Yeah, and a script by Roald Dahl.

To be honest, I don't know if I loathe it or not. It has probably been 20 years since I've last seen it.

I do like Singin' in the Rain. But that's because there's some effort made to place the musical numbers in a somewhat plausible context.

I've never seen that.

Of course, Willy Wonka is a musical and you can't possibly hate Gene Wilder's performance in that, it's genius!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:15 pm

are we still on about musicals?

I don't loathe them. I love The Sound of Music, Music Man, Willy Wonka, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserable, Jesus Christ Superstar, An American in Paris, Singin' In the Rain, White Christmas, Disney movies...

I have never seen Rent, but the song or two I have heard made me want to kill the people involved.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:15 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:
I've never seen that.

Of course, Willy Wonka is a musical and you can't possibly hate Gene Wilder's performance in that, it's genius!

Singin in the Rain is one of my favorite movies. It's a little hokey but the dance numbers are fantastic.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:17 pm

All musicals are hokey, but they aren't any more hokey than your average sci fi movie.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:17 pm

thefourthman wrote:are we still on about musicals?

I don't loathe them. I love The Sound of Music, Music Man, Willy Wonka, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserable, Jesus Christ Superstar, An American in Paris, Singin' In the Rain, White Christmas, Disney movies...

I have never seen Rent, but the song or two I have heard made me want to kill the people involved.

Might as well call you Starlord now. :P

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:18 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:
I've never seen that.

Indeed!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:19 pm

It's okay. I know it is weird, but then I was a band nerd in high school and am lead tenor in my church's choir. I am a serious music junky and I absolutely love movies. I think I have seen every Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movie.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:21 pm

Look at it this way, Eli. Every man has their one weakness. Your's is being a pansy ass vegan. Mine is musicals.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:22 pm

thefourthman wrote:Look at it this way, Eli. Every man has their one weakness. Your's is being a pansy ass vegan. Mine is musicals.

Touche.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:23 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
Singin in the Rain is one of my favorite movies. It's a little hokey but the dance numbers are fantastic.

Yeah, I saw most of the dance numbers repeatedly in film school actually, but they were isolated from the rest of the movie.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:36 pm

thefourthman wrote:Look at it this way, Eli. Every man has their one weakness. Your's is being a pansy ass vegan. Mine is musicals.

Vegans have special powers, though.

/scottpilgrim'd

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:00 pm

thefourthman wrote:It's okay. I know it is weird, but then I was a band nerd in high school and am lead tenor in my church's choir. I am a serious music junky and I absolutely love movies. I think I have seen every Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movie.

See that plus your dubious taste in music was why I was willing to give you the free pass on Rent.

leave a comment with facebook